Would you let your child pole dance?

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/mysun/3717991/Would-you-let-your-child-pole-dance.html

I definatly would not!

I think it sexualises them, they shouldn't know them kind of moves at that age!

I am only expecting but I know it's a girl and no I would not let her pole dance. I used to love ballet and did a bit of jazz as a child. No problem with dance classes for my daughter, as long as it does not have sexual connotation, or at least not before she's old enough

No way. I see this on Sky News the other day and was so shocked. I couldnt believe that people actually let their young kids take pole dancing lessons.

Nah. But the pole dancing may not be a sexual thing, apparently its a very good way to tone your figure.

pole dancing is an amazing way to tone your body but why the hell do young kids need a toned body :shrug:

<3

Not a chance until she's 16! I'd happily allow my daughter to go to dance classes and gymnastics if she wants to but pole dancing/ pole fitness isn't appropriate for young children. However, if it's something she wants to look into when she's older, from 16, then I would allow it. I can understand how activities like pole dancing and burlesque can be very empowering for women but it's inappropriate to allow children to do things that have connotations they don't understand fully as it could cause problems and endanger them! A 7 year old girl wouldn't understand, for example, that the moves she leans in pole fitness class aren't OK to show to her friends in the playground at school the following day and having to explain that to her just emphasises how inappropriate and sensual it actually is!

Beca :wave:

no way lol if my daughter or any of my children want to pursure fitness then it will be in a sporting/dance enviroment suitable for a child, ie, netball, basketball, gymnastics, rugby, track, if they want more grown up dance lessons ie..ballroom then we will look into it

Nope and if it was her exercise of choice as an adult then I've done something wrong.

She told The People: I have always been aware of how I teach, the music I use and the way I demonstrate moves.

Nothing has anything sexual. The only sexy bits of pole dancing are the wriggling and grinding, and when you strip those away and bring it to the basics it is just spinning and climbing. Pole dancing is brilliant for self-esteem.

When we spoke to mum Emma yesterday, she told us: Its not pole dancing as you and I would call it, far from it. It gets my daughters running around. Its energetic and fun. I've known Carly for years and she is trying to move the stigma away from pole dancing.
https://www.people.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2011/06/12/pole-dancing-aged-3-102039-23195768/

I don't see a problem with it. I probably wouldn't seek it out but I'm not scandalized by it.

I wouldn't be comfortable with it. Why do children need pole dancing when there are so many other things out there which kids can take part in to keep fit. I just don't like the connotations which are associated with pole dancing, I mean it may be completely innocent when they're 7 (to the kids but we all know there are some sick people out there...) but what about when they start entering early teens an they start understanding the meaning of the word 'pole dancer'.

If I had a daughter and she wanted to persue something like this aged over 16 then I'd feel iffy but I'd allow her to do it as she would be old enough to make her own choices however i wouldn't allow it at such a young age. I just don't feel okay with it.

I wouldn't mind. It's just another class, far as I can see there's nothing sexual involved.

:saywhat:

In a word, no, I certainly wouldn't want my child doing it. Yes, it's good exercise but there are plenty of activities for children to do that don't bring about the same connotations as pole dancing does.

I remember holding onto a pole at the playpark and spinning around as a kid for fun and it was no way sexual.

An entire class on various ways to spin around a pole? Eh...potentially sexualizes a fun childhood activity that kids will do on their own innocently.

i'm gonna say no but surely it is just the gymnastic side of things more than gyrating up and down the pole..?

I would have to see how the class was done and what they where taught first before I decided.
If its done in the way gymnastics is done then I wouldnt have a problem with it as its the same thing just the pole in a different direction.
I think its the term pole "dancing" that probably gives people bad images of it as we have come to associate that with strippers and seedy places, maybe if it was termed as pole gymnastics then people probably wouldnt see it in the same way.

A friend on my FB puts photos of her 8 year old daughter up at her pole dancing classes and I do find some of them a bit OTT with some of the moves they are teaching them but like I say if you take out the girating and thrusting is there realy much differance to them spinning round with there legs everywhere on a crossbar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->