WTH?! Cramping in butt???

MImom2be

Recent Mommy~6-13-13!
Reaction score
So, this started yesterday, around noon-ish, but I noticed that I get this light cramping in my butt, but only on the left side. It cramps for a few seconds and then releases.

Perhaps this is one of the most idiotic questions one can ask, but, are these a form of Braxton Hicks contractions? I'm about 27wks and 4days, so should I be experiencing anything like this?

It doesn't seem to matter if I'm sitting down or standing up/walking, it just happens, like a spazem, but if I "clench" my butt cheeks, it goes away?

I'm sorry if this is too strange, but this has never happened to me before. It feels almost like a muscle cramp, but comes and goes pretty darn regularly, I'd say every 2minutes or so?

Also, it's on the inner part of my butt, almost in the vaginal area?

Oh, I should also note, that while it is uncomfortable, and mildy painful, it is not causing me extreme pain, just mostly like a leg cramp from walking too far when you aren't used to it?

Sounds like just a normal cramp to me? Unless you have nerve issues in your back and could be mistaking the cramp from somewhere else?

I find that little cramps can often come and go (you stretch the muscle it relaxes but then cramps again etc.)

If I were you I'd try some stretches see if it goes for good.

I have gotten these in both of my pregnancies. Found out that they were actually the muscles spamsing in butt but actually caused by pelvis moving and hips re-ailiging. Some days are worse than others. Hate to break it to you but if you are like me by the last few weeks of your pregnancy, especially after baby drops, it will be a constant thing.

The best advice I got was to sit in a tennis ball and rock, My hubby laughs at me every night as I sit on the stupid ball and rock back and forth to get the muscle to loosen up. It will be a little sore at the very start because of the muscle but then as it loosens it will feel alot better. I have tennis balls stashed all over my house and even in my car!

Thank-you for the replies! My husband thought I was nuts when I told him what was going on!

Glad to hear it's normal, because honestly, I fell asleep last night in the middle of a spasm so had it been an actual issue, it would've woke me up or waited til morning ;)

I truly am glad to hear it's nothing serious! I've never experienced a braxton hicks before, nor ever made it this far along into pregnancy, so I'm sure I'll have a mass of stupid questions, just like this one!

Thanks again!

Could also be sciatic pain. I have had this earlier in pregnancy where it was shooting pains down my bum and back of thighs and I am getting it again due to baby dropping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->