Would you go to the ER? UPDATE: went to er

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Hey ladies, I'm on the fence as to whether I really want to drag myself to the ER over this.

Background
I have been sick for a week now. It started as a cold with a sore throat, then the sore throat went away but the other symptoms just got worse. I'm dizzy, lightheaded, nauseated, weak.... I can barely stand long enough to shower without losing my breath or feeling faint. So my gyn excused me from work. I had an ultrasound on Monday and measured 5w5d with an EDD of June 2nd/3rd (putting me at 6w3d today which is right on track).

What happened today?
I had been up to go to the bathroom twice, to let the dogs out a few times, and to get fruit SO brought for me to eat today while he works and runs errands. But 20 minutes ago, I got up to take a shower. When I went to the bathroom, I noticed quite a bit of blood. When I wiped again, there were two pebble sized dark red clots. I wiped about 5 times until I finally stopped having blood on the tissue. I showered, put on a pad, and called the advice nurse. I'm not having any pain or cramping, so she booked me an appointment on Monday. I just checked, and I don't have any blood on the pad but there is blood if I gently push tissue paper onto the vaginal opening.

Bleeding doesn't typically make me nervous, especially since it isn't heavy. But it's the fact that it had clots in it that make me wonder. So just curious, if you were in my position would you just wait it out or would you go to the ER?

Hmmmm. Have u bled in your past pregnancies?

I had light bleeding on Monday and went to the ER immediately... HOWEVER they essentially chastised me (nicely but I still felt bashful lol) and said don't come back unless it's more than a pad in an hour lasting 3 or more hours. Good luck and happy thoughts :)

If keep an eye on it. If it continues or gets heavier u can definately go and get checked out just for reassurance. The fact that there's no pain or cramping is a good sign. I'd keep watching if it gets heavier then I'd go xx

Thanks ladies. I just checked again, and I think it stopped. My uterus is feeling sore, but not cramping or painful.

I haven't bled with previous pregnancies except my first I had a threatened miscarriage. That was a pad's worth of blood with a golf ball sized clot. Which is why I don't want to go. I spent 10 hours in the ER over something they couldn't do anything about and resolved itself.

I went to the ER the other day because I had red blood although it wasn't a lot and went away pretty quickly. They said I had a SCH. They did an ultrasound and blood work and made me feel a lot better and told me to come back if I start having more bleeding. Also they gave me the rhogam shot because I'm o negative and had no idea. Good thing I went. I think you should go check it out and ask for an ultrasound atleast if you're worried.

Thanks summer. An SCH? I'm definitely not O negative. I think I'm B Positive or something. Probably a piece of info I should keep handy.

A subchorionic hemorrhage. I guess it's common and it usually resolves itself. Mine has completely stopped already.

HI Dobby I am sorry you are going through this!!! To be honest, if it is just for the bleeding you are experiencing (which I don't think it is anything) I wouldn't go, because like you said, there is nothing they can do for you other then reassure you. You can chose to wait it out in your bed and the coziness of your own home.
I had bleeding intially and I waiting for the doctor's appointments because I know they are not going to tell me anything other then nature has to take its course. I hope you feel better soon, sorry you feel so faint and out of breath :((( Just make some chamomile tea and try to relax. HUgs!

Glad it has resolved already :)

I don't have the energy even get up to go get my phone from the kitchen. So when I muster up the strength to do that, if I find blood I'll go. Otherwise, I'm going to wait it out.

I went to the ER when I had a couple of clots at around 6 weeks. They scanned me, and all was fine.. I found I really needed to go though, for my piece of mind. Hope it has eased off for you now. :hugs:

So I went. Saw Little A and his flickering little heart. Took two doctors using a card with instructions to do my u/s... I spotted a second black thing and upon inspection there is a second sac. It appears empty but a good size. Have to get a follow up scan. Hug is 60313 so doubling at 66h

Wow Dobby! That is crazy. Why did the drs need instructions?
I'm so happy you saw bean's little hb.

They said the process for saving images to a person's file changed but they seemed generally unaware of how to use the machine. She said my second sac was a bowel... I was like nooooo that is definitely in my uterus.... So yeahhhh. Formal ultrasound on Monday.

Oh my gosh dobby that's nuts! Please keep us updated! Waiting on pins and needles :)

I almost threw up on poor SO while he was helping me out of the car. He was supposed to go riding with his friends, but since he spent errands day at the hospital now he can't :(. He almost had a panic attack when we found the second sac

It sounds like that second sac was probably a blood-filled sac. My doc said the are really common and when u have them it will cause spotting/light bleeding. Glad u saw the heartbeat !

Interesting. I think they mentioned it could be blood or an empty gestational sac. Whatever it is, it's probably the source of the bleeding. But they are only trained to look for signs of a healthy pregnancy: sac, yolk sac, fetal pole, hb. So outside of that they don't know. I thought I caught a glimpse of a yolk sac at one point, but it wasn't on screen long enough to tell. So just stuck until Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->