Would you paint the nursery if...

Samo

Reaction score
Would you paint baby's nursery if you might be moving a few months after baby is born?

DH and i have been talking about our future nursery and wondering whether we should paint the walls or not. The thing is, DH plans on training in a different field next year March, and likely will go to a different state for training. I will either move back to family while he is away or wait the month or two for him when we will move away together.

Baby will arrive end of Dec / beginning of Jan...that means baby will only be in the nursery in this home for a few months before we move. Would it be "worth it" to paint? Also keep in mind we have to primer any painted walls white when we move out...

:muaha:

I honestly wouldn't waste my time or money hunny :)

Neither would I.
Just hang lots of cute prints and you won't even notice.
And you will be very grateful that you didn't make that extra work for yourself when you are in the middle of a move with a new baby.
I don't think baby will mind...:)

I wouldn't do it either... I would just set everything up and paint etc in the new home.

Neither would I.
Just hang lots of cute prints and you won't even notice.
And you will be very grateful that you didn't make that extra work for yourself when you are in the middle of a move with a new baby.
I don't think baby will mind...:)

omgosh i wasn't even thinking about repainting the walls while having a baby to watch :dohh: :rofl: goes to show i'm not yet used to the idea of having a baby to watch 24/7!!! no wonder my poor DH was like "NO NO ON PAINTING WALLS" :rofl:

ooo but what about painting just one...just one wall! like an accent wall :rofl: can you guys tell i was the one who wanted to go all out and paint them in the first place?!

And any have ideas on how to 'decorate' unpainted walls? framed pictures...lots of them? the walls in this house are white, i just didn't want a dull room...even if for just a few months :blush:

You could do so much to decorate a room without painting it - hang a themed wall border around it (you can get ones that you can remove and rehang without leaving damage), framed photos/ pictures, any kind of wall hangings, name blocks etc.
Planning the nursery is such fun!! Good luck!

We're having the exact same issue as we'll be moving out of our current house in 3-4 months after the baby is born. We'll be painting just one of his walls a light blue to contrast a yellow wardrobe we made for him and really think it's worth the extra trouble since it will give as bit of extra joy in making our first baby room.

We thought that we shouldn't miss out on the experience of putting together a nursery even if it is only for a few months. Maybe only paint a wall ?

If I hated the room decor I would paint it as it will also help with making the house appealing to the next people, but I wouldn't go all out with any nursery stuff. Just make it clean and nice with cheap paint.

Id go for hanging frames and maybe some of them large wall rugs.
You could get some fibreoptic lights to brighten it up for baby, a nice colourful lampshade, ect.
For the first few weeks though, the baby cant see most colours, so in reality bubs wont be missing to much.

I wouldnt bother painting but i would get a few things like light fittings, pictures etc, that you can hang and then take down and take with you to your new place. xxx

I wouldn't bother painting either if it has to be white when u move.

How about framing some samples of baby wallpaper or covering some large plain canvas's in baby patterned paper or material

:hug:

Oh I didn't see you have repaint walls when you leave, so def not decorate! You could buy a couple of large pieces on nice cheap fabric, maybe chiffon, and pin them to the wall. Fabric is cheap!

Would you paint baby's nursery if you might be moving a few months after baby is born?

DH and i have been talking about our future nursery and wondering whether we should paint the walls or not. The thing is, DH plans on training in a different field next year March, and likely will go to a different state for training. I will either move back to family while he is away or wait the month or two for him when we will move away together.

Baby will arrive end of Dec / beginning of Jan...that means baby will only be in the nursery in this home for a few months before we move. Would it be "worth it" to paint? Also keep in mind we have to primer any painted walls white when we move out...

:muaha:

TBH, no I wouldn't paint the nursery.

You can buy some pretty nice murals and borders that can stick on the walls but not permanently.

I really wouldn't bother myself with extra work and mess and money.

You can still make the nursery appealing without painting it.Wall decorations,borders...

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->