WTT #2 end of 2014?

J04NN4

Mum of Felix
Reaction score
Hi all, I am happy to be back here! I have a little boy, Felix, who will be one next month, and we are hoping to TTC towards the end of next year. Anyone else?

Wtt until early-mid 2014 here. So not quite the same time but 2014 nevertheless :)

Hi Jo :hi: I was about to start the same thread, nice to find one with a familiar (virtual) face :flower:
I haven't changed my ticker yet but we are now going to be trying at the end of 2014. I had SPD bad in my pregnancy and I'm still suffering now, went to the physio last week and she's said my left hip has completely locked and as my right hip has overcompensated it is now beginning to lock too, this all means my pelvis is wonky and pressing on all the muscles down my legs. She is helping me try to relieve the pain with exercises and manipulation but she can't "fix it" and she warned me I do have a very weak pelvis. The medical definition she gave me is "blocked left sacroiliac joint". Due to this DH has asked if I'd consider waiting and give myself some time as the pain started at 8 weeks last time so I need to get myself in the best possible shape to deal with it next time.
Also I want to train to be a midwife so the plan is to do my access to midwifery course next year, have our baby end of 2014/beginning 2015 then start my midwifery degree in 2016. We also want to move but guess that will be 2020 when I graduate :haha:

Anyway that's more than enough about me and apologies for rambling on!! :dohh:

Really excited to have people to wait with :happydance: now for the wait to begin...:coffee:

Hi! Yep, were planning on TTC from Nov 2014 (will make my DD 2 years old). Being with how 2013 has been, time will fly by!! :happydance:

xx

Hi both!

Honey I did 't realise your SPD had got that bad! I had it from about 16 weeks, really suffered towards the end but other than being a bit stiff am pretty much back to normal now. And I'm still about a stone heavier than my pre pregnancy weight so I'm sure that doesn't help with the aches and pains. I absolutely stacked on the wait because I could hardly move :brat: I'd like to lose at least 2 stone before TTC, I am down 8lb in the last couple of months so FX :thumbup:

Sorry Inoue, we cross posted, hi to you too! My son will be approaching two when we start I think, his birthday is in December.

Do any of you, despite the broodiness, have moments where you think 'never again', or is it just me?!

:hi: Inoue and Reidfidleir!

Jo, I guess I didn't realise how bad my SPD was as I'd never been pregnant so had nothing to compare to, ignorance was not bliss though :haha: well done on losing 8lb! How did you do it? I think I've got about half a stone left to lose and if I remember rightly I put on just over a stone. I'm finding the weight hard to lose as I can't exercise and can't curb my chocolate cravings :dohh:

Sometimes when Freddie is being a monkey (to be polite!) I think what the hell am I thinking, how will I cope with 2!! Then again I do love the craziness but I may just be saying this as I'm currently watching him sleeping like an angel ;)

I think mainly it was weaning Felix that has helped me lose weight. We do baby led weaning so from day one he's eaten what we eat and it's made me eat SO much better. Also (and this is going to sound really weird) knitting! My diet is OK other than eating mountains of crap in the evenings in front of the telly and I've found that knitting has really helped me stop doing that :thumbup:

I think mainly it was weaning Felix that has helped me lose weight. We do baby led weaning so from day one he's eaten what we eat and it's made me eat SO much better. Also (and this is going to sound really weird) knitting! My diet is OK other than eating mountains of crap in the evenings in front of the telly and I've found that knitting has really helped me stop doing that :thumbup:

can I join girls, I will be ttc #1 end of 2014. hi jo with the knitting I tried to start this as a hobby but didn't keep it going, do you have any suggestions should start with the simple stuff first then try harder items like baby clothes? my mum knits too and she is amazing at it!

I tried to learn to knit time and time again and just couldn't get it, then bought a book called Knitty Gritty, it's like a knitting course with projects to teach you different techniques and stuff. It's ace!

Me too!! hoping mid - end 2014. I am going through a difficult situation, having just had a miscarriage and then have a mass in my uterus and the docs are stumped as to what it is... could be ectopic (in the uterus) or molar, they don't know and won't know because they can't biopsy it because they are afraid I'll bleed and need a hysterctomy!!! so they said once the mass is gone and my levels finally return to zero I have to wait 6 months! They guess 2 - 3 months for the mass to resolve so that puts me mid-end 2014!! that will put my youngest at just over 2 and my oldest at 7.

It seems so far away right now but I'm really hoping the time flies!! well not too fast because my younger son is at a great age and lots of fun!!!

