WTT with a view to TTC in Sept/Oct/Nov - looking for a TTC buddy!

Hi ladies. I am doing well. Day 8 of BCP today, and my WD bleeding only lasted 2 days (stopped 2 days ago) I am now wondering if I will be ovulating soon, or getting my period when I usually would (sept. 28th) if I was still on BCP's, anyone know how this all works since I stopped taking my BCP's after a week into them?

almosthere - that's a tricky one. So you stopped BCP a week into a pack? Maybe those 2 days of bleeding were the 'artificial' period and your true period will come about 28 days (or whatever length your cycle is) after the first day of that bleeding - so ovulation in about 12 days time? I'm not sure though - it's hard to pinpoint ovulation after stopping BCP because cycles can be wacky at first, or longer/shorter than normal, and then there's the fact you stopped a week into the pack thrown into the mix :haha: Have you thought about using OPKs? If all else fails - BD everyday, your hubby wouldn't complain I'm sure :haha::haha:

xxx

almosthere - that's a tricky one. So you stopped BCP a week into a pack? Maybe those 2 days of bleeding were the 'artificial' period and your true period will come about 28 days (or whatever length your cycle is) after the first day of that bleeding - so ovulation in about 12 days time? I'm not sure though - it's hard to pinpoint ovulation after stopping BCP because cycles can be wacky at first, or longer/shorter than normal, and then there's the fact you stopped a week into the pack thrown into the mix :haha: Have you thought about using OPKs? If all else fails - BD everyday, your hubby wouldn't complain I'm sure :haha::haha:

xxx

Hahaha, yes lot's of :sex: will be going on until I see results!! lol

Hi, I would love to be buddies :) I am new here so no buddies yet- we are hoping to start ttc end of October! Exciting times! I am 29 years old, Anyone else looking for October buddies!?? xx

Hi sunshine, welcome!
I'm 29, soon to be 30 in two weeks!
DH and I have been married for just over one year and have been off bc for about 2 weeks now, I am on cd7 so am due theoretically to ovulate end of this coming week!
This will be our first and I CAN'T wait - so excited!

Will this be your first? Gender preference at all? X

Hi Soniamillie! thanks for the reply- took me so long to build up courage to post!
Finally time has almost come around, the last year we have been waiting seems forever! this will be our first baby, it's such an exciting time! Pretty much all i am thinking about at the moment! Its amazing! So close for you both too- are you trying this month then- good luck lots of baby dust! :baby:
I'm on CD 6 at the moment they vary though between 30-35 days so can get a bit confusing lately, were just planning to cover all bases!
Do you have any gender preferences- we have no pref!
Thanks for the reply :)- can I add you as a buddy? xxx

Yes of course, add away, we hope to be testing early October so fingers crossed for us both. We are close in terms of cd's, although I don't know how long my cycles are as have not had one post bc yet - I know ppl say should have one before trying but were just up for seeing what happens.

We would eventually like one of each, DH would like a boy as #1 and originally we was only going to have one but I definitely want a girl at some point, I have this mother daughter ache so he knows if we have a boy this time we will definitely be having another. Don't get me wrong I would love a boy to and like the thought of an older brother, but have this urge for a daughter.

Have you been on bc?

Thanks! :) wishing you loads of luck for October- were prob going to start end of Oct so hope test mid November!

We are really close cd wise just noticed that! fingers crossed for your early Oct testing- if not we can test together November!

I was on Cerazette for about 2 years on and off, i stopped taking that quite some time ago prob a year or so now! Didnt really get on very well with the pill!

We'd like two childrenI think a boy and a girl would be great, I know what you mean about mummy/daughter that is special! One of each definate aim! :)

Wishing you all the luck for this month hun!!! x

Thanks hun, yes if not we'll be testing again November so hopefully together. I was on Cilest for about 24 yrs so not expecting cycles to return v quickly although you never know! My dctr says I'm likely to be very fertile this ovulation (if ovulate) due to coming off pill.

Have you started any pre conception mess? Folic acid etc?

Your very welcome, heres hoping we both get those lovely bfps very soon (would love to be pregnant by christmas thats our aim- hope thats not too unrealistic!!) My other half works on the rigs so he is away for 5 months of the year 2 weeks offshore then 3 weeks at home, so all i know he is home at the right time until Feb time then not going to be easy! Bit of added pressure there- so lets hope we are lucky by xmas!)
I hope your cycle gets back to normal quickly, i have heard that meant to be super fertile after stopping bcp! sounds promising!!!! :) Why do they say wait a month is it to do with accurate dating on the ultrasound scan??
I am taking the pregnacare conception vitamin at the moment but may go back to the regular folic acid! Are you taking folic acid?
I have started cutting caffeine so bough decaf tea and coffee and trying to eat more healthily! I havent been very healthy today though, managed to eat a whole pack of popcorn watching tv! Yikes!!! xx

Yes I was on just folic acid but am now on a pre conception vitamin with folic acid,
It's only from asda but seems to have a good level of rda, all above 200%. I'm currently having jabs at doctors as I have low b12, I went to doctors about pre conception health and GP done some tests and that came back low, was 140 should be 190-600, so have to have 6jabs over three weeks, have two more left and then re blood test to make sure it's make up!

