~xBi-racial Bumpsx~ *36 Babies Born & Counting!*

Lol that's the same reason I didn't click it. But I'm sure once I'm off of work, I'm not going to be able to stop myself from reading it.

Expect a rant from me as well soon. :rofl:

Well hello ladies! I figured I would share some pictures of my LO. I am white, and his father is black.

Attachments

• Joseph.jpg
    Joseph.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Joseph1.jpg
    Joseph1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Photo-0156.jpg
    Photo-0156.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 16
Uh, terribly excited about this thread as I´m a product of inter-racial parents myself and having babies with a white man. My mum is a black African and my dad a white German. My OH is Portuguese, so our twin babies will most probably be leaning more to the white gene poole. My first born was completely white, but I´m hoping my twins will have a darker skin tone just so that they at least look like mine :haha:

Nope, there's a few of us on here! I'm caucasian and DH is African American. I was on another site before I came to B and B, I had a pic of me and DH as my avatar, I was announcing my BFP, and someone made a racist joke. Had the nerve to ask me is I knew I was pregnant by sticking a banana in my vagina and asking if it had a bite in the end when I pulled it out! (I don't mean to offend anyone by mentioning this, I just wanted to share how cruel some people can be to biracial couples expecting on other sites.) I was horrified. I feel very accepted here and love to know they're are others. I'm glad you started this thread so we can all get to know each other.

Smh that was very ignorant of them :growlmad:

I think bi-racial love is a beautiful thing :happydance:

i knew the woman would annoy me based on her views so i avoided clicking on the link, i saw it coming

Yeah, I apologize if I started up anything. It upset me too, and the reason I even put the link in my post is because I've heard people say the same stuff in person, some of the crap coming out of that ladie's mouth shouldn't be taking seriously and sounded straight stupid. But I have some close black friends that have mentioned that they believe the reality of the situation is that a half black/half white person will most likely feel more comfortable identifying with other black people, and have told me to prepare for that. I don't want to believe my child should ever feel uncomfortable either way, and embrace both cultures. Even my husband tells me that its unlikely in society that it will go that way. So, being told that I'm "blind" in that aspect, I wanted to hear others opinions on what that lady and some of the other poster's were saying, because I disagree with them, and glad to hear other's do as well. But I don't want to be naive, either, if you understand. Thanks girls! Did not want to start controversy, these are thoughts and opinions that I'v had that I've been scared to bring up and I felt comfortable being able to bring them up with you guys, but I truly didn't mean to upset or offend. Much love to you all!

Don't have to apologize silly. :)

Anywho... Honestly when it comes to my baby girl. I really don't think I'll mind if she chooses to hang out more with one race over the other. If she prefers to hang out with black friends great. If she chooses to hang out with white friends more, that's great too. Yes I would love it if she embraced both cultures, and I'll be sure to raise her that way, but I won't force her if she doesn't want to. Of course I won't allow her to be against one, I will just let her make her choices if for some odd reason she ends up having a preference.

I'm just going to be sure that while she is a baby and growing up, I will introduce her to all cultures, and have both cultures a part of her life. That way she can judge for herself, what's best for her.

I just hope I'll be doing the right thing, and that she'll grow up loving both cultures and loving the fact that she comes from both sides and won't choose a side at all but embrace them both.

Is anyone else going to try and raise their baby the same way? To make sure while they're still babies that they will be around both kinds of cultures so they may have the same mentality when they grow up?

Oh, and let me make my post a little clearer.

I DON'T Want my baby to choose a side over the other. I WANT her to embrace both. But you never know how he/she will grow up. She may feel a little more comfortable embracing one over the other. And I'll be ok with that as long as she's happy... yet will still encourage her to embrace both.

im hving baby embrace all three! lol trying to get her bilingual toys and stuff

I really really wish that I cold have baby learn another language including English, because that is the best time for them to be able to pick up on it. But it stinks that I really don't know any other languages (I know, shame on me), so I'm afraid all of that learning she will do will all go to waste, because I won't be able to know what she's saying or be able to encourage it.

Unless.... It could be a fun way to interact with baby, is by trying to learn a new language with her. Just means I'm going to have to sit down with her for hours and hours of bilingual cartoons. Lol. We'll see how that works. When she starts passing me up on learning it... Oh mannn... talk about embarrasing! Lol. Well...My baby better be smarter than me anyways. :D

@ alaska no need to apologise, i will just be teaching my bubs to not be affected by racist ppl because they wil always be around preaching their beleifs

I really really wish that I cold have baby learn another language including English, because that is the best time for them to be able to pick up on it. But it stinks that I really don't know any other languages (I know, shame on me), so I'm afraid all of that learning she will do will all go to waste, because I won't be able to know what she's saying or be able to encourage it.

Unless.... It could be a fun way to interact with baby, is by trying to learn a new language with her. Just means I'm going to have to sit down with her for hours and hours of bilingual cartoons. Lol. We'll see how that works. When she starts passing me up on learning it... Oh mannn... talk about embarrasing! Lol. Well...My baby better be smarter than me anyways. :D

o i dont know Spanish! half my DH family is from mexico so they speak it and i want my baby to be able to speak with ALL her family :flower:

Great idea for a thread! I am white (Polish) and my OH is black. I'm due on November 16 with a baby boy! We found out early at 16 weeks so I really hope he's still got that hot dog at our 20 week ultrasound. I have read back over the thread and everyone's babies are gorgeous!! I also have a half white (Polish) and Vietnamese nephew. He's 2.

Attachments

• Dude at the Pool2.jpg
    Dude at the Pool2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 12
I am white the babies father is African american due date is Novemeber 29th

Great idea for a thread! I am white (Polish) and my OH is black. I'm due on November 16 with a baby boy! We found out early at 16 weeks so I really hope he's still got that hot dog at our 20 week ultrasound. I have read back over the thread and everyone's babies are gorgeous!! I also have a half white (Polish) and Vietnamese nephew. He's 2.

He's a cutie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->