wtt due to selfish worry

Tanikins

mum to 1
Reaction score
So my implant is booked to come out on 30th aprill. Im still in 2 minds at delaying it for 6 months or so.

The reason - i dont want to get fat!

When i was preg with oscar i started a size 20 finished a 22/24. 17st 4lbs. I hit the gym/dieted since jan 2012. Its been a bit of a rollercoaster ride but 3 years later im 12 stone.

Ive worked hard for this, i dont wanna get 1st tri fatique and just lose the gym bug and stop going. I dont want to eat for 2 and put loads on.

I also worry ill go the other way and stop eating as the scales go up.

Now im the 1st to admit ive most probably got some sort of body disorder. Im fairly obsessive about my weight, i just dont wanna be 17stone again.

Anybody else at all worried. Or am i just the selfish cow i feel??

Congrats on your loss, that's amazing! :happydance:

You're not alone. I keep pushing the date back because I'm finally getting close to my goal weight (less than 5 lbs to being back to 120 lbs again!) and my stomach is pretty much flat... and I'm worried that pregnancy at least is going to undo all the work I've put into my stomach area. I've been trying to increase my fitness activity so I can hopefully continue most of it during pregnancy, to lessen the weight gain make it easier to bounce back again.

This time the military is the one that pushed our date back to late summer... instead of being disappointed, I'm happy to have another half year to get some more progress in! :blush:

I don't think you're selfish for your concerns. Pregnancy is a wonderful thing, but it's only for 9-10 months (usually anyway), and you have to live with the affects on your body for the rest of your life.

Maybe read success stories from women that have maintained their selves during pregnancy? I know over in Pregnancy Club there's a thread featuring a model who still has visible abs at 8 months pregnant! I swooned a little bit. And I know on MyFitnessPal there's a group just for pregnant women to help encourage each other to eat right and be motivated to work out. :flower:

Thanks ill go look in the preg club bit :thumbup:
I run 10k once a week an 5k around 3x so im hoping i can still do some. Even if its adding 10 mins to my times

Running is my weakness, so I'm a bit jealous! :haha: There's a pregnancy lady somewhere in my neighborhood that is still running... it's not a really fast pace, but she's still moving! She's all bump too, so it looks like she has been able to stay in shape.

That is a pretty impressive routine! I'm currently doing just 3.5k 2/3 times a week and pilates.

I think the worries about your body are normal. Ever so often I think about how I'm working to be in the best shape of my life by the time I get pregnant only to watch myself slow down and swell up! But that's not how it has to be (I gather! ) I saw that model with the 6 pack, and my lesson learnt was that I can absolutely set and maintain appropriate fitness goals during pregnancy. Youve proven to yourself already that you have what it takes to take care of your body. Work with a doctor who understands you and your needs (and your baby's) - that might help you maintain the right balance.

its not selfish at all! you are a person too, your not just a baby factory! you have obviously worked VERY hard (congratulations by the way!) to lose the weight and you should be proud of that
maybe you could make a diet plan for when you are pregnant to try and keep yourself on track? :flower:

Thanks. Im hoping to keep up the running to maintain my current weight.

I know my bf will want me to stop/put on weight. I was going with aslong as babies growing at correct Speed my weight isnt a big deal

I understand! I've lost two stone and have quite a lot more to go and I don't want to be further set back. I also don't want to lose my gym time, I go at least 5 times a week which would be almost impossible with a little one when back at work :dohh:

I was on a weight loss mission to take my mind off ttc when I finally fell pregnant, I was so worried about piling on the weight and spending ages getting it off, I ate loads in my pregnancy but I actually only put on 27lb and lost 16 of that the day I had her, I'm now 9 weeks post baby and I'm 4lb below pre pregnancy weight, however I am.breastfeeding so that will probably explain why And my new fear is putting weight on when I stop bf. It's not selfish at all, we might be told to enjoy the one time were allowed to put weight on but it's hard to see ur body both temporarily (bump) and permanently (stretch marks) change so don't let anyone make.U feel it's selfish. I also worry that my body won't be the same during second pregnancy and il pile it on then, I hate being fat (although im not anymore I have been in the past) and I don't want my kids to have a fat mum

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->