WOW... Where do I begin

RacyRaspberry

Mother of one, DS 19
Reaction score
I havent been on here for so long, its been a long journey but at long last now I hope i will get some progress.

Quick recap: Two years ago this month we had a MMC at 11wks, after 6 months of TTC.

Since then we have been TTC and asking the good old NHS to help, I was 40 at the time and all they were prepared to do was a vaginal scan, basic bloods for thyroid, diabetes and liver function. They testd DH sperm count with was good and my day 21 + FSH.
Somehow which i wont go into because its a very long story they messed up my day 21 bloods but said as long as i was getting a line on my OPK then there was no problem.... OH HOW WRONG THEY WERE... :cry:

Eventually we were told because of my age there was nothing else they could do for us apart from forward our results onto a private clinic...
So the last month or two we have been seeing a great consultant. He tested the following

AMH= 26.6 (Fantastic for my age)
FSH= Very Good
Hysterealpingogram= All clear on remaining tube (lost other eptopic 20 years ago)
Progesterone Day 19+21= 23.4 (Basically poo) LOL

So we could have saved soooooo much time if we had known that before.
Anyway I start clomid 100mg as soon as AF arrives (2nd day), scan on day 10th day and then ovitrelle releasing injection as soon as they give me the nod!

Would love to hear from any one else in the same boat or any success storys.
Consultant said that he will send me an appointment for a three month follow up, but he is expecting i wont be needing it :happydance:

Here's hoping

Hi Hun . Lovely to see you again . We both had a loss two years ago and posted on the same thread :thumbup:. I'm glad you have some answers Hun and although I'm not ttc anymore I'm here to support you in whatever way I can my lovely :hugs:

Glad that you are now moving on with your journey. The NHS were okay with us - got all the necessary tests done but they in general were a bit like - you 2 are old so what do you want us to do.....

Anyway - so glad that you have much better consultant now - fingers crossed! :happydance:

RacyRaspberry, so the problem was that you did not ovulate or that your progesterone levels were just too low to support the pregnancy? Could I ask if you were temping and had a temp rise as well as positive OPK every month? I am asking because I was sure that getting +OPK followed by a temp rise means you ovulate but apparently some ladies reported unovulatory cycles based on their progesterone blood test even after they had +OPK and temp rise. this is very confusing

btw, fantastic AMH results! congratulations.

RacyRaspberry, so the problem was that you did not ovulate or that your progesterone levels were just too low to support the pregnancy? Could I ask if you were temping and had a temp rise as well as positive OPK every month? I am asking because I was sure that getting +OPK followed by a temp rise means you ovulate but apparently some ladies reported unovulatory cycles based on their progesterone blood test even after they had +OPK and temp rise. this is very confusing

btw, fantastic AMH results! congratulations.

I always thought i was ovulating, i had a line on the OPK stick but it was never as strong as the test line. I used to chart but the line could never figure out where my ovulation occurred, my temp was all over the place, not majorly but I think that was down more to my inconsistent waking times due to my work.
I gave up on charting a wee sticks and tried saliva microscope, this confused me even more because to me it looked like i was ferning all the time, but i think now in hindsight this was the problem, because with low progesterone estrogen takes over and that is what the ferning is caused by, if that make any sense. If haven't tested ovulation since i started seeing the consultant.
I agree it is all very confusing, I always had what i thought were cramps about the right time. In summary I think all the test we use detect the right chemicals and body changes to prepare for ovulation, but the only sure way to tell if ovulation occured is a blood test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->