Would you presume this was a nickname...

karlilay

Mum of 2 :)
Reaction score
I really love the name Lottie. But I'm worried people will always presume her name is Charlotte which I really don't like.

If I said Lottie to you, would you think it was a shortend name?

Probably but I would never assume to call her charlotte. I'd follow your lead with lottie

No I wouldn't assume it was a nickname. I think Lottie is a lovely stand alone name. Even if I did think a name was a nickname I would always refer to someone by it if that's how they were introduced.

I don't associate Lottie with Charlotte (because I shorten that name to Char), but I'm sure some will. I think as more people are using shorter nick-namie sounding names, fewer people will think Lottie is short for anything.

I would definitely assume it was short for Charlotte but if everyone was calling her Lottie then I would as well - I would never lengthen a name if someone was introduced by the short version! I think you'd be fine using that x

I would also assume it was a nn but would just follow your lead in what to call her. You may be asked a lot "is it short for anything" but I doubt anyone would straight out call her a different name.

Every Charlotte I know is called Charlie, so no I wouldn't. Some people have assumed Sophie is really Sophie but I only have to correct them once, it's never been an issue.

I love the name Lottie and it's on my list!

I don't think I would assume but regardless, I'd call her what you call her. If you told me it was a nickname, I would have guessed "Lieselotte" before "Charlotte" for her full name I think.

I'm a Charlotte, and people have tried to call me Lottie in the past, which I didn't like (not because I dislike it as a name, but I'm Charlotte NOT Lottie) so I would probably think it was a nickname, however if people always referred to a lo as Lottie I'm sure people would only call her that. You may just end up answering the question is that short for.....as others have pointed out.

Oh my, I hated it if anyone called me Charlie or Lottie Lol!!! They are nothing like Charlotte!!

Yes I probably would but I like the name regardless. I get it alot with having a Bella. People call her that but a few have asked if its short for Isabella. I work with a Jamie, people sometimes call him James but he is a Jamie and he hates being called James.

I wouldn't assume it was a nickname. Lovely name :)

I wouldn't assume that it was a nickname. Lottie is a wonderful name. :flower:

No, I know of 2 people with the name Lottie as a stand alone name. It's pretty :)

I would think it was a nn for Charotte (that might just be me as I'm considering naming DD Charlotte and using Lottie) but I know it's becoming popular as a name in it's own right so I wouldnt worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->