WTT for third, preeclampsia twice anyone?

Debbie_23

Mummy of two lovely boys
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I haven't been on here for a while and my two boys are now 6 years old and 3 years old. I have always said that I am finished having babies but just recently I have thought about having another and I knew my husband would be happy to have another.

Now it won't be for another couple of years as we would need to move to a bigger house and I said I'd only consider another when my older two are both at school so my youngest still has another 2 years till school.

My questions are did anyone have preeclampsia in first two pregnancy but not in their third (all with same father). With my first son my blood pressure started to go up around 32 weeks, it didn't get overly bad and I never had protein in my urine but did have some swelling and occasional shooting stars. My blood work started to go a bit funny around 38 weeks so was induced at 39 weeks and my son was born a healthy 9lb 6 by emergency csection as their was some fetal distress while I was pushing, but my blood pressure went straight back down after he was born and I was out from hospital with 3 days of having him and I needed no medication during this pregnancy.

My second pregnancy again I started showing signs around 32 weeks, my blood pressure got higher and higher and I was given tablets to help control it but they didn't seem to make much of a difference but again had no protien in my urine at all but did have but some swelling and my blood pressure sat around 160/100 most of the time and my platlet count did drop quite low. I wasn't induced and went into labour at 40+4 weeks and my son was born again healthy at 9lb 10 by emergency csection as he got stuck but no fetal distress this time. But this time
My blood pressure continued to rise after my son was born and I was kept in hospital for 5 days on medication until it stablised, when I got home it took 2 further weeks before my blood pressure started to go back to normal and I was near to getting admitted back into hospital a few times. I feel the reason it was worse the second time round was they let my pregnancy go on to long and let the blood pressure get higher and higher and also the did ignore my rising blood pressure from 32-36 weeks before they gave me medication even though I kept going back with my swelling getting worse. I think if I'd been medicated when my blood pressure started to rise and swelling started and was given a csection at a earlier date then I would have recovered from the preeclampsia quicker.

Now I think when the time feels right I would consider a third but my main fear is preeclampsia and getting it worse this time and also the fact I've already had two csection and needing to have a third? I know each csection gets riskier and risker. I recovered from my second csection really quickly and wasn't really ever in pain so recovery doesn't concern me too much.

I will obviously go and talk to a doctor before I even considered trying to conceive again as I know there is tablets they can out you in to delay the onset of preeclampsia and considering I don't usually get it really early into my pregnant then I am hoping I would be fine but just wondered if anyone had similar experiences and had a third pregnancy go well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->