WTT with Low Ovarian Reserve

oliv

Reaction score
Hi!!

So a bit of background I'm 29 married with two kids.

Before having DD I had fertility tests done to check my egg levels (AMH) which showed me at a level of 13.5 at age 24. So we decided to have DD and DS close together. We then planned to TTC in 2019 but recently I have been having early periods, short periods, long periods and no periods so decided to have my AMH levels checked again.

Today I got the results 7.09 at age 29! So the fertility clinic will be ringing me on Monday to discuss the results and what to do next. (Nice of them to leave me thinking about it over the weekend!!!)

DH and I have had a chat and decided to bring our TTC date forward to September/October this year but will wait to see what the clinic says first.

I know I'm very lucky to have the two kids I have but the thought of never having another kills me. I also know these results don't mean I wont have more kids but it certainly wont make it easy.

Anybody else been here?

i cant relate but i wanted to say i read and i'm here if you need to talk<3

My sitatuion is similar

My AMH at last check was 11 at age 29 I know it will have dropped by now I also have blocked tubes.
I've had multiple loss but no living children
I'm not entitled to NHS treatment and currently can't afford any more private treatment so have recently came to the conclusion that maybe I'm just not meant to be a mum and it's a horrible thought.

If you ever need to chat I'm here feel free to message me
Hugs xxx

Thanks everybody. A consultant from the fertility clinic is ringing me today between 12-1 to discuss the results.

I have been told I will be infertile within 12 months!! Our plan is to have eggs frozen but to also start TTC

I have been told I will be infertile within 12 months!! Our plan is to have eggs frozen but to also start TTC

Wow I'm so sorry
I hope things work out how you wish and you get pregnant once you start ttc xx

May I ask where you got AMH test? I've been trying to have one done and was told i have to go private? Are you in the Uk?

May I ask where you got AMH test? I've been trying to have one done and was told i have to go private? Are you in the Uk?

Hi, I'm in Dublin Ireland. I got it done in a fertility clinic called SIMS. It cost €160

Hi, I'm in Dublin Ireland. I got it done in a fertility clinic called SIMS. It cost €160

Thank you. Sorry to butt in on your post lol it's just hard to know where to go with so many online x

Thank you. Sorry to butt in on your post lol it's just hard to know where to go with so many online x

Odd socks are you in the UK? If so you can ask your GP to complete it some will some won't
Some private clinics will do just an AMH for you at a low cost but sometimes it's more beneficial to have a fertility check "MOT" package completed. Hope this helps :flower:

Odd socks are you in the UK? If so you can ask your GP to complete it some will some won't
Some private clinics will do just an AMH for you at a low cost but sometimes it's more beneficial to have a fertility check "MOT" package completed. Hope this helps :flower:

Hi, yes I'm in the UK. I asked my old GP and he didn't even know what AMH was! Lol I won't be seeing him again.
That does help thank you, I had looked online but was lots of places offering it but wanted to make sure it's genuine.
I'm in my 30s now and have alot of premenopausal symptoms so I really want it checking before it's too late m

There is no evidence that I am aware of that they could use to say you'll be infertile within a year of an amh reading of 7! Yes that is quite low for your age and if you want more children you would be best advised to ttc asap but no one can say how quickly your fertility will decline or at what point you would be infertile. There are many many many cases of spontaneous pregnancy ending in live birth after an undectable level of amh!

I had a spontaneous pregnancy first month ttc in 2011 which ended in my dd. 18 months later my amh was 3 so I doubt it was as high as 7 when I conceived and I was not infertile within a year as I concieved twice after that and had another baby.

Good luck on your journey, I hope bfp happens quickly for you. Ps maybe read up on DHEA, it has helped lots of people with low amh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->