• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would you let a newborn cry it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There would be no "mommy wars" if it wasn't for cruel and judgmental people like those here on the forums.

Why don't you worry about your own child and free yourself from the burden of saving every other child from even uttering a cry?

Good luck with your future spoiled brat, who will probably come into your bedroom 5 times a night because they can't sleep on their own.

Did you know that there's a link between extended cosleeping and divorce??

Just seen this. All mine bed shared with me, my oldest then asked for his own bed, had that beside mine and then in his own room. He dosnt wake at all or come in to me. And myself and partner are fine. It seems to be some sort of illusion bed sharing and no sleep training. Its rather unfair. Especially assuming they are spoiled brats. I know this poster is gone but I wanted to address that assumption which is made by many.

I'm still dumbfounded. MommyJogger, since you're a lab tech somewhere, I take it you're no longer in high school right? I think I've seen you slag off ppl by name at least twice in this thread, and not because they made you angry, but because you want people to know you look down on them.
It doesn't sound like you were close friends with the Noelle girl that you've been trashing, but you talk as if you know her 'qualifications', and you just throw out that HanaK is a duplicate account for the hell of it. I bet she doesn't appreciate that, considering that gets people flagged.

I bet people would be more inclined to listen to what you have to say if you weren't so cringe-worthy. It's painful to read. Maybe it's just this thread, I don't know, but.... Dude.

I feel the need to defend Noelle here. The reason she became so knowledgeable about sleep was that her daughter didn't. Her only intention was support for mums as frazzled as her. She has never declared herself an expert; she has simply demonstrated a wide knowledge on a subject close to her heart. What better thing to do with such a wealth of knowledge than to share it with others who are struggling to cope? She is and always has been able to present a balanced view, but you wouldn't really know about that would you? My understanding is that your issue with her stems from the fact that mums listened to her, 'expert' or not.

My issue is that she encouraged moms to put themselves before their children. When they were desperate, she told them it was okay to do training that she knew ends up with some children becoming so upset that they vomit from it. She encouraged them to put themselves first, over their children. And she encouraged it because that's what she did. It made her feel better about her own actions. There's nothing balanced about "I did it and we're fine, so it's totally okay for everyone else to do it, too". On the new site, she supported the woman who puts her kids to bed, tired or not, screaming or not, at 7pm without attending to them because "after 7pm is adult time". That's not balanced, that's anti-baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back