WTT and passing the time

TNT13

Reaction score
Hey ladies! DH and I are WTT till mid/late 2014 and it seems like so far away!! 322 days to be exact, but whose counting lol. What are all you ladies doing to pass the time till you get to your TTC date? DH and I both work full time and are taking a few classes this semester. I have my degree to finish up, DH on the other hand is just "broadening his mind" lol We recently moved into a bigger condo which we ADORE, it literally has everything we could ever want (washer/dryer on the way...tick tock) ! When we moved in the spare room just got filled with clutter. came home from school to find DH actually cleaning and organizing the room!! He is a typical male that does things last minute, if at all, so that really melted my heart! I'm the typical overly emotional female that wants to throw all reason out the window and TTC this very second while DH is logical and keeps me grounded. We've discussed names before, after i've initiated it. He doesn't do much "baby talk" so when I saw him organizing and making room in the "baby room" it really hit me!

Anywhoo, here I am yappin away! What are all you fine ladies doing to pass the time??

Congrats on a (sort of!) date, it's so exciting isn't it?

Me and OH have said we will try to wait until we have moved into a new place, which should be Feb/March time of next year. We are much the same as you, I want to start right now, and OH has to keep me grounded! I'm not sure if we will manage to wait that long though, as secretly I think he wants it as much as me :happydance:

We both work full time (for the same company) and in our spare time we like to keep active: I run most evenings and we also play badminton once or twice a week, plus I have my horse to keep me busy.

I am usually the one who brings up the topic of all things baby, however he likes talking about it too and will occasionally randomly text me with names he's thought of that he likes :)

Thats awesome! DH is pretty dead set on waiting :( I'm just starting back on my birth control after a miscarriage earlier this year (it was nice to not worry about taking pills) and we've been using condoms in the meanwhile, but only when it's time for the grande finale, so i'm secretly hoping that we get an oopse lol jk....kinda. DH is a bit of a cheesy romantic (when we wants to be) and thinks it will be so cool right before we BD to say "lets make a baby" lol but the actualy waiting is what kills me! It's like a year away :(

im learning to knit so i can make things for the LO - i have until sometime in 2014 to wait (i cant get DH to agree on a date except 2014) but im knitting and once i get good il start making baby things (i might have to do it under the guise of making it for other people / SCBU) but thats ok im sure i can stash them somewhere!
im also mentally decoratibg the babys room - i wont be allowed to until we actully TTC or even get a BFP but i can reserch and read everything and be totally prepared. i guess i alway hold in my mind hte possibility that it might not happen....

Thats awesome! DH is pretty dead set on waiting :( I'm just starting back on my birth control after a miscarriage earlier this year (it was nice to not worry about taking pills) and we've been using condoms in the meanwhile, but only when it's time for the grande finale, so i'm secretly hoping that we get an oopse lol jk....kinda. DH is a bit of a cheesy romantic (when we wants to be) and thinks it will be so cool right before we BD to say "lets make a baby" lol but the actualy waiting is what kills me! It's like a year away :(

Hahaha! I'm hoping for an oopsie too. My OH is exactly the same. He keeps saying 'I can't wait until we can say "Let's try for a baby now"' bless them.

Full-time work, full-time grad school, getting settled into our house that we moved into at the end of July, playing with my puppy! So, plenty to keep me busy, but still doesn't take the baby fever away!

I'm in the same boat with hoping for an oopsie! As long as we avoid a few choice months, we could make a baby work with my school schedule..... :)

Well I'm glad im not the only one who secretly wishes for an oopsie lol I too have already been dabbling with the thought of how to decorate LO's room, no thanks to PINTEREST! Ugh to many good ideas! That's an awesome idea, learning how to knit! I know how to crochet a bit and it always looks "homemade" lol but I would love to start a blue or pink chevron pattern baby blanket when I get my BFP too! I know enough people who are prego so they wouldnt go to waste lol

I totally agree, while pets are fun to play with, it just doesn't cut it at kicking that baby fever! DH and I realllllly want a little boy, so I'm secretly wishing everyone I know who is prego has a girl so I get the boy baby dust lol

I too have already been dabbling with the thought of how to decorate LO's room, no thanks to PINTEREST! Ugh to many good ideas!

I do this too, although I'm trying not to get too excited about it (and failing), since we don't have much nursery space (just moved to a smaller house). LO's room is gonna end up being half nursery, half other random stuff that doesn't fit in the rest of the house! :cry: oh well, maybe I'll get creative with the space we do have!

I tried to learn to knit, and would love to be able to make a baby blanket... unfortunately my meager skills only allow for misshapen blobs of tangled yarn! :haha:

Since we're going to start ttc this coming new year I fortunately have lots of things to keep my mind occupied with my favourite seasons just around the corner! I've been slowly reintroducing myself to the latest baby gadgets and trends since its been 10 years since I've been in the loop - haha. :)

I've had my heart set on very specific, highly secretive names since (for years!) that luckily my SO loves just as much so we haven't chatted much about names but we can still have fun trying to pick out a couple of middle names for each gender.

Other than that just financially preparing - we've started a baby fund so by the time a little one is in the picture we should have a nice chunk set aside to splurge on all the essentials :)

We are both NQT's at the moment which is an incredibly difficult and busy year, but it's not doing a great job of taking my mind of it. It's just making more desperate to be at home with a baby and then go part time!! We are exchanging on our first house at the end of this month....THAT will distract me and motivate me. Can't have a baby till it's redecorated! It will make me feel like we are taking a step in the right direction, because right now I feel like nothing is changing and I'm getting no closer to my date. It doesn't help I just had to delay it by 2 months.

Thats slightly how we are, the spare room has some junk that DH didnt want to go thru before we moved so he's having to do it slowly before then.

Jennykins, I feel like I would be in the same boat with you. Although it hasn't been 10 years etc, this will be our first time actually TTC (we miscarried at 10 weeks after shortly finding out) I feel like there is SOO much information to cram into my brain! I dont want to start reading any of it till around the TTC date because im sure there will be new things to learn and I'll have forgotten about them lol

We are still torm with names, however we are trying to Gender Sway for a boy but we would be estatic for anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->