Ah yes does put some extra pressure on, a Christmas announcement would be amazing! In a way I hope we conceive this cycle but wouldn't be too worried if not,
My sister gets married in June next year in Cyprus and if we did conceive this cycle would be due the 18 June, she gets wed 22nf so wouldn't be able to go as think most airlines stop allow you to fly at 7 months.

It's weird not taking bc! I brought a good book yesterday 'fertility and conception, the complete guide to getting pregnant'! Ive nearly finished it and is a v good read!

Oooh I may have a look in Asda for that one- the pregnacare one is around £9 so it quite steep (i work in the nhs! lol!))

Good luck with the jabs, that's good they gave you a good pre conception check up- gives you peace of mind! I went to see the nurse at our surgery and she said they don't do pre conception checks as such- she just gave me general advice and said to take folic!!

Christmas announcement would be great, would be the best ever (although lovely is offshore this xmas :(

The Cyprus wedding sounds amazing, i think the airlines are strict towards the end, so you may be going then or you may not?- time will tell!! All depends on the next month!

The book you recommend sounds good- i may google that thanks for the tip!!
xx

In asda they are £4.50, for 45, so quite good I thought as seem to contain the same as the leading brand ones but half the price! Yes my GP has been good,
I nee to lose some weight which I am working on so hoping it will all fall into place!

I got the book in waterstones but would be cheaper on the net, I paid £14.99 for it! A good read so if you can pick up a cheap copy definitely recommend it x

Definately, I will be popping up to Asda and getting some of those- thats a really good price for 45 days too! You get 30 tablets with the pregnacare!

I need to loose some weight, its not easy though, like you say everything will fall into place! xx

Yes, let's hope so, I'm off to bed now as have been up since 6am (early BD'ing ;) ) and have a 6.30am alarm call for my morning mile swim! Joy.
Chat tomorrow x

Welcome sunshine, glad to have more buddies for October! And Soniamillie-I am planning on a Christmas announcement too! Thinking of wrapping a gift for mom and a gift for dad-specifically outfits that say grandma and grandpa on them. I am soo excited and hope we all get a chance to announce our 3 month pregnancy around then!

Morning ladies! :)

Well I'm not feeling too good today. I've had a bad cold for a week now and it seems to be getting worse. All I'm doing is sneezing and blowing my nose!! lol And on top of that I'm thinking my first AF after BCP is on its way - got quite sore nipples (which I never remember having before) and slight cramping. PLUS I woke up this morning with conjunctivitis in my left eye. Not nice. Other than that though, I'm good! lol I'm hoping AF will come soon so that I can actually start to track my cycle. Either that or a BFP!! lol Still no luck on the job front either but I'm on a mission today so fingers crossed!!

Hope you're all good x

LADIES! AF is due Friday and it's ON after that! I really hope it comes on time. Wish me lots of luck and babydust!!!!!!!! And send me non-ectopic vibes, please :winkwink:

Good luck to all of you! :dust:

LADIES! AF is due Friday and it's ON after that! I really hope it comes on time. Wish me lots of luck and babydust!!!!!!!! And send me non-ectopic vibes, please :winkwink:

Good luck to all of you! :dust:

So exciting it will be the start of your new cycle-good luck! I am still unsure if I will be ovulating the 28th (next wednesday), or getting AF, or not getting AF due to a BFP comming around the corner! Will find out soon!

Baby dust to all!:dust:

Morning ladies! :)

Well I'm not feeling too good today. I've had a bad cold for a week now and it seems to be getting worse. All I'm doing is sneezing and blowing my nose!! lol And on top of that I'm thinking my first AF after BCP is on its way - got quite sore nipples (which I never remember having before) and slight cramping. PLUS I woke up this morning with conjunctivitis in my left eye. Not nice. Other than that though, I'm good! lol I'm hoping AF will come soon so that I can actually start to track my cycle. Either that or a BFP!! lol Still no luck on the job front either but I'm on a mission today so fingers crossed!!

Hope you're all good x

And hope you get back to good health so you can be less stressed and get your BFP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->