Wrists

Layla

Reaction score
Hi guys

At the mo im suffering from painful wrists at night, they ache so much that it wakes me up and altho they dont look swollen, my fingers feel like they are huge! after an hour of being awake my hands and wrists feel ok again.

I know its prob that carpol tunnel thing, i had it mildly on Coby so didnt need anything for it, but this time round its stopping me from sleeping.

Im not due to see my midwife for a couple of weeks, so im not sure wether to stick it out till then or make an eariler appointment, do you know if there is anything i can do to ease it? im not really sure what the midwifes can do about it.

Thanks

x

Hi Layla i dont know what u can do to ease it sorry, but can u not just ring your midwife up and speak to her? or do u have to have an app?
xx

I think i can ring her, i just dont like doing it, i feel like such a pain when i contact them before im meant to

going to do some googling, see what i can find out, i know nothing about it really

x

Don't scare yourself with Google Layla!
My mum had this a couple of years ago, it came from all the jobs she has had using her wrists, barmaid then candleing eggs, all the twisty turny movements.
It got to the stage where she couldn't pick kettle up properly etc.... and ended up having to have an op( don't want to freak you hun)

I think best thing to do is contact GP/MW as soon as and maybe they could get you on anti inflammitries or something to try and ease it.

It used to take my mum a while for them to get going in the morning

Have you thought of trying one of the magnetic braclets that were in the catalogue they might ease the pain and reduce the swelling.

go see your GP layla, they should be able to help you out more than your MW in this case i would think

good luck, sore wrists are a nuisance

xxx

hey hun, id go to gp as ull need a referral to physio and this can take a few weeks, i have it bad still in both wrists, which results in my hands freezing and me dropping things alot! i need to sleep with stupid splints on lol!

phoned the doc, she is phoning me back at 4.45 so i will see what she says

x

That must be so frustrating for you layla, hope the doc has some good suggestions x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->