WTT our last. Buddy?

I will be looking to start trying in December so, depending on how things go, we could end up buddies. Pixie dust

I will be looking to start trying in December so, depending on how things go, we could end up buddies. Pixie dust

FLArmy this is me jumping up and down for you :yipee:

Mind if I pop in now and then as a cheerleader?

Of course. Now that I landed on actually trying and finally said it 'out loud' lol.

Of course. Now that I landed on actually trying and finally said it 'out loud' lol.

Seriously, Sweets is going to be the best big brother
Just seeing how lovely he was with my girls...heart melt

I pray it happens fairly quickly for ALL of you wonderful ladies!!

Rachael it took 6 months for us to get pregnant with Noah and actually Milan was an oops after my miscarriage. We wanted to wait one more cycle but God had other plans

FLArmyWife it may end up being December for us as well. There’s tons that needs to happen between now and when we try so who knows. Hubs isn’t AD any more but it would be nice having someone who understands the life lol

SOOOOO..ladies thank you guys for all your lovely msgs and for keeping this thread going. I was to come off the pill last week and DH says he thinks maybe we should wait another year because
- he just started a new job in July and would really like a year done before the distractions of pregnancy and a new baby
- we were planning to go visit inlaws in San Antonio next summer, so he thinks it would be good to get this out of the way too
- oh and there was a third reason i cant remember

I said well we can go visit in April in the spring, i might be ittle pregnant but i dont mind - i hear San Antonio is boiling in the summer anyway so my British kids might not appreciate the heat!

Now about his job, he travels a lot, so i can see his view point. however 35 was always my cut off and I feel like if i dont do it this year, I dont want to do it again. I have just lost a massive amount of weight and feeling in a good place mentally - our last turns 4 in November and to actually have a baby in another 2yrs (that will be 6yrs between the second and the last and 8.5 yrs between the first and the last) i am not sure I want to be doing all the new born stuff again after that long.

its our anniversary on Tuesday and he said to think about it and we can talk about it tomorrow.
To me that says he is not ready even though he had agreed before...and I feel like telling him we can wait if he wants to, but i know deep down inside i will not tryagain (unless by some miracle of failed contraception i get pregnant next year.)

Am i being unreasonable?

Seriously, Sweets is going to be the best big brother
Just seeing how lovely he was with my girls...heart melt

I pray it happens fairly quickly for ALL of you wonderful ladies!!

<3 he loves babies and definitely has gotten lots of practice with all our friends babies over the years.

FLArmyWife it may end up being December for us as well. There’s tons that needs to happen between now and when we try so who knows. Hubs isn’t AD any more but it would be nice having someone who understands the life lol
I hear you. Hubs is undergoing some testing for an unrelated issue, or so we hope it'll be unrelated to trying, who know; which is why he'll get testing done.
My hubs isn't AD anymore either. He ended AD Aug 1 2015 and has been Army NG since.
I was born Navy brat and then married Army (well we met before he joined but I knew from the moment we met that was his plan) so I definitely understand much of the life.

Rachael it took 6 months for us to get pregnant with Noah and actually Milan was an oops after my miscarriage. We wanted to wait one more cycle but God had other plans

It took 7 months for DD and that was 8 years ago. Can't see it being any quicker this time

SOOOOO..ladies thank you guys for all your lovely msgs and for keeping this thread going. I was to come off the pill last week and DH says he thinks maybe we should wait another year because
- he just started a new job in July and would really like a year done before the distractions of pregnancy and a new baby
- we were planning to go visit inlaws in San Antonio next summer, so he thinks it would be good to get this out of the way too

I said well we can go visit in April in the spring, i might be ittle pregnant but i dont mind - i hear San Antonio is boiling in the summer anyway so my British kids might not appreciate the heat!

Now about his job, he travels a lot, so i can see his view point. however 35 was always my cut off and I feel like if i dont do it this year, I dont want to do it again. I have just lost a massive amount of weight and feeling in a good place mentally - our last turns 4 in November and to actually have a baby in another 2yrs (that will be 6yrs between the second and the last and 8.5 yrs between the first and the last) i am not sure I want to be doing all the new born stuff again after that long.

its our anniversary on Tuesday and he said to think about it and we can talk about it tomorrow.
To me that says he is not ready even though he had agreed before...and I feel like telling him we can wait if he wants to, but i know deep down inside i will not tryagain (unless by some miracle of failed contraception i get pregnant next year.)

Am i being unreasonable?

I say no you are not being unreasonable. I myself have similar parameters. Hubs wanted 2 one right after the other. I refused. I didn't want 2 in diapers at the same time. So my parameters were: 1st had the be potty trained and I did not want to be over 30. I didn't want my 1st to be more than 5 because to me, as you stated, once they reach a certain age I didn't want to go through all the newborn stuff again.
So hubs has been secretly just dying to go for another. I just finally said it's now or never. I still have days I want to say "nope, not doing it" but ultimately based on my own reasonings, it is now or never. My DS is 3.5 now but will be 1 month shy of 4 when we start trying.. which means IF it happens first go he'd be just a few months shy of 5 by the time baby arrives. DS finally got potty trained this spring and I just turned 30.
Taking all this into account, plus knowing my husband is going to deploy at the end of 2020 for 12+ months, it truly is a now or never in my mindset. So I do completely understand where you are coming from.

