Would you live somewhere haunted?

I've lived in a haunted place before. Nothing bad and evil happened, but a lot of people did die there.

When I was in England I used to run an assisted living complex of about 100 residents. Before it was that, it was a nursing home and before that a church. The oldest part was an old Victorian building and I lived in the attic which had been converted in to a 3 bdrm flat.

At night you could hear what I can only describe as small pebbles being thrown across the kitchen floor. Then it would sound like someone was doing the washing up and placing stuff on the rack. I'd be in bed and get knocks on my bedroom walls, I'd see things out the corner of my eyes. Lights being turned on. When my friend stayed the night, she was in the back bedroom and said she woke up and felt someone sit on the end of her bed. It really freaked her out lol. It freaked me out at first ... but after a month I figured if they wanted to hurt me they would have by then and just told them to STOP when it got too much and it did .. for a few hours anyways lol.

The residents would also complain of someone knocking on their doors at night and when they opened the door no one was there. This had been going on for about 20 years. When it was a nursing home (The nuns ran it) they used to go around at night doing checks and knocking on the door.

Really not shocked it was haunted to be honest, so many older people have died there, 5 went in the time I managed it.

I couldn't live anywhere that anything evil or bad had happened tho.

No I couldn't live anywhere if I knew someone had died there.
There is a house down the street from us where a man hung himself, the family have it rented out now. There is no way I could live there.
x

I personally couldn't do it.. it was bad enough camping over at a haunted castle once.

id love to go on a walk around a haunted house but im too much of a wimp lol

i wana see to believe but then i dont lol

Nearly every place I've lived has been haunted, there was only one place that it was nasty though, haunted by a man and a little girl and the little girl hated my DH. Sincerely, i watched him get clawed and bitten by her, he'd take his top off to get changed and then out of nowhere, deep scratches or bite marks sometimes appeared as I watched, sometimes so bad that he'd start bleeding. We'd hear her singing at the top of the stairs too. It used to freak the cats out, especially when she sat and stroked them as they slept. You could see their fur moving like you would with the pressure of a hand stroking them. One of the cats was really scared and nervous cause of her. He wasn't so bad but there was always a really nasty feeling when he was there. Can't remember how we figured out it was a man though. Scary stuff. We lived there for 3 years.

dont think i should be reading this just before im going to bed lol

I bet Tezzy would!!

i totally missed this thread!!

my house is haunted! by a woman called Heather, she died here after falling in the bathtub. we hear noises all the time, things move, doors open.

it doesnt bother me too much although a few weeks ago ffion started screaming in her cot and i went upstairs to find the light on in her room :dohh:

why did i come back to this thread :wacko: Tezzy I would just s**t it!!

we were told by the previous owners of the house that when they moved in they had to remove an old stair lift and stuff because an old lady had lived here before them. after we actually moved into the house i saw the previous owners in town who asked me if anything weird had happened in the house.. she then told me how the old woman died and said her name was Heather, they had bought the house from Heathers daughter nearly 2 years after she died.. damn i cant remember her surname. we still get post for her sometimes

I would love to!! That would be my dream! I would love to go walking round old abandoned buildings like hospitals, prisons,nursing homes,asylums etc....just thinking off the the stuff that must of gone on there i think is really interesting....one of my fave websites is this one.

Hey, me too Shampain! I'm dying to get into an old asylum near where i live before it's knocked down (houses are to be built on the site) but it's so tricky! It's a massive place and so creepy; i find it fascinating!

No Way...I can watch all the spooky stuff on tv (not on my own of course :blush: ), but to live somewhere that could be haunted...ARGHHHH!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"