WoW moms

I dont play WoW as i refuse to pay monthly for a video game.

instead i play Perfect World International. just as good. and its free to play.

I understand why Blizzard charges to play, like other game companies. It takes a LOT of time and resources to upkeep a game that has millions of players like WoW. I can imagine that GMs get tons of private messages on an hourly basis; they have to be paid just like everyone else. Plus, developers are constantly adding new content.

That being said, there are some good free MMOs now. Developers are actually starting to gear more towards making games that have completely free and fun playable content (Dungeons and Dragons Online is like this). However, if you want other features, you can pay for them on an at will basis. Certain gear and equipment might cost like five dollars or something, but it's not a recurring fee.

i dont agree. yes it tooka lot of time to develope and constantly be worked on. but the fact that they charge to buy the game and then to also play ti is rediculous to me. But then again i wasnt really much of an rpg gamer, i played FPS and RTS games. its only int he few years i played MMORPG's and like i said PWI is a free to play MMORP and considering the other free ones (ive played lots) its infact very much upto par with WoW. ..but free. :thumbup:

I'll have to look into it. Do look into Dungeons and Dragons Online as well. It's got a different feel to it than WoW, but I enjoyed what bits I played.

FPS games make me want to tear my hair out - Hubby won't let me play them, as I get too competitive and mean. :haha: Although I do enjoy some of the zombie shooters. I'm more of an RPG, Adventure, Platform gamer myself. But I dabble in all sorts.

i did actually mention dungeons and dragons online (D&DO) and although i liked it, i moved onto LOTRO and liked that more and then onto PWI which really is upto par. I have played WoW (on a private server) and it was good but private serves dont have the resources to have decent play time. PWI doesnt have that problem.

I understand why Blizzard charges to play, like other game companies. It takes a LOT of time and resources to upkeep a game that has millions of players like WoW. I can imagine that GMs get tons of private messages on an hourly basis; they have to be paid just like everyone else. Plus, developers are constantly adding new content.

That being said, there are some good free MMOs now. Developers are actually starting to gear more towards making games that have completely free and fun playable content (Dungeons and Dragons Online is like this). However, if you want other features, you can pay for them on an at will basis. Certain gear and equipment might cost like five dollars or something, but it's not a recurring fee.

i dont agree. yes it tooka lot of time to develope and constantly be worked on. but the fact that they charge to buy the game and then to also play ti is rediculous to me. But then again i wasnt really much of an rpg gamer, i played FPS and RTS games. its only int he few years i played MMORPG's and like i said PWI is a free to play MMORP and considering the other free ones (ive played lots) its infact very much upto par with WoW. ..but free. :thumbup:

I'll have to look into it. Do look into Dungeons and Dragons Online as well. It's got a different feel to it than WoW, but I enjoyed what bits I played.

FPS games make me want to tear my hair out - Hubby won't let me play them, as I get too competitive and mean. :haha: Although I do enjoy some of the zombie shooters. I'm more of an RPG, Adventure, Platform gamer myself. But I dabble in all sorts.

i did actually mention dungeons and dragons online (D&DO) and although i liked it, i moved onto LOTRO and liked that more and then onto PWI which really is upto par. I have played WoW (on a private server) and it was good but private serves dont have the resources to have decent play time. PWI doesnt have that problem.

Sorry I totally missed that. I'm having a sleepy day today. :coffee: I played a little bit of LOTRO as well. I don't know why, it just kind of felt like leveling in it dragged a bit for me. I thought it was graphically gorgeous, though.

Sorry I totally missed that. I'm having a sleepy day today. :coffee: I played a little bit of LOTRO as well. I don't know why, it just kind of felt like leveling in it dragged a bit for me. I thought it was graphically gorgeous, though.

np! and i agree it was tiresome, though the crafting aspect of it was very clever and i quite enjoyed that.

BUt if you loved the graphics in LOTRO i will say the graphics for PWI is so so so much better, its breathtaking!

https://register.perfectworld.com/pwiad9

and the other thing i like about it is that each "faction" (guild) can actually go to war against each to claim territory (areas of the map) and they get rewards for it.

