Wrong Gender Ultrasound AGAIN?!

DueJan1st2018

Reaction score
So 3 years ago I go in for a 15 week scan and am told I'm having a boy. My gut instinct said girl so much to the point where I didn't believe them and refused to call it "him" or even pick out a boys name. 5 weeks later at the comprehensive scan I was less than shocked but over the moon to be told it was a GIRL!!! She was in fact a girl. I am now 15 weeks pregnant again and feel just as strongly that I'm having a boy as I did that I was having a girl but was told at the scan today I am having a girl :nope: The scan itself was rushed and less than 5 minutes with most being hands and profile and cutesy stuff with 45 seconds of potty shots. The picture she used to confirm was confusing at best (I don't see the 3 lines) and I kept taking stills of the video we got back and I swear there is something there! I tried to look at girl names but couldn't- it just feels too wrong! I'll try to see if I can figure out how to post pictures but I would love to hear what you guys think of them!

So the first photo I'm wondering what I'm looking at and the second is her "confirming" the girl

Attachments

• IMG_5996.jpg
    IMG_5996.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_6005.jpg
    IMG_6005.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 127
And another "what the heck is that it doesn't look like a vagina" picture

Attachments

• IMG_6006.jpg
    IMG_6006.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 113
Hmmm 🤔 The first picture in particular does look like a willy! It's still early though, I don't know if you're in the uk but here private places don't usually do gender scans until 16 weeks at the earliest. Can you have another scan in a couple of weeks? Would be amazing if you were right and they were wrong again! What a story to tell :)

Just seen by your network that you're not in the uk, doh. Try again in a couple of weeks?

Just seen by your network that you're not in the uk, doh. Try again in a couple of weeks?

I have a 20 week comprehensive scan but I don't think I'll be patient enough to go over a month doubting! I might find a private scan place and try again next week just to put my mind at ease!

Personally, I wouldn't trust a 15-16 week scan. I know people get them for gender, but I also know people who've been told the wrong thing. I think just be patient and wait a few more weeks.

not sure I would say that's a girl either but I'm in no way an expert. 15 weeks is early and I wouldn't trust a gender scan that early. If I was you I would definitely be getting another scan in the next few weeks to confirm

15 weeks too early to be given a certainty of gender in my opinion.

I'd Also say that looks more boy. I had a gender scan at 15+6, this is my boy for comparison

https://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q732/nw2527/10E16592-C419-4994-AC77-8FC0645FFBAB_zps4bfwhqqn.jpg

If they know what they are looking for then 15 weeks is not too early.

Do you have Facebook? There's a great group on there called "strictly nub theory". They'll be happy to look at your pic and offer opinion. All 26 of them guessed my baby's gender from the 12 week nub.

15 weeks is too early to be told with any certainty. To avoid putting yourself through this angst you should really wait until 20 weeks when it is more obvious.

Ooo tough call. Considering it's there, not there... it could be the cord. But yeah I just don't know. One pic looks like it's floating not attached. I'd lean boy but wouldn't be betting on it. Sorry! I attached my boy's Willy at 16w3d.

Looked at your pics again I think boy but yeah so tough

Attachments

• IMG_9333.jpg
    IMG_9333.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 26
I agree with previous posters on it being a bit early, and def think another scan is needed to be truly sure.
However, what I can say is that I'm pregnant with my second boy, and the penis/nub was HEAPS more obvious in both scans at 12/13 weeks with my boys, compared to what I see in your scan pictures. In fact, it was meant to be a surprise this time, but when I saw the protruded nub looking exactly like my first sons, I knew it was a boy (which I then confirmed with our blood tests results that also tested gender).
Not that you still couldn't also be having a boy, but from my experience I'd want to be a bit more sure. You'll have to post the official results once confirmed. It will certainly be cool if you're right! :)

The first pic looks girl, with the cord floating.
The second is a bad angle, I think.

Can you post your 12-13 week pics incase theres a nub showing:)

I'm torn, second pic looks girl to me but third more boy could just be a bad angle, I'd definitely want it confirming.

I will disagree in saying 15 weeks is too early. I had my gender scan at 14w5d (15w by LMP) and she was def. a girl. I will say if you have a good tech they will take plenty of time to show and explain what you are looking at. Our tech did great and for sure knew what she was doing.

Both of my girls I was told girl at 13.5 weeks, and confirmed with both girls at 14-15 weeks. And this baby the tech knew from 13.5 weeks but I'm team yellow so have no clue which it is!

That said your pics are completely unclear and I'd ask for a rescan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->