XJessicaX birth story!!

XJessicaX

mum to two girls!
Reaction score
Ottilie was born 23:30 26/12/12. On phone so excuse typos! Came into hospital to be induced. Was given gel as i wanted a natural as much as possible labour and sometimes the gel is enough just to gently nudge a person into labour. I just started contracting painlessly by myself. Had waters broken at 20:45 as midwives just wanted to crack on with labour which suddenly made painless Braxton hicks turn into slightly painful contractions. Was told i didnt need to be monitored until i reached active labour so i would had 4 hours to myself and then I would need 1 on 1 supervision. At 2130 the contractions were strong so i started the TENS (amazing!) 22:00 they became painful and i started G&A, 23:00 they became unbearably awful and I asked midwife for epidural as I thought after only 2 hours of any proper contractions I would only be 4cm MAX, the pain was nothing like I can describe. Just overwhelming horrific pain! Midwife left the room to get epi, I started pushing!!! Omg...ow. My husband ran out of the room to get midwife who ambled back leisurely!! She examined me and said "oh! There is just a lip left of the cervix" and I said " I'm dilated...fully??!!" And yes I was! She told me not to push (how hard is that!!!) and then I just had to. I had been pretty silent most of my labour but ended up yelling "Goddamit OMG, the pain can I push??!" And after maybe 3 awful pushes (it made me arch my back and every muscle in your body tense) she started crowning and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Stung but I just wanted her out, did 3 pushes in one contraction and out she came! 2nd stage 2 minutes!! Small labia tear!

8lb 9!!! She's huge??! I've been measuring 5 weeks behind!!

Congratulations!!!! Good size baby considering your first was smaller! Great job, can't wait to see a pic :)

Congratulations and well done!!

Also beautiful name. It's the girls name we've chosen too!! :)

Congratulations can't wait to see pics! What an awesome birth:)

Congratulations hun, that sounds a lot quicker and preferable to your back to back 1st labour. Look forward to seeing pics :flower: xxx

Well done sweetie!! At last she is here and what a size. Does she look tiny still? i bet shes sooooo precious. Cant wait to see pics xx

Huge congratulations and great weight; just goes to show that bump size means nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->