WTT with a view to TTC in Sept/Oct/Nov - looking for a TTC buddy!

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one!!

The nursery that I want is pretty much the same whether it's a girl or a boy, with just a few different bits. I want grey walls- prob sounds really dull but I've seen it before and it looks lovely. I want all accessories in bright colours like green, yellow, orange, turquoise and pink etc, and the grey walls give a great background to make them stand out. I want a white cot and furniture, which I've pretty much picked out already, and then the theme is going to be 'wise owls and love birds'!

I want a massive wall decal for the main feature wall, with a white tree with multicoloured owls and birds. Will do a really swirly type tree if it's a girl, and a more simple one if it's a boy. There is some blue and orange owl bedding I like in Dunelm, although I'm sure it won't be there by the time I need it! For a girl I've seen a toddler duvet set with owls which I'd sew into a smaller cot set.

On another wall I want lots of multicoloured picture frames with baby picturess of me and OH, nanas and grandads, aunties and uncles etc, which will surround pictures of scan & bump, and a baby pic when it's born....
I also want a multi coloured chandelier for the light fitting, absolutely love them.

See, I said I knew exactly what I wanted!!:blush:

Hi all, I've just read the entire thread and thought I'd join as I'll be finishing my pill in 6 days and will be NTNP from then on! I am so excited that me and hubby are finally ready for a baby. We've been together for 7 years and married for 3 months. We're both 23 years old and can't wait to actually start trying!
I get so excited when baby adverts come on the tv, and it's taking a lot of self control to not start buying things already!!
I'm not sure what birth control you're all using but I'm on cerazette and I've heard that coming off that is a bit traumatic (I have everything crossed that it won't be!) but thought it would be nice to share our experiences!
xxx

Welcome Elz!! That's great :happydance: I'm 23 in October. It's soo exciting isn't it?! I've found coming off Yasmin quite smooth (been on and off it for 5 years) my period has been much heavier this month and I've been very very moody and snappy - eek. I've been working out some dates and we'll probably try to avoid getting PG in September but really go for it in October. If we conceive in October it would be perfect :cloud9: I'm estimated to ovulate on Oct 22nd, giving a due date of early July 2012 :haha: Not that I'm looking too much into it or anything :blush:

Mazndave that sounds gorgeous!! I picture that in my head and it looks beautiful - really unique theme too.

For a girl I want pale pink walls, with a large pink tree decal on one wall as the main feature, and smaller pink butterflies and flowers on the other 3 walls, not many. I want a white cot-bed, white chest of drawers and wardrobe, a white toy chest with cut out hearts in it. Lots of pink and white photo frames, a pink chandelier, pink curtains and rug. I've seen bedding I like on Vertbaudet which sounds similar to yours I think - white with pink flowers, owls etc.

For a boy I want pale blue walls with his name in big wooden lettering on one wall as main feature. Blue gingham curtains, blue and white polka dot bedding, light-shade etc.. a big white fur rug, white furniture again.. Basically the same but lots of baby blue accents instead of pink.

Oh I hope it happens for us all in October (or before!) [-o< I say I want to go with the flow - but when I really think about it, I want it right now :haha:
xx

Hi Elz, sounds like your definitely on the sam page as the rest of us, the more the merrier! I'm on Cilest and have 9 pills to go! I too am sooo excited to be actually starting to NTNP soon and so is hubby, he gets all coey over tv ads which is lovely!

I've been to dctrs this morning re pre pregnancy testing as some magazine mentioned it (I keep buying mags as my excuse for not buying baby bits,
See them as a pre baby education , he he). He has referred me for some bloods, just basic ones like urea, electrolytes, creatine, liver function, thyroid and b12 and folate so would recommend definitely asking your GP, also checking immunisation levels for rebella
Etc.

Happy to have another wtc buddy x

I want it right now too but just going to NTNP and see where we end up.
Ideally we would like Jan conception But happy if before.

MaznDave the grey sounds gorgeous - we have just redecorated our lounge in grey and it is gorgeous and works will so many other colours.

MissBroody - love the tree idea!

