WTT due to swine flu?!

Thanks for your replies girls, it seems they have rubbished it all today as sensationalism. Still poses an interesting question though, both in terms of what would be a reasonable reaction from ttc'ers in a pandemic situation, but also what would be a situation (outside of your personal control) which would make you think twice about ttc.

:shock: erm.....not sure if that's intentionally condecending.....I do watch AND read the news but not Sky News....

Why would that be condescending? I was apologising for being unclear - I see why you thought I said they were doing it, that is why I was clarifying. Again, sorry if it was misleading. :shrug:

I was really worried I had upset you - Crisis averted! I suck at explaining myself. :hugs:

better now than when the second wave hits...if its the same as most of the severe outbreaks...the second wave is a lot more deadlier than the first. would be roughly a year away, speculating.

If you got swine flu, the meds just help you get better a bit quicker (1.5 days)

I know that if (IF) I got it, I wouldn't take the meds. Not just because they don't do a lot, but there are side effects (as with any meds) but I just wouldn't do it.

If you wtt and swine flu never goes away you will never have a baby

I was diagnosed as having swine flu a couple of weeks ago and for me it was just like having a rather mild case of flu and i'm back to normal now (and unfortunately back to work! lol) so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Yes, swine flu can be serious, but so can normal flu to people who catch it with underlying conditions such as asthma or pregnancy... etc

Another thing to remember is that we are getting hundreds of confirmed cases a day but less than half of those are expected to actually be swine flu because the NHS has stopped swabbing and testing for it. They're just confirming cases by symptom instead - i'd speculate that that's to save time/money.

They basically said to me "You definitely have either flu or swine flu and we won't know for sure without testing, but you will be treated as a confirmed case" and then prescribed me tamiflu and told me to quarantine myself.

My mum now has it (probably caught it off me to be honest) and has much the same symptoms as I did although hers are a little worse because she has a weakened immune system to begin with and also suffers from Fybromyalgia (I doubt i've spelt that correctly!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->