X-rays whilst pregnant

ree

Mummy to a little boy
Reaction score
Hi, well we've been to Essex for a weekend break to my sisters and whilst there i had an accident and injured my wrist, i attended hospital and they said it was prob broken and as I'm preg they would not x ray me and put me in a cast to be safe. After attending the fracture clinic today at my local hosp they have said they will leave it in a cast for 2 weeks then if still sore they will xray it. Don't know what to think as getting conflicting advice from 2 different doctors about the safety of xrays , hhas anyone else had xrays whilst pregnant? Thanks for reading xx

You shouldnt have an x-ray while pregnant ....I had one at 34 wks but only bcos the risks to baby at that stage are min and the risk if i didnt hav one could of been life threatening x

Hiya,

I've heard that the risk is minimal as the amount of radiation isn't high and exposure isn't prolonged. I had an x-ray a couple of weeks before my BFP and was really worried so I researched it. Did you have the lead apron on? If so you should be fine, I would discuss this with your MW anyway just to get some reassurance. The main danger is if it was an abdominal x-ray or something.

:hug:

I had about 17 xrays when 18 weeks pregnant. The risks are very minimal, and they will cover your bump with lead aprons to protect the baby. I'm surprised they didn't xray it the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->