WTT weight loss support thread

Miss Broody

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I know a lot of us have the goal to lose weight before we TTCso I thought I'd start this so we can all discuss our plans, tips and success!!

I plan to start on jan 2nd but not 100% what plan to follow. When I was a lot younger I got really into rosemary connelly and lost loads. I have done ww before on the core plan rather than the points based Option. Has anyone done slimming world? Ony others that are "sensible!"

joined the gym too, so will exercise 3 or 4 times per week. Then weigh myself every monday to see how I'm getting on! Fingers crossed!

Who else is starting again in jan? X

I'm stating in January too, figure that I need to get rid of (as in eat) all the rubbish in the house first! Haha!

I've never dieted before so I have no idea where to start or what plan to follow. I downloaded the calorie counter app for my iPhone so I may try counting calories and see what that does. I might just start being really really strict with myself as at the moment I just eat what I want when I want! My friend did the special k diet and lost loads but I hate special k! Wonder if it'd work with coco pops! Haha!

Also I might join my local zumba class and we have the 6 second ab machine which both me and my husband found really great. I stopped using it when I fell pregnant and haven't bothered starting again so will prob use that too and hope the combination of everything will help me reach my target weight!

Good luck!

X

I'm in! I've been in the weight loss journey for a couple of months now and it's slowly coming off, but starting next week, I will be stepping up my game with more exercise. I have numerous dvd's (some newer Jillian Michaels ones that I've barely looked at!) that I plan on using (goal is to do a different one every week just to change it up) and we have noon hour yoga classes at my office and will be starting Zumba after work at the office on Wednesdays.

I need to lose about 15 lbs but also want to build my muscle back so the scale may reflect that and I may need reminding of it when the numbers aren't budging much after a while! :haha:

So, Monday is our first check in?

I'm stating in January too, figure that I need to get rid of (as in eat) all the rubbish in the house first! Haha!

I've never dieted before so I have no idea where to start or what plan to follow. I downloaded the calorie counter app for my iPhone so I may try counting calories and see what that does. I might just start being really really strict with myself as at the moment I just eat what I want when I want! My friend did the special k diet and lost loads but I hate special k! Wonder if it'd work with coco pops! Haha!

Also I might join my local zumba class and we have the 6 second ab machine which both me and my husband found really great. I stopped using it when I fell pregnant and haven't bothered starting again so will prob use that too and hope the combination of everything will help me reach my target weight!

Good luck!

X

A good place to start if you really have no idea is myfitnesspal.com They have apps for your phone and such too but it's a great site for calorie counting. It not only encourages you to eat the right amount of calories for losing (but not too little calories or your body will go into "starvation mode" and hang on to fat), but the community is really good too. GL!

this seems like the right thread for me haha
I would love to try at the end of next year for number 2 and seen as i should be getting married next year if all goes to plan I'd love to lose some weight.
I've put on nealry two stone since being pregnant and having LO and it just upsets me so much.
I was never the most skinny girl, I had my curves but now I just feel fat and all I see when i look in the mirror is a big blog.

So yes, 2011 I will start my diet.
I'm not sure which on I'm going to go on yet but I'm thinking about the speical k one because I like the look of it and it seems sorta easy to me. Which I need haha.

Anyone else thinking about trying that one? :)

Count me in too!

I put on about 20lbs in the past year... after being this weight for a few years, dropping it and gaining it all back I'm not so happy with myself. I call it boyfriend weight. Girls and I talked last night, its all their fault! Boyfriend portions, boyfriend eating habits etc... we're just not built like them. I am going to take back my waist line!

Also I have to go through an elimination diet for my allergies/sensitivites/IBS so I'm starting that Jan 2. Slowly I'll reintroduce things after 6weeks of the strict diet. I think if I can get in the habit from that, I may bring my lunch more have a more balanced diet (I'm a carb-aholic and I admit it). That's the naturopath's goal anyway, so I'll keep it as my goal.

Just cross your fingers for me, I don't want to be allergic or sensitive to gluten.. they can't take away my bread and pasta... they just can't! I promise I'll be good!!!!!

ok my goal is 10-15lbs at least! OH likes 'chubby' girls... but he'll get 9+ months of that when we get our BFP so he'll have to suck it up for now ;)

Hey girls. Im knew to the site. I am wanting to lose weight too before trying. I am starting the slimming world plan tonight, first class is at six. ive been on their site at it seems really good, with lots of food choices. so im gonna give it a go. ill post again after i have been and i know all the info. Im laura btw. talk later. xx

