WTT Nov/Dec2013/Jan/Feb2014 (maybe longer) winter snowflakes

Evening ladies, great to see there's a few more of us now :) its really interesting to see everyone's different reasons for WTT.

So what have we all been up to today?

My best friend had her 12 week scan today! All is well, little bub was sucking her hands it was sooo cute! Made me even more broody of course! :haha:

Liking the group name change, mummytochloe x

OBEM addicts - what happened last night? I missed it :(

Sarah lo I agree its very intresting all our stories for waiting are so different, how some of us already have a lo and some dont how some wtt dates going forward and some going back.

How cute baby sucking hand, my dd had hand above her head and she looked like she had an elvis quiff

Does the name change sound good or do you think it still needs some tweeking?

and i dont know, could you not catch it up on channel 4 on demand on internet? i dont know so havent watched it yet, so if anyone says what please put in a spoiler.

ive been at collage today last day for 10 days :yippie: 10 days with chloe what about yourself

Sarah lo I agree its very intresting all our stories for waiting are so different, how some of us already have a lo and some dont how some wtt dates going forward and some going back.

How cute baby sucking hand, my dd had hand above her head and she looked like she had an elvis quiff

Does the name change sound good or do you think it still needs some tweeking?

and i dont know, could you not catch it up on channel 4 on demand on internet? i dont know so havent watched it yet, so if anyone says what please put in a spoiler.

ive been at collage today last day for 10 days :yippie: 10 days with chloe what about yourself

LOL I just realised I called my friends baby a her when we don't know if its boy or a girl yet! I do that all the time, because my LO's a girl I just assume all babies are girls for some reason!

My LO's 12 week scan looked like she was waving at us :)

I like the new name for the group, see what everyone else thinks..

I've not done much today really, its freezing here and icy so I haven't been out for a while. Just enjoying my last few days of maternity leave before I go back to work next week :(

Yes dont worry i do that too, the pregnancy sites e.g the bump do it to they say he or she :haha:

Yes its really icy here and currently snowing. so may halter plans to go to mother and toddler then swimming with chloe tomorrow.

What job do you do, its horrible those 1st few weeks leaving them, are you going back full time, what do you do and where will Olivia go (i have a cousin called olivia)

I work in an office. I'm going back full time to begin with and DH is taking 2 months paternity leave (he earns less than me so we're better off with him taking 2 months off than if I'd extended my mat leave for a couple more months) after that I'll change to part time hours and Livvy will go into nursery while I'm at work. It's going to be so hard leaving her :(

To all im thinking of renaming the group as there are so many diffrent dates we all waiting until. I was thinking along the lines of Loopy Long Term Waiters ramblings, and getting up a siggie made. does anyone have any tweeks they could make to make the name sound more catchy?

Kians_Mummy - how do you find leaving him, is it hard? I have obviously left chloe to go to collage and to go for meals ect but never over night and tbh i think im really gonna struggle to do so.

ushotmedown - I will move your ticker to 2015, is ther a rough month in 2015 you are thinking of going for, and dont worry it wont be at the bottom as mine has that status atm.

LubLub What's the programme "i didnt know i was pregnant?"
seeing new babies make me super broody i know about 5 people who are due between 17weeks time and just a few weeks time, really happy for them but the green eyed monster always slips in and i wish it was me.

Masters degree sounds lovely what age do you work with the most? and how long is your masters course? Im starting a primary school teaching course hopefully.

Can i have the link to your ticker please so i can put it on the front page, and the month and year it needs to go under x

LockandKey - aww what did you and DD spent time doing, im glad she slept well too. aww bless her the missing daddy probably isnt helpign with the sleep but yes as you say it is her and the whole family who will benifit from it, and at least she is at an age where it doesnt affect her too much.

yes you'll definightly have a better idea in 2 years time you can chose to be near a good school for your little ones and everything like that and in a really nice friendly neiboughhood.
Yes i'm like that i would like a :blue: bump to balance things, out but if i got another girl that would be ok as chloe is a joy. Did you find out sex with DD we did, but like you are going team :yellow:

and gosh 12 people you know are pregnant thats good goign for them but deffo not for broody you.

almostXmagic - so happy your TTC date has been brought forward, i will change the ticker date on the front page :wohoo: make sure you still join in our chat though :thumbup:

January 2015 as that's when I am (hopefully) getting married :happydance:
I'm so broody and it doesn't help that everyone I went to school with seems to be pregnant! Off topic but I'm going to the doctors soon to have my implant removed. What contraception do you guys recommend? I know there are loads of threads on it but I'm still not too sure what to go on.

