Would you let a newborn cry it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm not to change the subject or anything but.....

WHY IS EVERYONE AVOIDING NESTLE?!?! :O :haha:

Don't they make a lot of candy bars and chocolate stuff? I think I love nestle... :blush:

While i dont mind abit of funny banter, why is it when a thread gets heated, it always turns to jokey posts?

While i dont mind abit of funny banter, why is it when a thread gets heated, it always turns to jokey posts?

Did you not see how ridiculously nasty one of the posters got? I think that's why it happened, it's better than rising to it and being just as bad x

True! Lol. Well here we go... I don't use the method and it wouldn't even cross my mind to use it on a newborn. I'll let my LO fuss a bit now if he needs to sleep but even that's a recent thing. Other than that I always respond to him as soon as I can.... although tantrums are starting so that may change. I'll have to get back to you on that ;) x

Speaking of this, probably the saddest story I've ever read in my life.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dai...cries-hours-mother-rejects-him-194824961.html

Anyone else think Elizah1980 is drunk and now passed out with her head in a vom bucket!?!

Anyone else think Elizah1980 is drunk and now passed out with her head in a vom bucket!?!

She's obviously one of the more recent anti-BnBers who left in a storm. I don't know who she is, but I'm sure I know her. Might even been chums :shrug: I hope not, because I don't appreciate being told I'm chicken shit for doing AP. We aren't all sanctimommies thank you....!! :) :kiss:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dai...cries-hours-mother-rejects-him-194824961.html

That broke my heart......it took me back to when I was younger and I saw the Earth Song (Michael Jackson) video and that elephant died (I was probably 7 or 8) and I cried my eyes out and my mum had to console me for hours.

Poor poor baby elephant.

She's obviously one of the more recent anti-BnBers who left in a storm. I don't know who she is, but I'm sure I know her. Might even been chums :shrug: I hope not, because I don't appreciate being told I'm chicken shit for doing AP. We aren't all sanctimommies thank you....!! :) :kiss:

Thank you indeed - its like ya read my mind!

So cute, yet so sad:-( poor baby elephant:cry:

"Elizah", if you are who I think you are (you have used some words that are familiar to me and the rest of it adds up), then all I have to say is that maybe it's worth taking some time away from the internet mommy debates because it's really not helping, but rather causing anger, sort of a self-vicious cycle. You know darn well that plenty of us "AP" moms just do what we do because we feel comfortable doing it, it's not about being chicken shit mothers, and lashing out at others isn't going to make you feel better about your choices.

In fact, in reading your first few posts, I *know* which poster you are. And it sort of breaks my heart because I know you are a good person and are probably just angry at some people. I don't condone some of the things said here and I certainly don't agree that babies who are sleep trained will be 'damaged' (I think that is more reserved for chronic neglect), don't let extreme views feed negativity in you.

Hugs! :)

"Elizah", if you are who I think you are (you have used some words that are familiar to me and the rest of it adds up), then all I have to say is that maybe it's worth taking some time away from the internet mommy debates because it's really not helping, but rather causing anger, sort of a self-vicious cycle. You know darn well that plenty of us "AP" moms just do what we do because we feel comfortable doing it, it's not about being chicken shit mothers, and lashing out at others isn't going to make you feel better about your choices.

In fact, in reading your first few posts, I *know* which poster you are. And it sort of breaks my heart because I know you are a good person and are probably just angry at some people. I don't condone some of the things said here and I certainly don't agree that babies who are sleep trained will be 'damaged' (I think that is more reserved for chronic neglect), don't let extreme views feed negativity in you.

I genuinely couldn't figure out who it was :shrug: lol

I genuinely couldn't figure out who it was :shrug: lol

I believe it is someone I would consider a friend, who left us a few months ago :flower:

I was never left to cry and have a myriad of attachment, anxiety and OCD issues. How do you prove it was CIO that causes these kinds of problems in adulthood? You can't. I'm a good example. Mentally, I'm a mess, but it wasn't caused by CIO, because it was never done to me. I don't buy it. Sorry.

No one ever said that cio is the only thing that could cause these things, though. You probably weren't severely physically abused as a child, either, but we know that physical abuse can also cause your symptoms. Just because you have the symptoms without one of the possible causes doesn't debunk it as a possible cause.
Frankly, if I had anxiety issues, I'd be much less inclined to cio in case there's a genetic link and my baby were having uncontrollable anxiety problems causing the wakefulness at nighttime.

Wow! Only just woke up for the day and see this. Not really called for, considering I will have already weighed up any and all risks I felt were posed to my sons before I chose to use CIO, and don't need someone on a forum to remind me that I should, but since everything already went to shit I'm not gonna stir the pot anymore except to say that I know anxiety runs in my family regardless of sleep-training, as well as depression-- my father, sister and brother all suffer with one or the other, and as far as I know, research dictates that depression can indeed run in families, (CIO or not, lol) and I know my sons are already at risk, thank you.

If CIO wasn't used on me, and I still turned out with so many issues, I highly doubt a few nights of leaving my boys to cry is going to be the sole thing that dooms them to suffering the same issues later in life. If anything, it will be the family history, rather than one of my parenting choices, that decides whether they will unfortunately end up with any mental issues, since, y'know, genetics are funny things and they tend to pass things on or make you prone to things.

That is exactly why I don't buy CIO being the underlying cause for anxiety, depression, attachment issues, etc. There would be many, many more like me out there that have this thing called a genetic predisposition to these issues, and whether they were sleep trained or not, are at risk of developing any of them at any stage in their lives. As I said. Nobody can prove CIO to be a common denominator, when there are too many variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back