Hiya! In a year of calorie counting (1800cals and 40grams of fat aday) i lost 4.5 stones so its very do-able, since the car crash i have put on a stone and half of that weight so i really need to shift it again. From Monday i will be back on this diet, its more healthy eating as u can eat what u want but in moderation and u pick the healthier choices instead. It does involve alot of willpower as u do it on ur own as such as i dont do dieting groups i feel embarrassed talking about my dieting to people. I have ordered a treadmill which will be delivered tomorrow :D i need to walk more than i can at the moment.....i used to walk miles but since the RTA i only have to walk 10mins and im in agony so im hoping this will help strengthen my back and also help burn extra calories :D if anyone has any questions about calorie counting feel free to ask :D

I lost a stone and a half in the summer from calorie counting but put it all back on on holiday with my OH (We went for a month) I totally agree with the 'boyfriend portions' thing my oh is a bad influence!!! It doesnt help that he tells me he loves me the way I am and not to lose any weight :/
I would like to lose two stones to put me at a healthy BMI.. starting January 2nd!! We will all have to try and do this together! xx
good luck everyone

I lost a stone and a half in the summer from calorie counting but put it all back on on holiday with my OH (We went for a month) I totally agree with the 'boyfriend portions' thing my oh is a bad influence!!! It doesnt help that he tells me he loves me the way I am and not to lose any weight :/
I would like to lose two stones to put me at a healthy BMI.. starting January 2nd!! We will all have to try and do this together! xx
good luck everyone

My OH says exactly the same, tells me im perfect as i am, i told him its about how i feel about myself though, i know im not huge, i am hour glass but i just dont like it lol

Hi ladies! This is a great idea. I want to lose 30 lbs! My weight never seemed to fully come off after the birth of my daughter who is now 7, then I had my son who is now 19 months.
I have been going to the gym for about a month now doing spin 5 days a week an hour each day. I've only lost 2 lbs so far. I'm a bit discouraged as I'm not seeing the weight come off. Some of my pants and shirts are fitting a little better but that's all I notice. My body fat percentage is 36% which is depressing.
I could use some support from others.

Hi ladies! This is a great idea. I want to lose 30 lbs! My weight never seemed to fully come off after the birth of my daughter who is now 7, then I had my son who is now 19 months.
I have been going to the gym for about a month now doing spin 5 days a week an hour each day. I've only lost 2 lbs so far. I'm a bit discouraged as I'm not seeing the weight come off. Some of my pants and shirts are fitting a little better but that's all I notice. My body fat percentage is 36% which is depressing.
I could use some support from others.

thats what we are here for :hugs: keep it up though, i know sometimes it can be depressing not seeing a result, it could be a small weight loss due to fat turning to muscle :)

YES! that's totally it. 'I love you the way you are' Its great that they aren't the demanding ones LOL

I know I'm not huge, heck I'm small compared to most of the women in my family! I just know I can get there... its staying there that's the problem.

I think with the support here I can do it and likely stick to it!

Well I won't be the WTT section much longer but I def wanna subscribe to this thread!! I've been talking with my doctor about a diet/exercise program for me and she insists that I continue with it once we start ttc and even when I'm pregnant. I def need to lose some weight and get in shape. I won't be ovulating until the end of January so starting Monday I will be hitting the gym...hard!!!!

Height: 5'7"
Starting weight Nov 15: 172
Current weight: 164
Mini Goal 1: 158 (by Vday)
Mini Goal 2: 150 (by Easter)
Final Goal: 145 (by June)

:thumbup:

Height 5'8

Starting Dec 22, 2010 - 180lbs - size 12 jeans.

Goal Dec 22, 2011 - 165lbs or size 8 jeans.

(that's north american sizes I know the UK differs a bit)

Height: 5'5"
Starting weight: November 4th 2010-163 lbs
Current weight: December 30th 2010-157 lbs
Mini goal 1:150 lbs by Valentine's day Feb 14th
Mini goal 2:140 lbs by Easter
Final goal: 130 lbs by June 2011
I want to fit into a size 4 jeans (US size)
I'm currently in a size 10 ugh!

I want to shift some of my baby weight from 1st pregnancy or else i will just be hugeeee.
I have a good stone to lose i hvnt really started as such. I shall be after the New yeaR.

I posted a thread not long ago about losing weight, i do work in an office, so im constantly sitting which dont help. By the time i get home and cook and sort my little girl out its way too late.

Before i had my daughter i used to jog so much i wish i could get back to that.
Another thing i usaed to do was skip rope outdoors, but im thinking i can get into that indoors after my little girls asleep.
Skipping does work wonders. It helped me so much when i was training for my wedding day.

So the plan for me is i cant skip brekkie anymore and i need to do skipping every night of not every other night and eat much more sensibly.

I need to-for wedding dress hunting and a holiday. I'm rubbish though hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"