WTT with a view to TTC in Sept/Oct/Nov - looking for a TTC buddy!

Hi MaznDave hope you had a great holiday and welcome back.
We've got two of our nieces staying tonight, one is 12 and the other is 3 nearly 4 and seeing Ella, the youngest with my DH brought a v v v happy tear to my eye. She has always been an uncle Steve's girl (that's my DH) and he is amazing with her but since the whole NTNP / ttc something has changed in him, for the better, although I didnt think anything could change as he is perfect! They'll be in our bed tonight why I end up in one of the spare rooms. Just v happy about the future! We also talked about gender earlier and said I have always had this need to have a little girl and if we had a boy, which I would also love, I would definitely want another to try and have a girl.
Some people say we should be happy with either as long as healthy as we so will be bit have this deep longing to have a girl. I think it's because I have such an amazing relationship with my mum, we're like best friends and I want to pass that onto our daughter. So he has agreed to two LO - me = :)

hello ladies :flower:

Sorry I've been AWOL for a few days! Hope everyone's doing ok? Welcome back Elz and Mazndave!! Woah time's flying!! I can't believe some of you are NTNP already eeee!! Mandave our name choices are so similar it's uncanny! Freya-Rose is our girl and a boy will be Noah, Finlay or Leo - Jenson and Reuben are on our middle names list - we have good taste :haha: I'll upload the photo of the blanket tomorrow if I can!! Definitely buy the t-shirt hehe

How's everyone finding being off the pill (those who have stopped) ? I've been having lots of cystic acne, greasy hair, stomach cramps - urgh. It seems to have settled down a bit now, I'm coming up to my second natural period (hopefully the last one for 9 months!!)

Soniamillie I have a deep longing for a daughter too - I hope the next one is a girl (though will be equally delighted with a boy) but if it's another boy we'll more than likely try again for a girl!

I hope time flies til mid October when we properly TTC. I start my new job Monday so time should go quite quickly as I'll be busy getting to grips with my new role etc..

xx

Hi Ladies. So right before I went off to work for a little tn, DH told me he had good news and to stop taking my b/c! Funny enough I just popped in the last pill for the first week for BC so I had 2 weeks of hormone pills and a week of sugar pills left. I am in my fertile period now, so I hope I start ovulating ASAP! If not, there is always next month when we had planned on starting anyway :thumbup: SOOO I am now in the NTNP for this month with you ladies, WAHOO!!!!! :happydance:

Hia im 20 years old and planning to come off the pill in oct/nov this year. My OH is 22 and we have been together 3 years and live together in our own house. We are both ready to be parents, despite being a little young. Would love some bump buddies to go through this experience with xx

Hi Smudge, welcome! Age is but a number, if your ready your ready! So will this be your first? Any gender preference? Any names?

My AF made het appearance this morning so this is my normal BC 'period' and will hopefully be one of the last I see for a while. So onwards with the cycle counting and NTNP / tttc, I think my ovulation (assuming cycle returns to 28 days, was pretty consistent before BC) will be 24th sept ish?????? Is that right - roughly 14 days isn't it? Although going to try and have a normal cycle before properly ttc as doctor days best so have an AF date to date LO from but if it happens it happens!

SoniaMillie - This will be our first yes and we don't really have a gender preference. I will be coming off pill in about a month or so, and hope to have a normal period before conceiving, but we will be NTNP and see what happens. Excited but nervous. Will this be your first one??? Good luck trying x
Ps. still getting used to all the 'letters' like TTC so trying to make sense of what is being said

Oh I know there are so many abbreviations. There is a list of them all on here somewhere, I took a photo of them all on my phone to remind me! Yes this will be our first, I've just finished my BC pill which have been on for 14 yrs so hoping AF returns to normal v v v quickly! Very excited x

Yay, welcome smudge! And Soniamillie-I hope for no more :witch: for you, and all other ladies who are NTNP, wahoo!!

Hi everyone!

I will also be TTC during the next few months. I stopped taking my BCP on the 27th Aug, had my normal withdrawal period the week after so now just waiting for my first natural period before the fun can start!

Did any of you visit your gynae of GP before TTC? I don´t live in the uk anymore and over here (Spain) i´ve heard quite a few people say that it´s normal to get a routine check up done, bloods taken etc beforehand. I´d rather people didn´t know that we are going to be trying for a baby so reluctant to ask anyone over here about what to do. x

Hi miss malteser - welcome and good luck with the ttc!

Yes I've had a check up, had bloods done and b12 came back as abnormal so now on 6 injection course of them to ensure levels are right to conceive - helps with early fetal development. Also had all other base line bloods done - urea, creatine, liver function, thyroid, iron, blood count etc. Could you visit a Doctor there for testing?

Thanks Soniamillie01. I´ll make an appointment with the gynae this week. I can´t believe this is all actually happening!! x

I know it's so exciting isn't it? I haven't had a gyno appointment as all my recent tests for that i.e smear etc have been fine so literally have had bloods and have started taking folic acid - that's all the doctor recommended really, been taking it for a month I guess - are you taking it too?

I've finished my bc now and on with 'fake' AF now so hopefully from next week we will be TTC!!!! We are hoping to go away at the end of
September so maybe conceive then!!!!

When I went for my last smear about 4 months ago I mentioned to the nurse that we were hoping to start trying within the next 6 months ago and she gave me a prescription for 5mg/day of folic acid to start taking a month before TTC. Reading around it seems that´s quite a high dosage. How much are you taking?

Mine is the lower one, 4mg I think (200% of rda). I think the 5mg are only availae on prescription and are usually giving to those who have a history or family history relating to early stage pregnancy problems, spina bifida (sp ?), miscarriage although I could be wrong. I don't think it's harmful so would definitely start taking it now if thinking of ttc over the next few months, my GP said Atleast three months before she would normally recommend anyone of child bearing age to take it just incase.

I am also taking 4mg as well. I went to my high risk preconception visit today and loved the doctor. She has great humor to make DH and I feel more comfortable and less nervous! It sounds like I just need to wake a week or two, then get some genetic testing. I hope all my tests go well and to have no bad carrier genes!

It seems like 4mg is pretty much what everyone takes apart from over here! As long as there are no side effects I´ll just stick to the 5mg, for now anyway. Thanks for your help!

Yes sounds like a plan! I had some tummy aches but just switched to evening and take with dinner and all fine.

Almosthere - glad the dctr is nice, when are the tests? Hope all goes well. They seem to test women ttc for much more over there compared to here, which is good in my mind!

I have to wait a week before scheduling tests because of paper work, so probably in the next 2 to 3 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->