Wow.... just, um, wow...

I'm in the middle of potty training and it isn't fun!, when he wants to go you have on average 10 seconds to get the loo/potty out. I must admit i would get the potty out if really needed to, but i would be a whole lot more discreet about it!. He would not be sitting naked on a chair that's for sure!. A quick 10 second wee can be over and done with in seconds, especially if you use one of those portable potty's with the bags, nobody need no. But as luck will have it i haven't had to do this yet!

Wow so many things wrong with this.

Awful parents.
Disgusting thing to do in a restaurant.
Picture should have never been taken.

If they were in my restaurant, they would have been thrown so far out the door they'd have never come back. That is revolting. The parents should be ashamed for allowing this situation, and photo, to go viral. Idiots.

Wow. Mostly all I can see is that that article is written by someone whose vocabulary is so limited they resort to swearing every second word. Comes across as a very intelligent person :wacko:

On another note, the issue IMO is not that the child is naked or that they're doing their business at the table (because lets face it... how many of us HAVEN'T experienced our baby/toddler dropping a stink at a dinner table, clothed or not :shrug:) but that someone took a photo of another persons child, NAKED, and put it on the internet!!! If I was that childs parent I'd blow my top just about

Wow so many things wrong with this.

Awful parents.
Disgusting thing to do in a restaurant.
Picture should have never been taken.

If they were in my restaurant, they would have been thrown so far out the door they'd have never come back. That is revolting. The parents should be ashamed for allowing this situation, and photo, to go viral. Idiots.

It is virtually the same thing as any baby/toddler doing their business in a nappy at the dinner table :dohh: Something you simply cannot avoid. Unfortunately kids don't stop doing their bodily functions just because you're eating/in a car/on a bus/in the middle of town :shrug:

Its easy to judge but for all we know those kids have some kind of problem. maybe they have incredible bad nappy rash but cant control their bowels yet.

It is virtually the same thing as any baby/toddler doing their business in a nappy at the dinner table :dohh: Something you simply cannot avoid.

Unfortunately kids don't stop doing their bodily functions just because you're eating/in a car/on a bus/in the middle of town :shrug:

Not quite, in my opinion.

A nappy is discrete & acceptable, that photograph & method of using the 'bathroom' is not.

:lol: fair enough but it's still the same thing. Whether they're doing it in a nappy or a potty or whatever they're still doing it.

Though I do agree that there are more discreet ways to let your child sit on a potty at the dinner table :lol:

I really dont see a poo in a nappy the same at all as a child who is old enough to use a potty sitting naked on one in the middle of a public restaurant. Also, Em spends a lot of time naked but in our house/ garden, not in a public place. I really don't think it is appropriate to sit your child naked in a restaurant.

I agree completely with Indy and Lara. KV when you are changing your childs nappy - its usually in the state on an emergency, hence the pitstop in the park.

I have changed the kids nappy in a similar place in a park and its not slap bang in the picnic area, nor is it at the bottom of the slide. Its in a relatively discreet place that can but can't be seen.

Not butt naked in the middle of a restaurant. I've potty trained both of mine and while its hard work, its not that hard to take them to the toilet when in a restaurant. When they were in the 'immediate' toiler stages, we always made sure we were sat as close as possible to the toilet to avoid accidents.

Too me there is no excuse to do what that mother did. There are other alternatives that she could have done out of respect to her children, herself and the other diners.

And yes, while I would be furious that someone felt they had/have the right to take photos of my children. Its obvious that the photographer have done this purely to highlight the indecency of this and not for any other sinister use.

I guess the manager had never heard of a critical health code violation. Restrooms have to have a door, and one that closes automatically so it can't be accidentally left open. No porta-potties out in the lobby area!! Wow.
I have been in the restaurant business for 2 years and I wouldn't waste a second rectifying that situation, even if I had to go as far as to throw them out on their bums --- and I bet ALL of the other diners would thank me.

And whoever wrote that article..wow. That was awful

Just looking at the basic act that's happening, ignoring the fact its in a restaurant and the pic was taken. You teach your children manners, wash your hands before food, manners at the table etc, those poor children wont know right from wrong, i just cant get my head around how she thinks this is acceptable behaviour.

IMO it is not at all the same as a child in nappies, when they are in nappies you are constantly looking out for signs that they have gone to the loo and as soon as they have you would change them in a baby changing room, you wouldn't just plonk them on the table and do it there and then.

The fact that they are not in nappies means they are being potty trained and so they should have been trained that if they needed to go they go to a loo. Of course everyone has moment when your out you may take your lo in a discreet bush that's just life you don't do it right in the middle of the path etc.

One of the comments "is this up there with breastfeeding in a restaurant"
:growlmad:
Totally with KV.

the mother is just asking for peodophiles here.. why on earth would you let your child be naked in such a public place. the mother gets all the blame for this..

My little boy has a fear of public toilets so taking him to use the toilets in a restaurant etc is a pretty hard task :-( BUT I would never sit him at the table on his potty completely naked for the whole place to see :shock: maybe the child has the same fear & the mum thought this was the only option to avoid an accident :shrug: I wouldnt have chosen this route personally (i have to just pick F up & just take him before he realises whats happening, doesnt always work though)
As for the person taking the photo, I dont automatically think paedophile but I dont think it is right they have taken a photo of a child that isnt theirs & posted it on the internet - naked or not.

*shudders*

There is so much wrong with this, I would certainly not toilet train at a dinner table in public or not, nor would I let my child sit in restaurant naked, but if I was the idiot that did that, then hmmmmmm I would be furious and calling for the blood of the person who took the pic, but at the same time you are leaving yourself open for having a table pooping butt naked child in the middle of a very public area :shrug:

We live in a world where people are MORE outraged about the photo being taken than the utter total lack of respect for the other diners who really didn't expect to pay for their meal with an added side of a mid-meal poo for entertainment. That says a lot really.

The world does not stop rotating because you have a child, other people's rights to a decent, hygenic, intrusion-free meal don't vanish because you have a child, the restaurant's rights to not have environmental health all over their ass and their custom leave because of this don't vanish because you have a child.

I imagine whoever took the photo was so shocked at what was going on and felt, like lots of people do, that you're right-less up against someone with a child who'll just go ballistic on you if you point out that "hang on - that's really not on" that they did the only thing they felt they could do to convey how utterly disgusting the behaviour was - hopefully the public reaction gets the message across for anyone else wanting a bit of between course potty training as well.

I found the sentence

"Conversely, when your kid potty-trains early, you glow with a secret pride as you tell other parents, knowing that their little mongoloids are still rocking Pampers",

particularly pleasant to read.

Agree with others that the baby shouldn't be on a potty in the restaurant, but the whole photo, article, yadda yadda isn't in the best possible taste either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->