Thanks for the warm welcome :)
I haven't had a period since I've been on cerazette (Jan '09) so it's going to be a bit strange to start with, but I can't wait! I don't really mind when we conceive, but it would be nice to have a summer baby! Fingers and toes crossed!!
xxx

Welcome Elz! I've been on bcp for nearly 11 years now, so quite worried about how long my body will take to get back to normal after stopping. Just keeping our fingers crossed that everything goes to plan and there aren't too many hurdles to have to get over.

I’m glad you don’t think my nursery idea sounds hideous! I can picture it all in my head and it looks great in there, so hopefully it will look just as good in real life. No offence to anyone, but I love colour and design in a room, so the thought of a cream and beige colour scheme really bores me! MissBroody, your ideas sound lush too, so pretty and perfect for a baby. I love planning what it’s going to look like, so exciting! Can’t wait to get started.

Keep thinking how good it would be if I was pregnant now as could have the gender scan in time for the January sales and pick up lots of :pink:/:blue: bargains! I know it’s the right thing to do to wait though – hubby is self employed so we need to save as much as we can beforehand so that we still have enough money if he had a bad month. Got my sensible head on, even though my broody head is screaming, NOW NOW!!

I’ve seen quite a few bits on Vertbaudet that I like, got some nice things that are a bit different to other baby shops. Had a voucher code through for £15 off a £20 spend as well, so was very tempted to buy something! MUST.CONTROL.MYSELF.:dohh:

Ooh, I also saw a gorgeous bright pink sleeping bag yesterday at a local boutique, with a multicoloured owl and ‘twit twoo’ on it, I wanted it so badly! I couldn’t do it though as I know if I bought something pink I’ll be tempting fate and we’ll have a boy, and I’ll have wasted my money. Won’t be there anymore when I’m ready to buy it…..:cry:

Blimey, I don’t half ramble on don’t I?! This is because of us keeping it a secret so I have no one else to talk to about stuff yet. I bet poor hubby is sick to death of hearing about it all! He’s def excited about a baby, but I don’t think he’s really that interested about which exact shade of grey would look best for the walls, before we’re even expecting lol!

Thank god for this forum!
xxx

Yay, everyone's ideas sound amazing. I really enjoy the owl themed room with grey walls and bright colors-really neat! Tree ideas are fun too, and family photos everywhere. I love butterflies for a girl as well! I haven't really thought of details like you gal's, besides how to position the new furniture. I do know I want a dark wooden baby crib, and a beautiful, cozy rocking chair for rocking my baby to sleep. I can't wait to sing to my baby in that chair =). I also want babies name on the wall-i like the wooden lettering idea for a boy like one of you mentioned. I also love the new decals you can buy that stick on the wall but can come off-I would use those for a girl. I love teddy bears, so maybe a teddy/stuffed animal theme for a boy sounds nice.

As for BC, I'm on Ortho Tri Cyclen Low. I have been on it for about 5 years now-will let you know how going off it feels like!

Hi ladies,

Can I join you please? Hubby and I are trying for our second baby mid sept. We have a 20 mth old son and would like children quite close in age. With our 1st born I'd been on BC for 10 yes, I came off BC in sept, started trying in feb and fell pregnant in the march on my 2nd cycle. I'm hoping it will be quick again this time but you
never know!

I look forward to reading about your journey.

of course you can join! and congrats on your first bundle of joy! gender preference for your second??

Hi Emz, welcome! Congrats on your first and hope you fall as quick with your second.

X

Hi ladies,

Can I join you please? Hubby and I are trying for our second baby mid sept. We have a 20 mth old son and would like children quite close in age. With our 1st born I'd been on BC for 10 yes, I came off BC in sept, started trying in feb and fell pregnant in the march on my 2nd cycle. I'm hoping it will be quick again this time but you
never know!

Of course!!! I remember you from the pregnancy and baby/toddler boards I think? My son will be 17/18 months old when we try for our second - we want them quite close in age too :) I fell pg before I'd had my first natural period after coming off BC last time, so praying we're that fortunate this time round - I would be thrilled to fall pg on our first try in October :cloud9: Hope it's quick for us all! Welcome on board to this exciting journey :flower:

xx

of course you can join! and congrats on your first bundle of joy! gender preference for your second??

