wtc/ctc confusion

21Rach

Mum & TTC
Reaction score
Heya, i've asked a similar question on here but here's this one

I am entitled to smp or whatever it is called from my job until september, now i can't work right now, and to be honest in an ideal world i'll go to college in september finish off my degree through the college and then work. If i go back to college AND work up to 16 hours i will not see my son for over 40 hours a week and that at under 1 year old is definitely not an option for me. So.. i have been told that as i am now a single mum, having left partner i am required to pay back all wtc. bit annoying! sometimes they confuse me saying i'm classed as working as have a full time job to go back to, but other times they refer to me as unemployed which am i :shrug:

So if i don't go back to work this tax year just to college/uni, will i also be required to pay back all CTC? please say no :S x

if you are still employed now (even if you're on maternity leave) i don't think you'll have to pay any back! it's just like anyone leaving a job and having to pay all working tax back.. ? i think anyway!

ok basically i rang them and what they did is when i rang to say i was no longer with partner they meant for the JOINT claim i was no longer entitled to anything as i didn't meet the criteria etc. But as my new single claim i am fine. Also when i go to complete the business degree in september will not be required to pay it back, just an overpayments from when i officially leave the company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->