wrapping Santa gifts

I am so lazy with wrapping and I worry about how small our recycling bin is lol

It's funny how different we all are. Santa never wrapped gifts when I was growing up and still doesn't for my Ds (now 6) - although my sister decided that Santa always wraps in her house. I look forward to the first Christmas that Ds creeps down and plays with his toys before bursting in and waking me up to tell me what he got, after all those are gifts from Santa, not me. I always have a wrapped gift from me under the tree which he opens later when I hand it to him. My sister on the other hand feels that she's gone to all the effort of buying the gifts so why should she miss out on seeing them opened.

I wrap all the presents that i dont build. (Last year built fire station, dollhouse and farm) this year i will hide the built things as found all they wanted to do was play with them and didnt want to open anything really.
id be so gutted if the kids did sneak downstairs and play with all the toys before i got there, think id actually cry tbh.

Just realised i never even answered the question. So yes i wrap pretty much everything, but for example DD is getting a scooter, this will be built for her and so will her wooden market stall. I could also unbox all the things i bought to go with the market stall (pretend foods, kitchen accessories, till etc) but i wont as shed have so little to open if i did that.

For me it isn't so much about the effort I went to, but that look on their face when they first see them. That's what it's all about, and when it's all wrapped you get that again and again. I've got some fantastic pictures of DS3s face last year as he tore the paper away and saw his imaginext batbot.
I love hearing how everyone does things differently and why. Sometimes you find yourself thinking "well yeah, actually that does make sense"

Growing up everything was wrapped, except if it was a bike or something it wouldn't be.
I do the same, wrap everything but things like bikes, scooters, will be set up and next to the wrapped presents.
This year i only have one present to set up and thats youngests wooden rocket. oh no make that two he has a scooter aswell!

I've no experience with wrapped Santa gifts so I'm excited to see how different it feels this year vs. my childhood of having Santa unwrapped and leaving dd's Santa unwrapped the last 2 years. I wonder if she'll notice the difference between this year and last year? (She'll be 3 yr 7 mth at Christmas) Surely she won't??

And love hearing how everyone does it. I've taken all the good advice here and have already taken a couple things out of their boxes and got them ready to play with and put them back. I have 3 gifts that I will put together and not put back in boxes as they won't fit! But I bought 3 of those big gift bags they have for bikes and the items I have will easily fit in those. Getting really excited ladies!!

I just had this convo with my mum and sister.

Now dd1 is old enough to understand Santa we have been getting our stories straight lol. As kids, Santa bought everything and it varied on what was wrapped or not. Mum used random paper so the fun was reading the labels and sorting out piles Christmas morning....

For me, I like using the same paper for presents so Dd1 has her own paper and so does DD2. They have personalised sacks and stockings plus bigger presents. I think we have decided Santa will bring one or two presents (what they ask him for when we visit him or whatever they continually ask for) then everything else is from us, nanny, grandad etc.

Now I'm undecided on how to wrap. Dd1 has asked for a remote control fire engine and DD2 an orange lmao (she's getting a bike). So I'm thinking Santa can deliver these unwrapped with stockings under the fireplace and then all the rest gets wrapped by us under the tree or in their sack which is in their bedroom!

Wow I really do overthink these things lol

I wrap everything unless it's really big and awkward and I want It put together (like a cozy coupe truck year before last) and even then I put it under a tablecloth/sheet or something. My daughter also still comes to get me to snuggle early mornings a lot.. so I plan on sneaking into bed with her in early morning so she can't get up without me until she starts kicking me out :haha:

I've no experience with wrapped Santa gifts so I'm excited to see how different it feels this year vs. my childhood of having Santa unwrapped and leaving dd's Santa unwrapped the last 2 years. I wonder if she'll notice the difference between this year and last year? (She'll be 3 yr 7 mth at Christmas) Surely she won't??

And love hearing how everyone does it. I've taken all the good advice here and have already taken a couple things out of their boxes and got them ready to play with and put them back. I have 3 gifts that I will put together and not put back in boxes as they won't fit! But I bought 3 of those big gift bags they have for bikes and the items I have will easily fit in those. Getting really excited ladies!!

I'm sure she won't notice the difference but if she does you could say something like you sent the elves a note asking them to wrap her presents to make it even more exciting. I'm sure she'd believe that

We do everything wrapped, even if I build a bike etc I still wrap it!!!

I (or should I say the elves) also completely wrap the door way (leaving the door wide open) to the living room, which stops any snooping before they've been in to wake us! Then when we are all ready, the boys literally jump through the wrapping paper in the doorway to see the waiting pile of presents under the tree, it's magical every single time!

I wrap, I love wrapping. When my son was 3 months old I wrapped all his tiny stocking presents for the fun of it. I have nowhere near enough time now they're older so will just wrap the main gifts. I'm actually getting excited at the thought of wrapping, lol.

I wrap everything within reason. Stocking stuff is unwrapped as that's how I grew up! And if something is ridiculous to wrap (like the trampoline we bought and put together--a small one but still!) I don't wrap it :lol: I don't label the gifts but I have one boy and one girl so it's easy to use different paper for them. I also don't label Santa gifts as I personally remember that that's how I found out about Santa (my sister labeled something wrong and then I asked 1000 questions until she told me the truth!). Santa paper is different from our other gifts and I leave them in piles in front of the tree. The other gifts go under. We tend to do stockings and open Santa gifts while breakfast is cooking and after we eat we open all other gifts. Makes it last a bit longer that way :)

I (or should I say the elves) also completely wrap the door way (leaving the door wide open) to the living room, which stops any snooping before they've been in to wake us! Then when we are all ready, the boys literally jump through the wrapping paper in the doorway to see the waiting pile of presents under the tree, it's magical every single time!

That sounds awesome!

That is an amazing idea! I love it:)

I saw the door wrapping thing on Pinterest last year, looks amazing! I'm so bad at just popping back in to check everything I'm not sure I could cope with let alone the kids!!

I wrapped my door last year as someone on here had suggested it. DD was only 2 last year and didn't really understand anything going on and just got overwhelmed. The door was cute though. A fun idea for when she's a bit older.

Ds gets his stocking and one present from santa. We wrap everything!!! If it has to be pre built then we wrap paper round it once built!!
Santas presents are wrapped in traditional parcel paper with a bow and always looks magical. The rest from us are in same wrapping paper (this year paw patrol paper) and adults get own grown up paper . Any presents I wrap for others for ds (inlaws live abroad so order something straight to ours) will get different paper.
It makes it easier to distiguish between whos gifts they are and who they are from etc..

I love building it all in the morning and like a pp we also make up a lil tool set the night before with batteries, screwdrivers, scissors. And of course bin liner for all the wrapping paper :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->