Kim

Hello to you all :happydance:. Glad to see there are a few of us in the same boat! lol

Do any of you, despite the broodiness, have moments where you think 'never again', or is it just me?!

Nope, not just you. Its a massive decision if we have another one, were perfectly happy with just one, and when she has her 'moments' - I kind of re affirm that :nope:. I would however like her to have a sibling like how I grew up (I had an older brother). Its sooooooo difficult to make my mind up, I just hope my decision is more cemented by next November :haha: xx

Hello :wave: We are TTC #2 in October next year :D Good luck, will be here before we know it :D

Klsltsp, sorry to hear everything you've been through, hope you're doing OK :flower:

:hi: Zebra2023 you're right I'm sure the time all fly!!

Has anyone tried yoga?! Sorry I know that's a random question but I desperately want to lose the rest of my baby weight but I'm struggling to exercise due to problems with my hip. I wondered if yoga would be gentle but still help me get moving??

Hope everyone's having a good week :thumbup:

Never tried Yoga, but ive heard Jillian Michaels has a good dvd (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jillian-Mi...3901455&sr=8-1&keywords=jillian+michaels+yoga). I use her 30DS so not sure what its like though :wacko:.

klsltsp - Sorry to hear about your problems with m/c :(. Take time to recover. Glad you can join us for TTC end of the year :flower:

Zebra - Hello :hi:. October will be here before we know it ;)

xx

Klsltsp - wow I'm sorry to hear you're having such a rough time of it! I hope it resolves itself quickly and smoothly :hugs:

Inoue - I'm glad I'm not the only one. I always said to my OH though that once we'd committed to one, we'd committed to at least two. I never wanted an only child. We also both have quite big age gaps between us and our siblings and for various reasons feel we'd like a smaller one for our own children. I'm sure it will be fun when they're like, 5 and 7, but the toddler and newborn stage is not something I'm looking forward to :haha:

Zebra - welcome! I'm sure it will fly, particularly now we have one, no more moping around like when WTT #1. Well that's what I did anyway :haha:

Honey - I've never done yoga but swimming is great for a low impact exercise, do you get chance to do that at all? I have scoliosis and it's the only thing I've ever found to really help.

Yes I do yoga and I don't lose weight but I do stretch the muscles and helps me relax, I haven't done any in few weeks so must get the dvd out again as it really does help :)

I don't think I could deal with 2 under 2 *shudder* :haha:. I'm planning holidays and days out for next year atm, madness that we've only got a year (less for some people!) till we TTC. Then my theme parks will have to be on hold for 2015 :brat:. Anyone else got plans sorted for 2014 hols etc?

xx

Hi everyone

We're in the same boat wtt no2 till late next year, I've got about 3 stone to loose first. Our DD will be nearly 3. When I was pregnant with my lo I suffered badly with hyperemisis, in and out of hospital so trying to prepare myself incase that happens again!.

Hope everyone's good and the time will come before we know it.

Thanks for all the replies :flower:
Inoue, I didn't realise Jillian Michaels did yoga! I used to do her 30 day shred before I got pregnant and then tried earlier this week to do it but definitely not at that level yet!! I've looked up her yoga on YouTube and will definitely be giving it a go :thumbup:
Jo, I've just got back in to swimming and do find it amazing, the water eases the pain so much it's such a relief! Sorry to hear you suffer from scoliosis. I'm definitely going to make time to go swimming, just had to get a swimming costume as I'm no longer comfortable wearing a bikini :blush:
Missn8, thank you, I think I really need to stretch my muscles and relax before doing pure cardio workout so it's nice to know yoga can help with this.

I don't think I could deal with 2 under 2 *shudder* :haha:. I'm planning holidays and days out for next year atm, madness that we've only got a year (less for some people!) till we TTC. Then my theme parks will have to be on hold for 2015 :brat:. Anyone else got plans sorted for 2014 hols etc?

xx

Up until last month we wanted 2 under 2...now I wonder what the world was I thinking, and even more what was DH thinking, took me a while to persuade him to TTC for #1 now suddenly he's all about kids :haha: we have no holiday plans as I will be doing my access course but I'd like to do days out like the farm, aquariums etc ... For DS obviously :winkwink::haha:

Welcome Lucy2010 :hi: sorry to hear you suffered with hyperemisis (sp?), I had all day sickness on and off through my whole pregnancy and that was bad enough, can't even imagine what you went through :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->