Wythenshaw hospital - what was it like for you?

Abitheblue

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Just wondering if any of you have had your babies at wythenshaw? I am 100% going there and from all my mates I hear its great, but wanted to hear other peoples experience? (just curious)

Also, the only big thing I am wondering is I really really want a waterbirth but panicking that when I tip up they won't be any available.(I know that if anything goes wrong I won't be able to have one) Has this happened to any of you? If so what happened?

Thanks in advance

I had my firt son at Wythenshawe

The care on the labour ward was fantstic..... couldn't fault it

I wanted but couldn't have a water birth in the end due to medical factors but I know there are only a couple of pools so if they are being used or waiting to be cleaned or not enough staff, it's tough luck, I'm afraid. :nope:

I'd bargain for not getting a pool, then if you do it's a bonus :happydance:

Just to add, I thought the care on the ante natal and post natal ward was very poor. (I had to wait whilst in labour for several hours on the ante natal ward for a bed on labour suite to come up; the midwives were rubbish and left me with out pain relief or monitoring for ages despite asking)

The midwives on the post natal ward were rushed and not really concerned or helpful with breast feeding.
So much so I am going to another hospital this time

Hope you have a better experience

:hugs:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back