Would you walk in if someone was expecting you and the door was open?

P

Pensivedore

I had to take my mum to a family friends house earlier on, she forgot her swim suit (hot tub party) so I went and got it and took it for her.

She told me she waited outside but she wasn't there- the doors were wide open and they were all in the kitchen so I walked in said hello to my mums friend and she said "oh sorry, didn't here you knock, come in come in" but she sounded a bit like wtf if you know what I mean?

no, i would still knock, just doesnt feel right even if someone is expecting em just to walk in! x

Do you mean the door was unlocked or open? If it was open I'd walk in and chap the door on my way in but if it was shut I'd chap I think. Depends who it was as well I suppose x x

Oops just re-read. I'd just have walked in and chapped as I went in and probs shouted 'hello'

Maybe she didn't realise the door was open? Was it the door to the room they were in?

I'd knock it's just general courtesy... Even with the door open, you never know what someone is doing.

It depends who it is, if it's my best friends I just stroll in haha

Different people have different expectations. My (now ex) in-laws thought answering the door was a hassle and they expected family to just come on in. I usually knock at my parent's house, but if the door is unoocked and I'm expected, I will let myself in after I knock.

I don't recommend anyone walk in my house because of the dogs. My SIL tried it once and we had to rescue her from the barkers.

I tap on the door and shout hello, its just polite.
Only people I just walk in on is my parents but that mainly because I like to make them jump :)

I think I'd still knock on the open door & if no one answered I'd walk in. :flower:

If I was expected, I'd probably step inside but still knock and shout 'hello', just in case. I wouldn't consider it rude if somebody just walked into my house though because I'm used to it! My family and friends tend to give a quick courtesy knock as they open the door and waltz in ;p x

I don't knock for my best friend or my mil and they don't have to knock for me either. But anyone else I'd always knock.

It depends how close i was to the people x

I would always knock. I'd just feel awkward in case they were doing something they didn't want me to see, haha!

depends on who it was really but i would propably shout COOIE!!! lol

I knocks unless I'm going to my sisters or dads house I just walk in then. But friends of mine just do a quick knock on the door and walk in. X

Oh and my family we all just walk in, my nana, auntie, mum, his mum, sister, gran, us.

If it was anyone else I would knock and wait, even ida the door was open.

Id have knocked and knocked again, and if nobody came i would have left the swimsuit at the door and txt my mum to let her know. I hate walking into peoples houses even though i let everyone walk into mine :wacko:

I normally just call out hellooo and walk in if its family close friends.

I would knock as I walk in...bit pointless but want them to know I'm coming so I don't give them a shock LOL

It depends on who it is.

For my parents I do just walk in though I have to be careful anyway so I don't let the dog out! I do it for DH's parents too though I do shout when I walk in (I go on my own since DH is still away).

For friends I generally tend to knock.

I let people just walk into my house... though my door is rarely open!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->