~xBi-racial Bumpsx~ *36 Babies Born & Counting!*

My DH laughs at me when I stress about my daughter's hair, she's not even here yet, and I want to know all I can. I didn't know about washing once a week, and using special brushes, etc. My best friend growing up was half black, and her mom didn't treat her hair accordingly, it was a mess. I will not have my daughter go through that, and my DH has shaved his head since I met him so I don't know what kind of hair he has, but he's telling me the consistancy of the hair in his family is the soft curls type, not the frizzy afro type, but I'm still going to educate myself regardless so my ignorance doesn't destroy her hair at a young age. I got a really bad perm at 12, and it psychologically damaged me until it grew out. The whole point is, I take stuff like that seriously because I want only the best for my daughter...I think sometimes we are afraid to ask these questions, but I feel there are no stupid questions, its better to know then not know. It just bothers me when my DH acts like I'm crazy when I bring up, "How should I raise my biracial daughter? How do I deal with this situation?" Am I stressing to much about it?

i think its fantastic that you are concerned about knowing what suits your child best!!

I'm happy to answer anything i can on mixed hair,or anythign else for that!!I think that it's important that you have some sort of idea,or at leas t awillingness to learn what to do!

My mum is white and had no clue what to do with my hair,and as a result i was bullied at school for messy,frizzy hair :(

xxx

My DH laughs at me when I stress about my daughter's hair, she's not even here yet, and I want to know all I can. I didn't know about washing once a week, and using special brushes, etc. My best friend growing up was half black, and her mom didn't treat her hair accordingly, it was a mess. I will not have my daughter go through that, and my DH has shaved his head since I met him so I don't know what kind of hair he has, but he's telling me the consistancy of the hair in his family is the soft curls type, not the frizzy afro type, but I'm still going to educate myself regardless so my ignorance doesn't destroy her hair at a young age. I got a really bad perm at 12, and it psychologically damaged me until it grew out. The whole point is, I take stuff like that seriously because I want only the best for my daughter...I think sometimes we are afraid to ask these questions, but I feel there are no stupid questions, its better to know then not know. It just bothers me when my DH acts like I'm crazy when I bring up, "How should I raise my biracial daughter? How do I deal with this situation?" Am I stressing to much about it?

i think its fantastic that you are concerned about knowing what suits your child best!!

I'm happy to answer anything i can on mixed hair,or anythign else for that!!I think that it's important that you have some sort of idea,or at leas t awillingness to learn what to do!

My mum is white and had no clue what to do with my hair,and as a result i was bullied at school for messy,frizzy hair :(

xxx

Cool, thats awesome. The debate that I'm having with DH are the products. I was told Pink Lotion is the best, and DH says baby oil. :saywhat:
A girlfriend of mine said "Pantene for People of Color" works good but don't get it in babies eyes because it will sting. My head is spinning!:wacko:

Our little princess is due Oct 9th :cloud9:

This is my 1st baby, but my older sis who is the same mix as me (white & black caribbean) has kids, so thought I'd post a pic of her & her son Jaxon who's dad is white, so u can see what a mixed 3/4white & 1/4 black caribbean kid looks like :D he's an absolute stunner, and looks just like my sis (altho he has stunning green eyes - gooooorgeous!!) xx

Attachments

• em+jaxon.jpg
    em+jaxon.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 22
  • jax.jpg
    jax.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 22
https://www.askheartbeat.com/talksmack/index.php?topic=163.0

If you guys have a minute, I want to get your opinion on this what this lady is saying. It chapped my ass a little, but I want to know how other biracial moms and moms-to-be feel about this subject. I wasn't looking to get into politics, I was "Googling" "Biracial Babies" on the net and came across this....

Cool, thats awesome. The debate that I'm having with DH are the products. I was told Pink Lotion is the best, and DH says baby oil. :saywhat:
A girlfriend of mine said "Pantene for People of Color" works good but don't get it in babies eyes because it will sting. My head is spinning!:wacko:

TBH hun i can't advise which products would be best once you decide to stop using extra virgin olive oil, this is because it all depends on the hair type.

For example African Pride products are too heavy for my son,i occassionally use Pink products but i find them heavy also so i tend to just use olive oil spray.

As i mentioned before,the best thing you can do is use extra virgin olive oil until you feel comfortable using products,then take bubs to a stylist,or speak to whoever sells the products and try a couple out,i've found it trial and error!

xxx

xxx
thats sad! my mother is white ANd she did an awesome job with all my little sisters hair there hair is much more on the African american side than mine and she grease the hair right and wash it right and everything my little sisters ANd my self look adorable all bc she learn about what she needed to do also my step dad had an full black little girl and my mom did her hair too she looked just as cute! my mom refuse to have ppl call her babys nappy headed(i.e my fathers family!) so learning is good dont feel stupid! i see white mamas with little mix girls and the little girls hair is a mess i feel like telling let me do that babys hair! they treat there mixed kids hair as if its white ppl hair and its not theres a diff and u gotta treat and take care of it way diff. my sisters hair is now crappy bc they do not grease it like the need to they flat iron there hair EVERYDAY and they have beautiful curls! which is now all destroy!:dohh:my one sister has NEVER cut her hair and her hair length is right below her ears bc it kept breaking off so now her hair is short and she still doesnt take care of it right!

