WTT til July 2012 with AI

HunnyNspice

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've finally decided to do it. I'm going to be a single mom.... I'm 26 years old and I've been single for over 5 years with no prospects of finding a good man. I'm absolutely crazy about becoming a mom that I decided to go the known/frozen donor route. Still haven't decided which. I have my mother's full support. She's been telling me to make her a grandma since I was 18 and for the longest time I've told her to wait for my sister who's 10 years younger to give her grandchildren.

My tentative date to start TTC is July 2012. I've already started looking for/at donors if a gay friend that I have that wants children decides he doesn't want to be a donor or if I decide I don't want a co-parent.

People have told me why not go for a one night stand to get pregnant??? My answer is that I want my child to be able to know their medical history and that I'm not the type to go out and party so where am I going to meet anyone?? If it was like that I would've already gone out and gotten pregnant or at least tried the "normal" way.

Question: Is anyone else out there going this same route?? I want views on this...

Hello! October of last year I got very serious about finding someone who would be willing to get me pregnant and I began searching intently. I did not want to use donor sperm because I wanted to give my child the opportunity to know their father. God blessed me with an amazing man who wanted to have children as much as I did without a bf/gf relationship or marriage. Him and I both wanted a co-parenting relationship where he is a huge part of our child's life. We have become amazing friends since last year.

We tried 6 home insemination and then moved on to an IUI with Clomid. When that IUI did not take I had an HSG and a laparoscopy which showed one blocked tube and possibly the other. We have since done one IVF cycle that resulted in a BFN and are currently in our 2nd IVF cycle.

Congrads on deciding to become a SMBC (single mom by choice). If you have any questions, let me know (even though we haven't yet had children yet)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->