Hello Lovelies! How are you tonight on this fine evening?

Somehow I am in good spirits even though I fell right on my arse going down the stairs. Now I have a huge bruise and it hurts to bend over or do anything at all :( I was out of commission for a good 4 hours today, couldn't even take care of DD, good thing my aunt was around to help. This only heightens my fear of stairs. Luckily I was not carrying DD atm, but I am sooo dreading the day I trip and fall with her in my arms. A bit disappointed as it was 50 degrees outside today and was planning on taking DD out, but that went out the window :cry:

Well the good news is I talked to DH about TTC date, and he's completely fine with TTC in winter so we can have ourselves an autumn baby. Personally I would like to try for September. Only problem is, I added everything up, and something was a miss. My original plan was go take a course and start working around the time that DD would be going to Montessori school (she will be 3), but by then I was hoping to be pregnant (trying when she is 2.5). I wouldn't want to start working because I would have to quite in a few months anyway to take care of the new babes, and I don't wish to put them in child care as I prefer to raise them myself. The point of us having another is that so he and I can enjoy everything again, not to put them in childcare, and , idk I'm weird. So DH just suggested I work after both are in school. I guess I could do that, even though I would like to work to help pay the bills, but in the end, I could always get my education later, there is only a small window in which I can give DD a sibling around the time she is 3. Still a bit troubled, but DH assured me that he can support all of us just fine. Still feel like it's a mess though :wacko:

Haha I suggested moving our TTC date to next year, and he thought I was crazy :haha:

Anyway now that we have an official TTC date, (Dec. 2014) I may put up a ticker, yes, I think I will. :happydance:

Sorry for the long rant, but mummytochole I did find out the gender when preg with DD, so I would like :yellow: for the next as it will be like a whole new experience on waiting for the birth, I'm excited :thumbup: Oh and I do like the name change of the forum too

I hope you ladies don't mind my super long posts, as I have a feeling I will be posting a lot of them :haha:

Sarah Lo Aww at least at 1st you know she is with her daddy, and tgen means in long term only part term childcare.

ushotmedown how loveky starting to try after your wedding i'll get you a ticker done.

lockandkey sorry to hear you had a fall but im glad on the whole your ok, I'm sure you be able to do your day again soon :)
Yes I believe if you want to be at home with both children and dh can provide thrn do that as you said ypu only have each baby once and ypu wanna enjoy them.

Does anyone else have opinion on group name?
And does anyone else need tickets other than, ushotmedown and lockandkey

I just found out that one of my best friends is 6-7 weeks pregnant and to top it off her OH's dad is giving them a house!

While I am extremely pleased for her, I am even more jealous!!!! :dohh:
My OH and me are trying how to save for a house straight after university (finish next year summer time) and then save for a wedding and a baby and everything kind of just falls into place for her!

I feel like a bad friend but dammit I want things to fall into place for me! :haha:

I just found out that one of my best friends is 6-7 weeks pregnant and to top it off her OH's dad is giving them a house!

My OH and me are trying how to save for a house straight after university (finish next year summer time) and then save for a wedding and a baby and everything kind of just falls into place for her!

I feel like a bad friend but dammit I want things to fall into place for me! :haha:

That does sound annoying, but we'll appreciate things more when we know we've bought and earned it!

What are you doing at uni, I'm not finished on my first degree till next summer too. At least you're engaged so have something definite to look forward to - I have no definites in the future.

How old are you btw & what are you studying :flower:

That does sound annoying, but we'll appreciate things more when we know we've bought and earned it!

What are you doing at uni, I'm not finished on my first degree till next summer too. At least you're engaged so have something definite to look forward to - I have no definites in the future.

How old are you btw & what are you studying :flower:

I'm 19, I'll be 20 in July and I'm studying archaeological, anthropological and forensic sciences. It sounds more impressive than it actually is though. :coffee::coffee:

I just told my mum about 2 days ago that I was engaged and want the wedding in 2015. She was more okay with it than I expected her to be. She was just glad I didn't say next year! :haha: We aren't telling everyone else until after graduation next year though.

On the plus side though, I did manage to snag myself a job as a carer, so I start training next week :D

What are you studying?