I did 9 cycles unassisted and then 3 assisted before getting my BFP. Really hoping it doesn't take that long this time but also not expecting a 1st cycle BFP either.

Am i being unreasonable?

I don’t think you are. I told DH I wanted to come off bc and let my body adjust and give it a break (still have to get off other meds) it took getting my horrible cycles and my OB agreeing to be ok with it. I’m tracking with an app and ovulation strips. Talk to your OB and see what they suggest. I always told DH I didn’t want to be much past 30 and I turned 31 this year.

I did 9 cycles unassisted and then 3 assisted before getting my BFP. Really hoping it doesn't take that long this time but also not expecting a 1st cycle BFP either.

I doubt I will either. I don’t think I’ve ovulated yet anyway. Supposed to get AF Thursday so we will see

I say no you are not being unreasonable. I myself have similar parameters. Hubs wanted 2 one right after the other. I refused. I didn't want 2 in diapers at the same time. So my parameters were: 1st had the be potty trained and I did not want to be over 30. I didn't want my 1st to be more than 5 because to me, as you stated, once they reach a certain age I didn't want to go through all the newborn stuff again.
So hubs has been secretly just dying to go for another. I just finally said it's now or never. I still have days I want to say "nope, not doing it" but ultimately based on my own reasonings, it is now or never. My DS is 3.5 now but will be 1 month shy of 4 when we start .

Ypu dont know how happy and sane it has made me feel i am not the only one who has these paramaeters...ppl kind of make u feel ungrateful or unreasonable even...i just feel like after 35 mentally and physically i may not be able to cope as well abd the age dofference between the kids will be huge...THANK YOU

Wishing you catch on this one pretty quickly xxx

I doubt I will either. I don’t think I’ve ovulated yet anyway. Supposed to get AF Thursday so we will see
Well FX. Here to line squint when you are ready.

Ypu dont know how happy and sane it has made me feel i am not the only one who has these paramaeters...ppl kind of make u feel ungrateful or unreasonable even...i just feel like after 35 mentally and physically i may not be able to cope as well abd the age dofference between the kids will be huge...THANK YOU

Of course. I get it, I have moms in my son's class that think I'm nuts to have those guidelines up, but medically I just don't see it being beneficial for me or my child(ren) to go much older. I've had 2 surgeries on my right ankle, 1 on my right knee, have back issues, and an unknown auto-immune problem that causes extreme fatigue. I'm already way less capable of doing things with my DS than I'd like, waiting just makes that worse.

Wishing you catch on this one pretty quickly xxx
Thanks. I'm not even sure if I ovulate or produce eggs unassisted so we'll see once I come off bcp.

I will come off bcp either October or November, depending on how my packs fall. I have an appointment Sep 29 to meet with my OB/gyn for an annual and to discuss.

Last edited:
I will come off bcp either October or November said:
Ohh maybe just come off Sept 30th if all goes well the day before?

Yeah sounds like you have good reason to plan things out and make sure your kids tmgwt the best you whilst rhwy are young! Great thinking

Well with my endo things get painful quick and we have a cruise coming up in december. I want to try and plan that I'm not going to be having AF during that time as it'll completely ruin the week. I guess we are kinda hoping that's the time frame we conceive if we get lucky round 1. But again, who knows, may just go off it after the appointment. Just need to talk to the dr about everything

Well with my endo things get painful quick and we have a cruise coming up in december. I want to try and plan that I'm not going to be having AF during that time as it'll completely ruin the week. I guess we are kinda hoping that's the time frame we conceive if we get lucky round 1. But again, who knows, may just go off it after the appointment. Just need to talk to the dr about everything

I have endo as well. That’s one thing I’m terrified of now that I’m off bc. I’m planning on getting my tubes tied after the next one. I wanted to get a hysterectomy but I don’t want to be on hormones either. This last time on bc was horrible!

Endo is crap for so many (though there are a lucky few out there that have no symptoms from it). For me, BCP makes endo so much more bearable. For years I didn't have symptoms of the endo thanks to bcp. In recent years I have much more mild symptoms on bcp but nothing as debilitating as off.

USAFWife, I get it. I wonder about all those things too. Hysterectomy would save me from the unbearable pain, but idk if I want to do hormone replacement so early in life.

I loved the Nexplanon while I had it but when I got it removed I realized so much about it and how it changed my physical and mental health

@USAFWife319 @FLArmyWife

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT

I've been bursting to come here and update you guys Hahah...We had our chat last night and he said he was only suggesting waiting because he was thinking of me and how I'd cope with him not being around much whilst he settles in to his new job. Says he definitely wants it and now if I am sure its what I want. I said well it made me think he's mot ready and i'd much rather he said now then resent me later when the sleepless nights and poop nappies hit the fan hahaha...he said me being ready and happy with the decision is most important than when he wants so if I want it now then lets do it. We Will see how I feel in Devember if pregnant and we can see his sister in Texas April or in a couple of years if I dont feel up to it.

So we have a holiday coming up in Spain for 1 week on the 15th...we agreed as a compromise for him...i'd stay on the pill until the 22nd August when we come back and then I am stright off the pill...and can condoms until mid september and start trying then...p.s. He doesnt like condoms much Hahahah

So I am still WTTC until atleast mid/late Sept....hoping for a BFP oct /Nov.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->