x

Oh lordy! I'm in day 10 of my first period on cerazette and I'm already considering stopping lol

Only you can decide if you think it's worth trying to stick with it. Personally I'm coming straight off it the second I've lost enough weight to go back on the combined pill. At least I know with them, I get a certain amount of control, a 28 day cycle, withdrawal bleeds and all that. I can't stand the uncertainty of cerazette.

When I was prescribed it I was told to expect a lot of bleeding to begin with but to stick with it as it normally corrects itself. I bled for a couple of months constantly and gradually the time between bleeds got longer and I barely bleed at all any more. I say stick with it for another month or 2 and see how it goes.

I'm on this too....have had a 20 day period,i think its finally stopping....I'm thinknig about coming off it too.xx

I have been on this pill for over 3 years. I've had 4 periods total whilst on it,which I suspect were probably fertilised eggs that couldn't attach to the wall as the pill works by thining the lining and not stopping ovulation. If I bled all the time I'd come off it straight away!!

I tried it for two months while I was still breastfeeding but came off it as I couldn't handle the irregular bleeds that were heavier than normal (shame as my moods were great!).. I was told it might even out until there were pretty much no periods at all but I had just started a new relationship and wanted more control over my body so I waited until I stopped BFing and I have just started using Femodette -combined pill.. (never tried it before so will wait and see).. I was hoping the cerazette would be good so I could seamlessly switch over to the injection which I'm told is pretty much the same hormones but doesn't look like that will be the best thing for me.

I think as you have stuck with it so far then you should probably continue a little bit longer, but if it happens again I would probably stop and switch to something else.

Hope it works out xxxx

Haha being a man would solve most problems lol
I stopped bleeding yesterday after 16 days. Felt like forever but I guess it's nothing compared to yours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->