Would you do it all again????

This is such a deep question!

I've certainly made mistakes in life and done some risky things, but then other things have happened which really couldn't be put down to how i've handled things, just random.

If I start to look at certain things I'd change then everything else would be affected, like not being who I am and not having my children. So many things.

So I suppose I wouldn't change things really.

I wish I'd pushed for more tests to do with my awful periods years ago. I lived with really heavy long periods since I was 12 that affected what I did, my confidence etc... Even when I first went to the Dr at 24 and was told I didn't have PCO and it was just tough luck I just accepted it. Fast forward to ttc when I was determined to get answers and it turns out I have PCO that has led to pre-cancerous biopsy results (thankfully treated and back to normal). We definately would have ttc sooner and got help faster.

Regrets suck but I'm a big advocate for making the most of the future. A really interesting thread!

I would tell my teenaged self i didn't have to get top marks in everything...seriously i ised to do exams and it wasn't enough to get an A, i had to get 100% or as close as possible. I neglected my social life and my friends because i 'knew' if i just got into the perfect uni everything would be perfect and i could do all the things i wasn't ddoing (which i did...then i got pregnant :haha: )

I would tell myself to lighten up - i could've got the same grades anf spent more time having fun!

Yes i would change a lot. But if I did then I wouldnt have my kids now. So I dunno actually lol.

I wish we hadn't moved out so young and had saved for a deposit instead. That is one big piece of advice i would give my girls. Then again i think i may have lost my mind staying at home any longer. I wish we hadn't wasted so much money when we did move out, we had a good time though! and i'm grateful for those 3 years of no money worries. I wouldn't change anything else.

I must be the only person who would do more not less.

I was very bookish growing up, rarely went out or did anything. I had very few friends. I went to boarding school, and as a result while being very independent and self-sufficient I was also very quiet and reserved and never EVER rebelled!

I went straight from school to Uni, and while Uni was probably the making of me, I was in a relationship for the entire 3 years (met the guy in Fresher's week) and only saw the light that we weren't right for one another when I moved out on my own - I still to this day don't know how he missed that I wasn't happy, I moved 300miles away from him into my own flat for lords sake! lol

At this point in my life, I decided to 'Do More' with my time and to stop being afraid. I decided first to tackle my fear of water and enrolled on a SCUBA course......on which I met my husband! lol

I have a lot of life experience and a lot of stories, but the stories aren't mine, they're from my parents moving me around the country on a whim, and neglecting me in favour of making £50 at a gig (Dad was a cabaret musician). I've never done anything of any note (except of course make my beautiful boys). My career stalled when I got pregnant with DS1 and now I'm stuck in a no-mans land where I'm over-qualified for entry level stuff, but highly under-qualified for anything 'professional' due to a 5 year break in my work history (I have had a couple of jobs but both temp) and I'm greatly underwhelmed by my career as a result and have no idea how to fix that. I've never travelled (only been abroad twice and one of those times I was 5) and would have loved to. I've never done anything outrageous as I was always too scared to do anything like that, and I've never 'done' anything if that makes sense. All I have to show for my life (again apart from my boys) is a set of exam results and a handful of photographs. It's all a bit disappointing really. :nope:

I know I have time, and I intend to fix that, but the future is always an uncertain thing, especially when you have LOs to prioritise. It could be another 20 years before I get to fulfil my own needs..... when they should have been fulfilled years ago. I'm 30, and I know I wouldn't be in the privileged position I'm in now (happily married, babies, plans for the future) had I done things differently, but would the odd holiday or night out clubbing have really changed me THAT much?! :shrug:

I seriously wouldnt change anything.

the only thing I think is that we should maybe have splashed out a bit more on holidays,weekends away etc but then wed owe money so really that wouldnt be something id change.

Yes, I would have done my A Levels instead of fannying around with a pointless music diploma and drinking too much! Teen Dani was stupid.
I still managed to get a good job etc but I definitely wish i'd got my head down and gone down a path that would have suited me better in the long term.

I must be the only person who would do more not less.

I was very bookish growing up, rarely went out or did anything. I had very few friends. I went to boarding school, and as a result while being very independent and self-sufficient I was also very quiet and reserved and never EVER rebelled!

I went straight from school to Uni, and while Uni was probably the making of me, I was in a relationship for the entire 3 years (met the guy in Fresher's week) and only saw the light that we weren't right for one another when I moved out on my own - I still to this day don't know how he missed that I wasn't happy, I moved 300miles away from him into my own flat for lords sake! lol

At this point in my life, I decided to 'Do More' with my time and to stop being afraid. I decided first to tackle my fear of water and enrolled on a SCUBA course......on which I met my husband! lol

I have a lot of life experience and a lot of stories, but the stories aren't mine, they're from my parents moving me around the country on a whim, and neglecting me in favour of making £50 at a gig (Dad was a cabaret musician). I've never done anything of any note (except of course make my beautiful boys). My career stalled when I got pregnant with DS1 and now I'm stuck in a no-mans land where I'm over-qualified for entry level stuff, but highly under-qualified for anything 'professional' due to a 5 year break in my work history (I have had a couple of jobs but both temp) and I'm greatly underwhelmed by my career as a result and have no idea how to fix that. I've never travelled (only been abroad twice and one of those times I was 5) and would have loved to. I've never done anything outrageous as I was always too scared to do anything like that, and I've never 'done' anything if that makes sense. All I have to show for my life (again apart from my boys) is a set of exam results and a handful of photographs. It's all a bit disappointing really. :nope:

I know I have time, and I intend to fix that, but the future is always an uncertain thing, especially when you have LOs to prioritise. It could be another 20 years before I get to fulfil my own needs..... when they should have been fulfilled years ago. I'm 30, and I know I wouldn't be in the privileged position I'm in now (happily married, babies, plans for the future) had I done things differently, but would the odd holiday or night out clubbing have really changed me THAT much?! :shrug:

There is ALWAYS time hun- I wish I'd traveled more when I was younger... but, I got a job young and didn't know what path my life would take and didn't know what I wanted to be "when I grew up!" haha- so I worked and just kinda took opportunities as they came up- I'm lucky to have the job I have... I worked hard to get where I am... but I never really traveled or experienced that part of life when I was young and only taking care of me. I could barely make ends meet! And now that I'm older (and wiser) and financially stable - I have a family to care for... so my goal (after retirement) is to travel and see the world... to do the things I didn't do in my younger years. And hey- maybe I'll have a better appreciation for it then ;)

I think- if there are things we want to change, when possible, change them... or do the things you didn't do when you were young. Why not?! It's never too late!!!! I mean, I may need a walker to get up some mountain in Asia during my travels- being later in life- but least I'll be doing it! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->