I played WoW for the last five years and been the guild leader of a successful raiding guild for most of that time. It was doable with one child but with two I just don't have the time. Nowadays my evenings are taken up with working or planning home education stuff. Hubby and I finally quit in January, tried Rift for a while and now I don't game at all. Recently I missed WoW so I reactivated my account this month, but I've hardly played as the game is really going downhill in my opinion. :( I've almost finished the new goblin areas and will probably try out the new Alliance starting areas before I quit again (forever this time!).

I tried the free games and didn't like them. I do play a number of free games on my ipod now and you can 'pay' for better things and I don't feel they are worth paying for, but I don't mind paying for WoW. I went into it knowing there was a monthly fee, so if I don't like it, then I'd stop playing/paying.

I expect I'll be putting my WoW account on hold when Diablo comes out though. I love Diablo!

Wait I might have time to play when the baby's born? My guild is already in mourning and we've still got 20 weeks to go before they lose a raid healer.

I wish I still could but our router blocked it 2 years ago and I havnt been able to get on it since, I realy miss it :(
Hopfully now we have moved and when we get the internet sorted im going back to it but I dont want to raid anymore like I used to, I just want to fish and fly my dragon :)

i dont agree. yes it took a lot of time to develop and constantly be worked on. but the fact that they charge to buy the game and then to also play ti is rediculous to me. But then again i wasnt really much of an rpg gamer, i played FPS and RTS games. its only int he few years i played MMORPG's and like i said PWI is a free to play MMORP and considering the other free ones (ive played lots) its infact very much upto par with WoW. ..but free. :thumbup:

D&DO is one of the f2p games i played as well as Lord Of the Rings Online. both free 2 play. and LOTRO is a million times better then D&DO and PWI like i said is much better then both. free to play games continue to get better every time a new one is released.

You pay for the convieniance of having a disk to install faster, you can get WOW free to download and install if you have days to wait for the download :)
So paying for a disk is optional and you pay for a monthly charge as the running, servers, admin, paying staff and such runs into the millions.

Turning LOTR free as an optional was a good idea but its actualy very limited compared to the paid accounts.

i dont agree. yes it took a lot of time to develop and constantly be worked on. but the fact that they charge to buy the game and then to also play ti is rediculous to me. But then again i wasnt really much of an rpg gamer, i played FPS and RTS games. its only int he few years i played MMORPG's and like i said PWI is a free to play MMORP and considering the other free ones (ive played lots) its infact very much upto par with WoW. ..but free. :thumbup:

D&DO is one of the f2p games i played as well as Lord Of the Rings Online. both free 2 play. and LOTRO is a million times better then D&DO and PWI like i said is much better then both. free to play games continue to get better every time a new one is released.

You pay for the convieniance of having a disk to install faster, you can get WOW free to download and install if you have days to wait for the download :)
So paying for a disk is optional and you pay for a monthly charge as the running, servers, admin, paying staff and such runs into the millions.

Turning LOTR free as an optional was a good idea but its actualy very limited compared to the paid accounts.

honestly im not bothered about the download time, I have a high speed internet connection...and even if i didnt i would just let it download overnight while i slept!

even with the doanload speed aside PWI I think, is very much upto par with WoW. I got annoyed with all the idiot kids playing WoW, screaming into mics, flooding chat with annoying messages. It used tobe a good game. thankfully they havent found PWI (yet!)

PW just came out with a new one as well Forsaken World I think its called, havent tried it but it got some great reviews.

honestly im not bothered about the download time, I have a high speed internet connection...and even if i didnt i would just let it download overnight while i slept!

even with the doanload speed aside PWI I think, is very much upto par with WoW. I got annoyed with all the idiot kids playing WoW, screaming into mics, flooding chat with annoying messages. It used tobe a good game. thankfully they havent found PWI (yet!)

PW just came out with a new one as well Forsaken World I think its called, havent tried it but it got some great reviews.

I remember when I first played LOTRO (we where part of the beta testing so we played it from the start) thinking how refreshing it was to not have gold spammers filling the chat and annoying people jumping about in front of you all the time.
I played it agin for a little bit back last year and still no gold spammers :)

I remember when I first played LOTRO (we where part of the beta testing so we played it from the start) thinking how refreshing it was to not have gold spammers filling the chat and annoying people jumping about in front of you all the time.
I played it agin for a little bit back last year and still no gold spammers :)

yes thats one of the reasons i enjoyed it along with the crafting, i just got bored of the missions being a little too repetative, and the lack of PVP. hence the switch to PWI

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->