wtt- my story (long sorry)

chickie_115

mum of 1 and stepmum to 2
Reaction score
well where do I start,

I'm 31 and was diagnosed with pcos at the age of 16 after having some wacky AF's!! GP said not to worry cos I was still so young and no plans to start a family....
My bf at the time was cool with it until we reached about 20 then he wanted to ttc, nothing happened (thankfully now lol) and we split after a yr or so of trying.

I had then decided no kids for me ever and went on to enjoy my new found freedom lol!!

I met my now dh and settled into a life of being step mum to his 2 kids a dd and a ds.. ready made family:) he has a vasectomy (9yrs)

Now after almost 2 yrs of being married we desperatley want a baby 2gether :( he is booked in for a reversal on jan 28th!!!

Does anyone have any advice or anything I have no idea where to start with ov stuff or anything :cry: help lol

Sorry for waffling on lol

and thanks

C x

As far as advice goes, there is loads of it on here and you'll find everyon eis very helpful and friendly.

Personally I am only using opk’s for now at least, as I don’t want to get too bogged down with charting etc. Many people on here to chart their basal body temperature, cervix position and cervical mucus changes. There is a website called fertility friend which I know a lot of people use to help them with this. I would suggest that as well as this wtt forum, you also try the ttc forum for advice.

Best of luck to you on your journey :hug:

Aw thanks I really need to get organised and loose a little weight too lol

Thanks for the advice

Cx

I was lucky and just fell pregnant when I wasn't trying. I have PCOS and only have 3 natural periods a year but got pregnant within 3 months of not taking my pill properly. I had a miscarriage when we were having sex a lot more (every 2 days) and we weren't using contraception after 8 months.

Next time I'm going to try using ovulation sticks but I have no idea how that'll work for me lol!

Good luck!

Hi... I would advise you to try "fertility friend "too . I have pcos also .I found out I had them after I had my little boy. my cycles where always wacky ... but by tracking them I knew which had a chance and which didn't . I used to love charting...I am gonna start monday again ....after 4 1/2 years .... I got to tell you I am so excited I can hardly wait !!!:happydance: ....... think positive and positive magical things will happen ....good luck and I hope you get that :bfp: very very soon!!

Welcome to the forum.
Wishing you loads of luck and hope you get that :bfp: verrrry soon :)

Good luck darling with your journey and of course, welcome x

Start taking folic acid erm not too sure about the ov thing you can take your temp to see when you ov or pee on a ov stick - I have ov pains so will just dtd at that time and see

good luck

Start taking folic acid erm not too sure about the ov thing you can take your temp to see when you ov or pee on a ov stick - I have ov pains so will just dtd at that time and see

good luck

Looks like we'll be starting ttc around about the same time!! Am so excited but hard just incase op doesn't work :cry: Thanks 4 advice!!!

Hi Chickie,

I think you and I are going to be in similar positions, though you are going to be a little ahead of my timeline! My dh and I have two children....our daughter is 8 and our son just turned six this month. After our son was born dh had a vasectomy because he felt strongly about only having 2 children. At the time, I was relatively okay with that, but recently I have becoming overwhelmingly aware that I definitely want another baby! So, to get to the point, we have agreed to make dh an appointment for a reversal....YAY!!

From what I've read, the reversals are pretty effective, but it will take an average of a year and possibly up to two years to get to get pregnant after. I so don't understand that timeline!! They say that men are "recovered" from the procedure and can resume regular sexual activity after four weeks.....what's with the extra 11 months???? I don't know about you, but I SO hope it doesn't take that long -- for either one of us!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->