WTT due to swine flu?!

Drazic<3

You got the love <3
Reaction score
They were talking about this today on the news and I thought I would share it to see what you all think. They were recommending advising women not to ttc for the next few months due to the risks of swine flu.

Would think change your plans, or would you carry on ttc regardless?

Id carry on regardless. For 99% of people swine flu is just like getting a severe case of the flu.

Not even that severe. In actualy fact I Have heard it is not much different to a normal influenca.

Yeah, I agree hun. The only potential issue is with the medication, and they seem to have counteracted that.

Well we are effectively trying and we won't stop because of Swine Flu. There will always be a reason not to TTC, money, family, jobs and now Swine Flu. If you stopped everytime an obstacle got in your way no one would ever have a baby.

As Lozzy said, it's just a bad case of flu for more people and you can get normal fly when pregnant anyway and they dont tell you to stop TTC every Winter.

I personally believe that it is all scaremongering as I know quite a few people who have it / have had it now and it hasn't at all been like the BBC are making it out to be.

xxx

Well my Hubby has been diagnosed with suspected swine flu this weekend and it is like a mild case of flu (well his case is!) No it won't stop me TTC, even though I'm asthmatic. I could catch flu at anytime.

It would be different if Swine Flu could result in birth defects but as far as I am aware it will just mean that you are more likely to get the flu because of a weakened immune system. I think the only people who should think twice about TTC because of Swine Flu are those with other issues like diabetes, but even then I would just weigh up the risks and still go ahead if that's the best thing for you.

Id carry on regardless. For 99% of people swine flu is just like getting a severe case of the flu.

plus the fact that it can cause premature births:blush:

Under 5s and pregnant women are the most at risk

plus the fact that it can cause premature births:blush:

Under 5s and pregnant women are the most at risk

There is no proof of this so far its just speculation, same as it can cause birthdefects. Its all hearsay.

There is no proof of this so far its just speculation, same as it can cause birthdefects. Its all hearsay.
There have been a couple of babies born prematurely whilst the mothers had swine flu so how is that speculation?

Because this can happen with severe cases of the normal flu just no one mentions it, as can severe sickness and diarrohea.

I will be ttc in september and unless by then they have some evidence to say how big a risk it is, then no, it wouldn't stop me x

There have been a couple of babies born prematurely whilst the mothers had swine flu so how is that speculation?

They all had underlying health conditions though hun, so it hasnt caused premature birth in healthy women.

They were recommending advising women not to ttc for the next few months due to the risks of swine flu.

That's not what they are advising....

The Department of Health said that women who are part-way through a fertility programme would "need to balance possible difficulties in deciding to interrupt the programme by choice or because the service becomes unavailable, against the urgency to complete the programme and the safety of the pregnancy and newborn during a pandemic".

However, a spokesman added: "We advise everybody to plan their pregnancy carefully [but] we are not advising women not to conceive."

^
That's why I said they were talking about it on the news. It's not set in stone, but a discussion on sky news. It's the childbirth trust that are putting the pressure on, not the DoH, but that doesn't mean that it hasn't been raised.

https://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/v...lu:PregnantWomenAtRisk&amp;lpos=searchresults

Maybe I should of been clearer, I just presumed everyone watched the news.

TBH more people are affected by the 'normal' flu! So I wouldn't wait. Would you not TTC in the winter just cause of the flu?!

^
That's why I said they were talking about it on the news. It's not set in stone, but a discussion on sky news. It's the childbirth trust that are putting the pressure on, not the DoH, but that doesn't mean that it hasn't been raised.

https://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/v...lu:PregnantWomenAtRisk&amp;lpos=searchresults

Thanks for that link, interesting, and I have to say agree with him, it is impractical to wait for 1-2 years, dont think may women here would want to.

Pfft, I wouldn't wait. It's just really bad flu. There are all sorts of risks for pregnant women anyway; it's just a case of trying to stay healthy and keep your immune system boosted. Stupid media are blowing this out of proportions... :dohh:

^

:shock: erm.....not sure if that's intentionally condecending.....I do watch AND read the news but not Sky News....

It won't stop me. They do seem to be saying they WON'T be advising people not to TTC so I'm not worried. Hopefully by the time I actually get pregnant the worst of the pandemic will be over and I may well have had it by then anyway.

Also, unless it's something that is seriously likely to harm me or the baby, I'm not going to let stuff delay TTC. You could put it off forever if you waited for everything that's not ideal.

K x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->