WoW moms

lauren10

1 DD, 1 angel & pregnant!
Reaction score
I'm going to let my true geek within shine through, and hope I'm not the only one...who is still playing WoW after kids? :)

im not but my DH plays it all the time lol

Geez, when do you get the time?

I was never into WoW (too scared to go there because I know how easily I get hooked on things) but I'm a massive games geek other than that - have video game tattoos and everything.

I haven't looked at a console or game since 3rd tri!

Geez, when do you get the time?

I was never into WoW (too scared to go there because I know how easily I get hooked on things) but I'm a massive games geek other than that - have video game tattoos and everything.

I haven't looked at a console or game since 3rd tri!

I play when she naps sometimes and after she goes to bed...and hubby and i play together :p

it's super addictive! I'm sure after our next one, wow will have to go away

:hi: Another WoW mom here!!! I haven't played in about a month now, because I haven't had the time.

I'm not as active as I was, but I play a bit if he is napping or in the evening.
Not been on for a few weeks though

Mine doesn't nap for long enough to get the kettle on, never mind switch on a computer and get a game going :wacko:

I'm kind of glad though - I wasted an awful lot of my life staring at a game and while I do miss playing, I'm not sure if it's the games I miss or the freedom to play them, iykwim?

I used to play but stopped well before LO, not because of her just because it took up too much of my time & I got tired of the politics involved with raiding/guilds.

I've been missing it a little bit lately though & have thought about going back but with Ella here now I'm not sure I want to take that time away from her.

I haven't had the time to play lately. It was easier when he was little because I could play while BFing. Now he doesn't let me.

i guess my LO sleeps a lot because i still have time to play! maybe i should be doing more laundry instead or something.

i guess my LO sleeps a lot because i still have time to play! maybe i should be doing more laundry instead or something.

Well, I work full time, so I'd only be able to play in the evening after work and after he's asleep and that's not usually until after 9pm :cry:

Well, I work full time, so I'd only be able to play in the evening after work and after he's asleep and that's not usually until after 9pm :cry:

Oh yeah, I'm not working right now...lol...that probably has a lot to do with it. I go back soon though...so my party's over!

I dont play WoW as i refuse to pay monthly for a video game.

instead i play Perfect World International. just as good. and its free to play.

Oh yeah, I'm not working right now...lol...that probably has a lot to do with it. I go back soon though...so my party's over!

Laundry schmaundry!

Enjoy the time while you can.

I work when I can (when Joe's grandparents or other assorted extended family members babysit - ie lots of days, bad mummy me) but while he's here I've barely got a chance to go to the toilet and have a piece of toast occasionally - he's too nosey for sleep, and once he's gone to bed at night I just want to crash out and read a book or watch some rubbish tv, I haven't got the energy required to concentrate on a game.. not to mention that I'd probably get totally carried away and stay up til 5am, so it's safer just not to go there at all.

I've never heard of it...I'll have to check it out. I got into wow because my husband has been playing since it came out, and if you can't beat em, join em.

Laundry schmaundry!

Enjoy the time while you can.

I work when I can (when Joe's grandparents or other assorted extended family members babysit - ie lots of days, bad mummy me) but while he's here I've barely got a chance to go to the toilet and have a piece of toast occasionally - he's too nosey for sleep, and once he's gone to bed at night I just want to crash out and read a book or watch some rubbish tv, I haven't got the energy required to concentrate on a game.. not to mention that I'd probably get totally carried away and stay up til 5am, so it's safer just not to go there at all.

understood...! I can put it down pretty easy because my bedtime is strictly 10pm. haha

I used to play WoW but I've found Rift recently, which I like a lot better. I was way into WoW before, though. I would raid with my guild, had a lvl 85 dps death knight (used to tank but have found it a lot less fun with recent game developments). Rift is everything WoW wants to be and more. I never thought I would say that, though.

Beyond that, I've been playing LA Noire like a fiend when LO is taking her naps. It's an incredible game. Has a real Heavy Rain/Indigo Prophecy feel to it but is a little more interactive than Quantic Dream's stuff. Not that I don't absolutely love Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy.

And now I've geeked out...

:haha:

I understand why Blizzard charges to play, like other game companies. It takes a LOT of time and resources to upkeep a game that has millions of players like WoW. I can imagine that GMs get tons of private messages on an hourly basis; they have to be paid just like everyone else. Plus, developers are constantly adding new content.

That being said, there are some good free MMOs now. Developers are actually starting to gear more towards making games that have completely free and fun playable content (Dungeons and Dragons Online is like this). However, if you want other features, you can pay for them on an at will basis. Certain gear and equipment might cost like five dollars or something, but it's not a recurring fee.

I understand why Blizzard charges to play, like other game companies. It takes a LOT of time and resources to upkeep a game that has millions of players like WoW. I can imagine that GMs get tons of private messages on an hourly basis; they have to be paid just like everyone else. Plus, developers are constantly adding new content.

That being said, there are some good free MMOs now. Developers are actually starting to gear more towards making games that have completely free and fun playable content (Dungeons and Dragons Online is like this). However, if you want other features, you can pay for them on an at will basis. Certain gear and equipment might cost like five dollars or something, but it's not a recurring fee.

i dont agree. yes it took a lot of time to develop and constantly be worked on. but the fact that they charge to buy the game and then to also play ti is rediculous to me. But then again i wasnt really much of an rpg gamer, i played FPS and RTS games. its only int he few years i played MMORPG's and like i said PWI is a free to play MMORP and considering the other free ones (ive played lots) its infact very much upto par with WoW. ..but free. :thumbup:

D&DO is one of the f2p games i played as well as Lord Of the Rings Online. both free 2 play. and LOTRO is a million times better then D&DO and PWI like i said is much better then both. free to play games continue to get better every time a new one is released.

i dont agree. yes it tooka lot of time to develope and constantly be worked on. but the fact that they charge to buy the game and then to also play ti is rediculous to me. But then again i wasnt really much of an rpg gamer, i played FPS and RTS games. its only int he few years i played MMORPG's and like i said PWI is a free to play MMORP and considering the other free ones (ive played lots) its infact very much upto par with WoW. ..but free. :thumbup:

I'll have to look into it. Do look into Dungeons and Dragons Online as well. It's got a different feel to it than WoW, but I enjoyed what bits I played.

FPS games make me want to tear my hair out - Hubby won't let me play them, as I get too competitive and mean. :haha: Although I do enjoy some of the zombie shooters. I'm more of an RPG, Adventure, Platform gamer myself. But I dabble in all sorts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->