ww or sw? any advice?

Tesa

Reaction score
hi

i need urgently to do something about my weight my question is ww or sw? i have tried ww in the past and never really get into it for long but thats more me and my lack of will power i think.

Id like to try something different but cant get to the sw classes near me due to the times they are on whereas ww is easy to get to.

any advice from people who have tried both? can you do sw online and if so is it any good or do you really need the meetings to make the most of it?

Thx

Hey,

I don't know much about WW but I have a friend that has been with SW for 8 month, lost five stone and dropped from a size 24 to a 14.

She eats well, never hungry and loves the food she eats. That combined with walking rather than exercising and she's doing fabulous.

I, along with a lot of women on here, use www.myfitnesspal.com to track calories, weight, exercise and what not.

Good luck. X

When ever i read stories about women that lose lots it's normally always on SW!

I've done both and I definitely found SW easier. You can eat loads and it really doesn't feel like a diet. The first week I was there I spent the whole week saying "there's no WAYYYYY I'm ever losing weight on this, I've done nothing but eat!!" and when I weighed in I'd lost 5.5lbs!!

Losing weight is a very different experience for everyone. The type of diet that works for one person will not necessarily work for another person of the same height, weight and lifestyle.

The two most traditional diets each have great flexibility and fit different lifestyles.

Weight Watchers gives ability to eat anything you want in moderation suits a lot of people because you don’t have to give up anything at all just moderate what you do have

Slimming World allows the mixing and matching different food types in unlimited quantities allowing those with a big appetite to maintain volume whilst eating healthily and the syns allow indulgence in the nice things

On both these diets you can do as much exercise as you want and if you’re following the plan religiously you’ll lose weight.

For some people the flexibility of these diets is the downfall in them, you kid yourself you’re ‘on plan’ when actually you’re cheating it, one glass of wine is half a bottle (assuming you have a big glass and you didn’t really go that over when you got the munchies late at night and had that little cheese sandwich where the 28g of cheese wasn’t weighted out it’s judged by eye because you ‘know’ how big 28g is :winkwink:)

I first started to ‘lose weight’ with weight watchers around 1998 weighing 14st 2lbs, lost a stone and a half plateaued stopped then rejoined a little later at 15st, repeat process add a stone to previous WW start weight then slimming world – repeat process, add another stone to the SW start weight and back to weight watchers. I learnt a big fat nothing :wacko:

For every person it’s personal I have a friend who lost a similar amount to me but with WW and she has maintained for a couple of years now, it worked really well for her with her lifestyle and with 2 young boys she’s very active.

For me what actually finally worked was my rapidly approaching wedding day and doing the Cambridge diet, I started in November 2010 at a massive 17st 5lbs and at size 20 morbidly obese with joint problems unable to climb stairs without being at the brink of exhaustion. I had dietary problems and allergies to pretty much everything. In short at the age of 38 and yet to have kids had I even ‘been’ able to I would have probably been unlikely to see them leave school let alone marry and have their own kids. :cry:

As of June 2011 I’ve been maintaining at 12st +/- 3lbs and a size 10/12 all over. I’m living a normal life and eating and drinking normally (well like normal people who aren’t fat do – not like I used to which wasn’t normal at all) Losing the weight wasn’t a magic button, I’ve accepted that I got that fat because I’m the food version of an alcoholic and whilst I don’t ‘diet’ now I’m never going to be able to stop ‘watching my diet’ if that makes sense ???

Hope it this helps with some thoughts about the types of diet out there and maybe provides a little inspiration from my experience. However you chose to lose weight it’s bloomin hard and not for the faint hearted

If you want to see some scary pictures of before / during / after drop me a PM :flower:

Im a WW girl, I found SW really restrictive on anything that wasn't 'free'.

WW still allows me to eat healthily, but I can also have that bit of choc, or a glass of wine. It's changed recently and it's alot better than it used to be

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->