Would you ever...

glitterfly

Reaction score
Trust your OH enough to go on 'Don't tell the bride?'

I think I could (if there were no cameras ha!)... Just but I'd really miss not having a part of the biggest day of my life.

What about you??

X

yes but mainly because he is the sweetest most romantic man in the world and would do a much better job than me

I would trust my hubby but not with the dress, I know he would pick a gorgeous one but it will never be my 'THE ONE' iykwim

I think I could trust my hubby but then again I am picky about somethings.

We had a nice wedding for way under $1,000 so I don't think I'd want $25,000 for a wedding. Seems like such a waste. I mean having a big expensive wedding doesn't guarantee happiness anymore than a cheap wedding.

Wow under $1000 is very impressive. I've not quite gotten to being married yet but my sisters cost £8000 and she said that was as cheap as she could get it. Interestingly she said exactly what you just said about happiness.

I'm so like you, some things I'd really fret over. It would be just my luck that my OH chose the most unflattering wedding dress he could find! Bless him! Haha xxx

I would trust my hubby but not with the dress, I know he would pick a gorgeous one but it will never be my 'THE ONE' iykwim

Haha ditto!!! The dress would be something I'd need to do myself. Oh grew up with mainly women, and is quite good when it comes to detail. I just love the idea of a wedding being something where you can both bounce ideas of one another and create a special day together. I can't believe the budget they get £12000!!!

Have you been watching the celebrity one? JEDWARD organised some poor couples wedding!!

Xxx

Noway hahaha, we always talk about getting married and I ask him simple things like what colour theme etc and his answer to everything is dunno! We talked about don't tell the bride too and he said he'd blow the money on the stag do :dohh:

We got the rings on eBay for around $100 (his is a plain silver band and mine is a silver band with 3 small diamonds)

The decorations we made ourselves or bought on sale

The minister was $50

The venue required a deposit which was returnable as long as we cleaned the venue up afterwards

We found a wedding shop going out of business and got a $600 dress for $125

Our local bakery did our wedding cake and decorated cupcakes for the kids for $100

My sis in law did my hair and makeup

The wedding license was $60

My husband made the punch

We just did snack foods

My sis in law is a photographer and did our wedding pictures as a gift.

Total spent was around $600

omg, no way in hell.

Hmmm....maybe! If I could give him a prep talk first :rofl:

TBH i would be so happy i was finally getting married i wouldn't care what he did.

As long as the honeymoon was in Disneyworld.

That's bad i know.

:rofl:

I would :)

He knows exactly what I want, its just a question of getting it. The only thing I think he would struggle with is the dress, even I don't know what type of dress I want yet so he hasnt got a cat in hells chance :haha:

We've spoken about this a few times actually and he's impressed me so much with his choices.
So yes, i would.

Although the dress would be a tricky one.... he wouldn't pick anything bad, but I'm sure it wouldn't be "the perfect one"

Yes,definitely.

My wedding dress was from Ebay,it took me about an hour at most to choose it so I wouldn't mind him choosing one.

Although our wedding was lovely,very us and everything I wanted I don't think I'm really a wedding person,I wouldn't have been fussed to let somebody else organise it all.

No I would never go on don't tell the bride as I was reading something online a while back,and one of the questions they ask when short listing couples was "if everything was going smoothly,would you be willing for us to throw a spanner in the works"!

I always said I would trust my oh but when we went to have a chat with the woman who will dress the room for us oh and I couldn't really agree on anything,so in the end oh just gave in lol
Also I had asked him what he thinks my dress is going to be like and he showed me a pic in a wedding magazine and it is nowhere near anything like my dress

No I would never go on don't tell the bride as I was reading something online a while back,and one of the questions they ask when short listing couples was "if everything was going smoothly,would you be willing for us to throw a spanner in the works"!

I always said I would trust my oh but when we went to have a chat with the woman who will dress the room for us oh and I couldn't really agree on anything,so in the end oh just gave in lol
Also I had asked him what he thinks my dress is going to be like and he showed me a pic in a wedding magazine and it is nowhere near anything like my dress

I can't believe that that's in the questions they ask... How rude! Haha what they're basically asking is, if ur OH is doing a great job, can we make him look like an idiot by making it hard work for him. Evil! Haha

I love that there is a right mix of opinions. Thank you to everyone whos replied.

X

Hell would freeze over before i would let my OH plan our wedding :haha:

yes I would, although I would worry about him spending too much on a stag do

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back