Thank you ladies. During my first pregnancy I was just a lurker on this forum. It wasn't until my son was born I became a more active member so I look forward to getting to know you all :flower:

I don't know about gender of our 2nd. I am a real tomboy and love having a boy and would not mind one bit having a 5 a side team. But I think it would be nice to have a girl. Ooooh I don't know :dohh: You've really made me think now lol

I see most of you ladies say you will find out the gender! I am going against the grain and we will not be finding out x x

Oooh forgot, can I requst you as TTC buddies? Never had a buddy before lol :blush:

Hi ladies,

never know!

Of course!!! I remember you from the pregnancy and baby/toddler boards I think? My son will be 17/18 months old when we try for our second - we want them quite close in age too :) I fell pg before I'd had my first natural period after coming off BC last time, so praying we're that fortunate this time round - I would be thrilled to fall pg on our first try in October :cloud9: Hope it's quick for us all! Welcome on board to this exciting journey :flower:

xx

Harrison is so cute :flower:

Sure request away =) And I think it is amazing how couples/single moms can wait to find out the gender, I think it would drive me mad. I feel I could only do this if I already had a boy and girl and had all I needed in preparation for both! I would love a boy first, then a girl and boy in either order =) But of course health is what is most important.

Oh and announcement, today the :witch: came as expected of course, so hopefully I will only be seeing one more the end of September! Also, I finally got my prenatal pills and folic acid. I have to take 4 folic acid in 1 day, and I almost passed out when I saw how HUGE the prenatal pill is. Thank gosh I only need one a day. They have omega-3 and other stuff....anyone have trouble swallowing these huge prenatals, or are yours regular sized? My husband thinks it's hilarious-I'm sure he can't wait to see my struggles with these! Hope we all don't get an upset stomach from them as I've heard stories!

Hi Emz, welcome aboard!!

I was a lurker on here for a month or so before I joined, but it's great to read about everyone's journeys and I'm looking forward to the months ahead where I'll (hopefully) be posting all about my pregnancy!! It would be fantastic if everything went as planned for all of us and we can carry on talking right the way through from bump to baby.

Is it just me though, or is anyone else a little scared/nervous? I know you 2nd timers won't be so much, but for the ones that are planning #1? I know that my life is going to change completely when we have a LO, and even though I know that it will be a good change in most ways, and there is no experience better than having your own child and the love you feel for them, I can't help but be nervous! Just the thought of someone else's life basically being in your hands, having to provide for them, care for them and protect them, learning to put yourself second after years of coming first?! It scares me a little - what if I'm rubbish at it??!! I really want to be a good mum, not like some that I know that you somethimes wonder if they give a sh*t:wacko:

xxx

Hi mazndave, I totally understand where you're coming from. It's a completely new experience which we can't really prepare ourselves for, but we just have to learn as we go! I know a lot of people say your maternal instincts will kick in once baby is born, but I worry if mine will and that I won't have a clue what to do! Eventhough I am a tad scared, I am so excited that for most of the time I don't even think of the scary stuff! I just think to myself "if those young girls on 'Underage And Pregnant' can do it, so can I!"
x

I keep hopping on and off BnB but when I sit down properly I'll add the rest of you as TTC buddies in my siggy :)

Thank you Emz :) so is Kai! I would love another little boy too, I'm more of a 'boy mum' than I thought! But dreaming of a girl also :cloud9:

almosthere - I'm at the end of my period now, and because I have sucky 35 day long cycles it means waiting an extra week each month for O :( else we'd probably be starting to TTC right at the same time! So we both hopefully have one more :witch: before trying (and hopefully getting pg) :happydance:

mazndave - yes, I'm sooo nervous!! Maybe moreso than before because I know what to expect with labour/newborn days etc and know how hard it is :haha: and also - I have nooo idea how I'll manage a toddler and a baby? It's obviously done by many women but the thought is scary! I can understand you feeling nervous - that feeling of being solely responsible for a little person is so overwhelming isn't it?! But these fears will be nothing but a distant memory as soon as baby comes. You will know exactly what to do and you won't remember life before baby was here! The fantastic outweighs how hard it is 100 times over :flower:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->