Xbox one and xbox 360 help!!!!!

mel102

Reaction score
So I have bought my son lego dimensions for Xbox 360 for Christmas but now we are thinking of buying him an Xbox one for Christmas I have read somewhere that his old 360 games will work on the Xbox one but unsure if this is true can anyone confirm this?? He has infinity 3.0 on 360 will thus still work??

I thought my son said that 360 games will work on xbox one but I'm not sure myself.

Why not return it and get the Xbox 1 version?

There's just been a new update for Xbox one which will allow some 360 games to be played but not all, I'm sure there will be a list somewhere.

Why not return it and get the Xbox 1 version?
I have it more than 30 days so can no longer return. I could probably sell it though am just worried about all his other games I've bought him playsets for his infinity but it looks like his game won't work with the new Xbox :growlmad:

I feel the same with the PS4. My son's father is buying him a new one and letting him take the old one here but all the games here are for ps3! It's how they make money, the jerks!

You can play some 360 games on the Xbox One due to a new backwards compatibility feature, however I'd 100% exchange it to be safe. There's only a handful of 360 games that you can currently play on the One, and as Lego Dimensions has an Xbox One release, it will probably be ages before they update anything to make the 360 version backwards compatible (it's not something you'd expect from day one). Also I'm unsure if the portal would work on the One? The One version would also have superior graphics and performance.

360 Lego dimensions won't ever work with the Xbox One, they're different portals and hardware.

It won't work. Even with the new backwards compatibility. Sorry. If you can't return maybe try and exchange it but not to game they are cheap gits lol

I feel the same with the PS4. My son's father is buying him a new one and letting him take the old one here but all the games here are for ps3! It's how they make money, the jerks!

The PS3 games definitely don't work on the PS4 however I'm assuming he will bring the PS3 games he has to your house with the PS3?

^He has a PS3 here with games, and a PS4 at his dads. His dad is buying a new PS4 and sending the other one here but keeping the PS4 games he has there so J will have a PS4 here and no games... lol

^He has a PS3 here with games, and a PS4 at his dads. His dad is buying a new PS4 and sending the other one here but keeping the PS4 games he has there so J will have a PS4 here and no games... lol

That's bonkers, my only suggestion would be to trade in the PS3 using the money to buy new PS4 games.

That's what I've been thinking :) I can't afford $80 a game (maybe 1 but that's it)

Eve , Amazon have some great deals from time to time. I picked up a 40 pound Xbox one game this week for five pounds ! Subscribe to camel camel camel and wait for the games you like to drop. Maybe not helpful immediately but for long term purchases.

As you use dollars it makes it look even more expensive eeesh 80 bucks sounds outrageous. I get conversion but still yikes!

Id probably sell it on.
We're having the same as ds1 is getting the Xbox one for xmas, but least the younger ones will still get use from the 360 and games.

I hate spending that kind of money on video games lol At first we were going to get him a ps4 and it would have cost over $500! My budget was around $320.00 for him so I was worried. I'm glad his father is giving him the ps4 for that reason at least.

You can take the 360 game to any store and swap the game for the XBO version and pay the difference :) I'm gutted because we have a lot of DLC on our 360 HDD and will lose it all.

That's what I've been thinking :) I can't afford $80 a game (maybe 1 but that's it)

eBay them! That or hunt around for a local store that sells preowned. Also you'll find cheap indie titles available on the PS store. Joining Playstation Plus is well worth it too as you get free games every month. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->