x

Just found this template letter on money saving expert. Make sure you send it recorded. If they continue to call you, tell them you'll go to the police for harrassment. Hope this helps :)

-------

Company Name
Road
Town
City / County
Postcode

FORMAL COMPLAINT - HARASSMENT BY TELEPHONE.

Account Number:XXXXXX

Dear Sirs,

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls.*(Delete if necessary)*

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Please treat this also as a formal complaint under the procedures set out by the Financial Ombudsman (FOS). As such, you are required to send me a copy of your company complaints procedure.

Furthermore, please note that the FOS consider it 'unfair' for you to continue with phone calls when requested not to do so.

Also the OFT consider it an unfair practice for you to ignore my legitimate wishes on how to contact me, for example where the debtor requests contact only via written letter or email, so I now demand that you cease any phone calls forthwith.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

This issue is not negotiable. Any further phone calls will be logged, treated as harassment and reported to the authorities as such.

Yours faithfully,

(type don't sign)

Obviously, you can edit it to meet your own needs, but the important bits are there :)

I've got caller I'D so I can see straight away if its a company number ie 0845, 0800, "unknown" or "international" and I just ignore the call :)

Im juswondering weather it is really british gas or mayb someone else.. From my experience the international calls tht arent necessarily tht company tend to get pissy and hang up when we say no.. Where as the real reputable companies jus go k thnx bye.. Thts what made me questipn as well asthe volume of calls. Btw i dnt work for british gas! Another when we first moved into our old flat for like 2 mnths we go alot about switchinh over then it stopped. Bg sentsomeone twice.. They always stated why they were contacting. From what u have saud they r not.
B careful a from what uhave said imo tht i dnt think it s bg.
Look into x directory with ur phone provider

Jus thinking.. Ribg bg urself to verify it is them they have a 0800 no.. Re reading ur thing i really dnt think tht is genuine

My work colleague was harassed by them & it wasn't even to do with her house - it was about her parents :S in the end she told them if they phoned her again shed go to the police lol

Hope you get it sorted
:hugs:

Cx

Thank you everyone and thank you so much PiggyWinkle for that template, i will definitely be using it! :hugs:

Me! I saved their number as British gas on my phone and I just don't answer it. I also do this if anyone phones saying they got my number from Emma's diary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->