wrong side of 40 starting ivf soon......

mandy1971

Reaction score
Evening everyone I wondered if I could start a thread for us women over 40 having IVF? I'd love to be able to share my experiences and thoughts on this difficult but not impossible(Pma) journey and also draw support from those in similar circumstances.

I am 40 my oh is 42, TTC for 3 years. Had 4 early miscarriages at 5 weeks each time all natural and a late loss at 17 weeks last July conceived on 2 nd iui.... We will be trying the flare protocol in June. I have hashimotis,which is an autoimmune underactive thyroid, a possible cause of my miscarriages and so am taking thyroxine meds for this. In view of my recurrent pregnancy losses I will also be having steroids and blood thinking injections during the treatment. My amh currently is 3.1 oh sa is normal. We have also opted tor pgs testing....
I would love to meet some people my age or round abouts and share the experience possibly learn from each other.

Hello Mandy, I am 41 and I am starting my 2nd IVF cycle this month. I would love to share this journey with you. Since I have already been through one round I can answer any questions that you may have.

Hi love, thanks for your response... I should have a period next week,cd 28 is Tuesday but my cycle s have been somewhat irregular so god knows when. Eager to get started....and see how it all pans out.. obviously very anxious about it nit working..I am on flare protocol northisterone, prostap and gonal f. Are you on a similar protocol.? In advance, all the best to you and I really hope we will both be able to share this journey with a positive end result,together ie: with a little baby.

Just wanted to say good luck, and sorry to hear you lost a little one- hope you get your rainbow baby soon.

Hi love, thanks for your response... I should have a period next week,cd 28 is Tuesday but my cycle s have been somewhat irregular so god knows when. Eager to get started....and see how it all pans out.. obviously very anxious about it nit working..I am on flare protocol northisterone, prostap and gonal f. Are you on a similar protocol.? In advance, all the best to you and I really hope we will both be able to share this journey with a positive end result,together ie: with a little baby.

Mandy my period should start this Tuesday (tomorrow). I am on an estrogen prime protocol (EPP). My meds are estrogren patch, follistim, menopur, growth hormone(to increase quality, kind of experimental)and of course ovidrel and another med to prevent ovulation, but I can't remember the name. I am not familiar with the flare protocol, i will have to research it. I start with the estrogen patch 10 days after my LH surge, so it will be sometime toward the end of the month. I hope you do not have any needle phobias, because unfortunately by the end of my first IVF cycle my stomach felt like a pin cushion. :haha::haha:

Hi love bring on the needles..... It's only the sub cutaneous needles fortunately.my period started on 6 th June last Wednesday... So I go in on Monday for my blood test to see if I can start the norhisterone contraceptive pill, then after a week or so I'll start the injections.... So it's limbo land for a little while.. How are you doing.? X

Hi Mandy, You cycle started on the 6th and mine started on the 8th. Today I am on cycle day 7 and I start using the ovulation kitt on the cd10 twice a day. Once I detect my LH surge I am suppose to start my estrogen patch 10 days later. I have to change the patch every other day until my cycle starts. Once my cyle starts I go in on cd3 for blood work and if all is good I start stim. meds. I will probably start testing for my LH surge tomorrow because my LH surge is usually around cd10-12. Mandy I noticed you had MMC and a angle that had TRI-21. I also had 2 MC and a loss at 20 weeks that had TRI-21. I pray that we are blessed with take home babies this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->