Yaaay FINALLY:happydance::happydance::happydance: some life in this thread. You can't imagine how long I've waited for that to happen :thumbup:

mummytochloe - I'm the one who doesn't approve homebirths. There is so much that can happen and you'll never know. My grandmother who was midwife said only one thing when I got accepted - never do homebirths. But as I said on my school interview: "The fact that I don't accept that, don't mean that I won't tolerate it. I still can respect others." And I like Loopy Long Term Waiters ramblings :thumbup:
LubLub, LockandKey, sarahsmith199 - welcome :hi:

And what about me? I had really important exam in school - anatomy. I was so afraid of failing but guys, you know what? I made it and got B! Strong and big B! Can't even say how happy I am :happydance:
The one who makes me broody is my best friend who gave birth in December. I'm conctantly visiting her and can play and hold her babyboy. One evening I even got to babysit him because my friend went out for a dinner with her OH. Gosh, wouldn't that make you broody :dohh: But I'm over it. Have to be. No babies before graduation. I have so much going on. School and courses and volunteery job and lots of more. Can't wait for a summer to get a break of it but hey, I'm happy so why complain? :winkwink:

ushotmedown - giving them a house how lucky is that, we are slowly saving up to get our 1st house and its taking ages to be just given one i wish. yes 2 reasons to be jelous not just one. dont feel bad hun as long as you feel happy for her at the same time nothing wrong with wishing it was you :hugs:

and bloody hell all that at uni does sound impressive, what are you hoping to go into when you graduate?

Yes both my parents flipped the roof when i go engaged i was only 16 when i got engaged (not even a month off 17) and got married just after my 18th birthday while i was 28ish weeks pregnant best thing i ever did

bethany1991 tell your OH to pull his finger out and propose :haha: and what are you studying again bethany?

Marima
i know im so hgappy to been waiting for ages realy needed someone to keep me sane, lol. And imo its prefectly ok for you not to agree with them, like you said you will tolorate others having them thats the main thing that your open to people being different. Glad a few like the name change.

Yay you in your exam a B is a very good grade :happydance: i had some important exams in summer which are between 40 and 50% of my final grade, so they are big and important, i dotn get results until middle of march though :haha:

aww i bet it was lovely babysitting him :haha: what did they name him? one of my friends has a boy called cian born on the 5th another had a girl born on the 5th called Cali i am soo broody.

Yes i know what you mean about a break, im on half term starting today for 10days :D but really looking forward to summer where i can have 2months with chloe, days like today really make me not want to go back. We went to mummy and todder, then we came home and had lunch and some of our red love heart cookies we made the otehr night (will post pictures later) then we went swimming and are now at home having some play time :D

WARNING LADIES I WILL BE CHANING THE NAME TONIGHT TO "LOOPY LONG TERM WAITERS RAMBLINGS " DONT THINK WE ARE A DIFFERENT THREAD OR ANYTHING :haha:

ushotmedowni'm 21 in august, he's 20 in may so we're similar to you two. working and at uni (that course does sound impressive) - i work at a nursery 12 hours a week as well as uni doing Education studies & then in a couple of weeks I go on placement in a year 2 class. I don't know how i'll do it!! how did he propose?

mummytochloe he won't propose to me for a looong long time, he's put across his view many times that he thinks its stupid people are getting married so young when there's no need to (i've told him, he wouldn't have to marry me, it's just a step forward and proves his commitment) oh well 29th February is coming up soon, maybe i'll step up!

also mummytochloe my ticker needs changing, as i was optimistic thinking i'd be TTC June '14, it's more likely Spring 2016 :( !

bethany1991

:hugs: about moving ticker, i moved mine back 2 years the other day, to january 2016 at the earliest :cry:

May i ask whats happening on the 29th feb hun, and your very right you could have a long engagment.

what age do you want to work with when you leave uni?

29th Feb only comes on a leap year so its the day when women can propose :) maybe it would seem a little desperate haha :)
I hope to work with Year 1 & 2 but i've never had in class experience with the 7-11 age so Im gonna get some experience and who knows i may love that!

oh no, why did you have to move it back?

gosh i didnt even think tbh :haha: maybe you should go for it :D

Becuase im not yet a uni, loads things got messed up so couldnt start sept 2011 so gotta start this septemeber and course is a year longer, so that makes 2 extra years :cry:

i am doing primary teaching course and i hope to work with year 3 and 4 when i get a job but i wouldnt mind any primary age.

Ive done your ticker hun march 2016 ok? or do you want it slightly different dsoesnt take a sec to change

I'd have loved to do a primary teaching degree but i didn't have enough experience, got 1 year left of this degree & then hopefully i'll get accepted onto a PGCE and finish that by Summer 2014.

Yeah the tickers great thanks, just gutted it says 4 YEARS makes it real how long away it is :(

Aww well I say that's course I'm.doing I have interview on wednesday gotta hope i get on

I know mines close to 4 years and tbh i think Jan 2016 will be too early as got pregnant quickly with chloe and would mean being pregnabt during final uni year. Plus we'd like a June baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->