https://www.askheartbeat.com/talksmac...hp?topic=163.0
i hate the way she talks! but i didnt feel like i fit in with the white ppl at skool or the blk ppl i was a loner tho and i have two BFF one black and ones white and im there love child! lol to me if the baby is mixed with two races its bi racial! im blk and white im mixed! NOT JuST BLACK AND NOT JUST WHITE.but i identify with white ppl better bc my bio dad was never there i've only seen his family when i was young. i guess it might have to do with which particular ethnic group the baby grows up with thats who he or she will identify with. i believe i did have social and identity problems but as a young child it brothered me that i didnt look like my mother i wanted to be white. i hated my thick curly hair and skin tone and icky browns eyes i wanted straight thin hair and color eyes!like my mom and her family! so did my little sisters but now im happy with who i am

Our little princess is due Oct 9th :cloud9:

This is my 1st baby, but my older sis who is the same mix as me (white & black caribbean) has kids, so thought I'd post a pic of her & her son Jaxon who's dad is white, so u can see what a mixed 3/4white & 1/4 black caribbean kid looks like :D he's an absolute stunner, and looks just like my sis (altho he has stunning green eyes - gooooorgeous!!) xx

He's a cutie! :)

If you guys have a minute, I want to get your opinion on this what this lady is saying. It chapped my ass a little, but I want to know how other biracial moms and moms-to-be feel about this subject. I wasn't looking to get into politics, I was "Googling" "Biracial Babies" on the net and came across this....

That just pissed me the hell off! WTH is she/they to give that poor woman a hard time because she calls her child Biracial. DUH! The child IS Biracial!! Two different races combined in this child! Such dumb asses! :growlmad:

i love u april! yea it kinda ticked me that shes saying im black..im not im mixed and i am the only one who has the right to say what i am not her or anyone else.

i agree with these comment:
"The problem with saying that white/black mixed children are black instead of bi-racial is that to do so lends credence to the "one drop rule". And we all know that that rule is steeped in white supremacy and historically was in place to increase slave numbers through rape of black women by their white massuhs. While we may feel that it is empowering to claim these people as "black" and not "mixed" or "biracial", on the flip side they will never be accepted as "white" by the whites (with knowledge of their black parent) because their blood is seen by them as tainted. So how empowering is that in this system?

Talking about race as a biological construction is a slippery slope anyway. But given the horrible history behind the one drop rule, I've taken to calling these people bi-racial or mixed --never mulatto since that's a very negative and racist term like the "n" word --unless they say they're black -- or white."

Love you too Kayla! :hugs:

BTW Ladies, I would like to apologize ahead of time for I have not been lady like a lot here lately and have been using naughty words! *Sigh*

FYI, I NEVER normally swear and I am ashamed of myself! LOL Not lady like at all!

hiya, girls, not pregnant, so butting in here. i think its great you started it, although i dont think i have seen a group for mums that have mixed babies, only this one is pregnancy section.
my daughter is mixed, im white british and her dad is somalian. and although where im from there are alot of mixed children, i have yet to come across any the same mix as her.

all the pics of babies shared so far are beautiful! thought i would share a couple of my daughter :) x

Attachments

• newborn.jpg
    newborn.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 21
  • sophia1.jpg
    sophia1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 22
  • phia.jpg
    phia.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 22
  • mummy and phia.jpg
    mummy and phia.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 20

BTW Ladies, I would like to apologize ahead of time for I have not been lady like a lot here lately and have been using naughty words! *Sigh*

FYI, I NEVER normally swear and I am ashamed of myself! LOL Not lady like at all!

Me too, guilty as charged! I will try to say "behind" instead of "a$$" next time when I get a wee bit heated.

hiya, girls, not pregnant, so butting in here. i think its great you started it, although i dont think i have seen a group for mums that have mixed babies, only this one is pregnancy section.
my daughter is mixed, im white british and her dad is somalian. and although where im from there are alot of mixed children, i have yet to come across any the same mix as her.

all the pics of babies shared so far are beautiful! thought i would share a couple of my daughter :) x

she a doll! and she looks like a doll in all that pink! very pretty!:kiss:

She is Beautiful! :kiss:

Me too, guilty as charged! I will try to say "behind" instead of "a$$" next time when I get a wee bit heated.

I need to do the same! LOL

This woman is just stupid and ignorant and really ticks me off b/c she sounds just like the sob that is my babys father. A baby, not of one full ethnicity, is MIXED or BI-RACIAL no matter what she wants to ignorantly believe. I believe its also stupid b/c no matter what you mix with white, that other race's genes are going to be more dominant and just because of that doesn't mean that baby should just be considered one race. It's just so stupid. If the kid isn't going to fit it, its not going to fit in b/c it is neither black nor white. Although I don't think that quite holds true anymore. Even though there are still those ignorant racists people I think that there is so much mixing going on now that it's just really quite normal to see mixed children. Her whole rant really sounds racist, she of course had to bring up white supremency, but she is the idiot saying the baby is just black. She's one of those people that only hears one thing and won't let herself here or believe anything different. Her logic is so off. She believes that a black man and a black woman make a black baby, and a white man and a white woman make a white baby. Ok, yes that's how it goes. But she also wants to believe that a black man and a white woman make a black baby. Uh, no sorry. Ill sense of logic. And with that I go to bed b/c this woman has really made me annoyed and I don't want to go off on a bigger rant than I already have! :wacko:

I am Cambodian/Chinese/Vietnamese and DH is white/black, very mixed baby! He will definitely be a united nations delegation lol :D

I am 20 weeks pregnant with my half-haitian, half-romanian baby. :)
glad to see their are others! :)))

I had a look at the link posted by alaskanwhitec and I must say that woman in the link is STUPID! does she not realise that biracial means when two or more races mix/ combine to make a child! If a white person and a black person have a child the child is NOT just black! of course the child is mixed or Biracial! that woman really pushed my buttons! LOL...

i knew the woman would annoy me based on her views so i avoided clicking on the link, i saw it coming

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->