Would you guys please do my survey?

ElyRose

Reaction score
Heya!
So I'm doing a project in Sociology looking at education and teenage pregnancy/teenage motherhood :) The results will be completely anonymous, no names or anything like that mentioned and it's all impartial. It'd be amazing if you guys could take a look and hopefully answer my questions :)

1. How old were you when you fell pregnant and/or had your child? How old are you and your child now?

2. Were you in education when you fell pregnant? If so, were you studying GCSEs and A-Levels? (if in the UK, if not skip the GCSE/A Level thing)

3. If the answer to the last question is yes, what qualifications do you have and in what grades?

4. Are you currently at university, or do you have plans to go?

5. Did your pregnancy have an effect on your relationship with your teachers and school friends?

6. Before you became pregnant, were your grades better or worse?

7. Before you became pregnant, was your attendance in school better or worse?

8. Any other comments that may help me?

Thank you sooo much guys, it means a lot to me :3

1. How old were you when you fell pregnant and/or had your child? How old are you and your child now? I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 22 :)

2. Were you in education when you fell pregnant? If so, were you studying GCSEs and A-Levels? (if in the UK, if not skip the GCSE/A Level thing)
Yes i'm at college studying photography and graphic design A levels.

3. If the answer to the last question is yes, what qualifications do you have and in what grades? I've got an 2 A Levels In Art and Design and Life Drawing, I'm carrying on my course and will come out this year with 4 more A levels in Graphic Design and Photography :)

I do have plans to go. I'll take a year out first though to take care of baby for the first year.

5. Did your pregnancy have an effect on your relationship with your teachers and school friends?
All my tutors have been amazing and have supported my decisions.

My grades are now better, I'm more determined.

My attendance is worse, because of doctors appts/morning sickness ect.
All my tutors understand though and the college have said it's not a problem!

A lot of people think of teen parents as being benefit scroungers/living off the government, when really this is far from the truth. The majority of teen parents are well educated and come from a higher class background, just because you are young and pregnant does not mean you have to drop everything and scounge off the government, you can still do everything you planned to do, it just takes a bit longer. A teenager can do as good a job as any older parents.

1. How old were you when you fell pregnant and/or had your child? How old are you and your child now?
I am 16, my fiancee is 17, and I will be 17 and he will be 18 when Lux is born.

Im in the USA, but im in 11th grade of high school

3. If the answer to the last question is yes, what qualifications do you have and in what grades?
not sure what this means.

I 100% plan to attend university eventually, but i would have to look into somewhere near where OH will be stationed (hes going into the military.)

Not really my teachers, because its fairly common where I'm from. But it definitely affected my relationships with my friends. Most of them have turned their backs on me.
About equal.

It was much better, I found out early in pregnancy that I have Hyperemesis which is essentially really really bad morning sickness, and ive had to miss school for that, as well as doctors appointments.

Everyone who says its not easy isnt lying. I was with my OH for about 3.5 months when we found out we were pregnant, and it definitely sped up our relationship. You lose what remains of your childhood. I dont get to be a normal teenager. I cant go out and party all the time, i have responsibilities. Im having to worry about my baby first. Im having to get married so that we have adequate health insurance covered by the military for me and baby both and so that my daughter can know her father and live with him. there are a lot of sacrifices It makes you sick, and fat, and sometimes it makes you wish it didnt happen. But then you realize you're carrying this little person inside of you, and that its your child, and it makes it a little better. You realize its worth it, cause you're giving someone life.

Hope that helps.

I was 19 when I fell pregnant, and turned 20 two weeks before my son was born. :) He's currently 3 months, and I'm (still haha) 20.

2. Were you in education when you fell pregnant? If so, were you studying GCSEs and A-Levels?
I'm in the U.S.. When I fell pregnant, I had my high school degree and in college (I am still taking classes!).

N/A

I'm going to a community college and planning on transferring to a 4-year after.

No, my teachers have all been incredibly supportive! The first teacher I told was so sweet and kind, she always asked how far I was and how I was feeling. She gave me exceptions when I had morning sickness and couldn't make it (too scared to drive!). My friends, not so much, they were all pretty excited. :)

They've stayed the same.

It's stayed the same. However, I'm taking online classes and no longer taking classes at school (for the moment, anyway!).

I have no idea!

First child, conceived at 17, gave birth at 18.
Second child, conceived and delivered at 19.
Now: I am 21, my daughter is 3 1/2 years old, my son is 2 years old, and I'm 32 weeks (tomorrow) pregnant with my third child.

No, I completed AS levels (lower 6th) then left school and went into work. I conceived my first after I had left school.

n/A

N/A

Friends, yes. You find out which ones are genuine when you fall pregnant.

N/A

N/A

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back