Xmas saving....do you?

Mamafy

Mum to 5 & Angel Mum to 4
Reaction score
Well like the title says, do you save and if so how do you save?

I started in January:blush: with an asda savings card, I have £40 on it at the minute and should have £140-£150 on it by xmas:happydance: I gather tesco savings stamps/gift cards and should have £50-£60 on that by xmas:happydance: and I buy m&s gift cards too, good for yummy xmas food and pressies as well. I should have £60 for myself on that for xmas:happydance:

Plus I do start scouring for gifts and have about 3-4 santa things each for the 2 little ones and 2 santa things for my 9 year old plus loads of little pressies for under the tree for them all:cloud9:

With my brood I couldnt afford to do it all at once anyway but I think the earlier you start the more you can then afford plus all the food is sorted with all the saving cards/stamps.

So what do you all do or is Xmas a bad word until December where you live:dohh::rofl:

p.s I'm that excited I've got me a ticker :wohoo:

your ticker is ace hehe :):)

Ive never normally saved for christmas but thinking this year it might be a good idea!! Im lucky and wont need to pay for food etc... Advantages of being a young family and having your mum to go to still :):)

But with me only on maternity and lots of crimbo prezzies to buy I will have to think of something.... eeeek!!

However I like your idea of starting the shopping early!! That will prob be a better way for me!! Maybe start in october hehe :):)

I don't save money for Christmas but I do start my Christmas shopping early, and try to pick up one or two things each month.

With me, I like to buy all year round!!

I set myself a budget for each family member & then buy them a main present out of that. Come August I also buy at least one little thing every week for my little brother so come Xmas day he tends to have at least one main present & at least 20 little presents from me. I intend to do this for Anais as well!!

I usually do but it only just occured to me the other day that my next full pay will be the 31st December, so god knows how we'll manage this year :(

xxx

Buying early as you seen :blush:

Not done saving money but should and do say it every year ...I think now its a family life I will start next year.

i dont ever save money buy things each month ive allready got a few things for my partners neices and nephews xx

I have a direct debit that goes into my savings each week of £20 and i buy bits that are on sale! I LOVE x-mas , i get just as excited then my daughter , im the one jumping on her bed to wake up at 6 in the morning x-mas day haha.

:dohh:

I open christmas clubs, I just pay everything off weekly, my 10 year old doesnt believe any more so dont know what to do about him this year. I have also started ordering things out of ace/studio cards for Dec they do gets toys at really low prices.
I cant wait until christmas I love it

I feel really guilty now, we don't save a penny!!!

We go to TOYS R US 2 weeks before xmas and buy everthing our daughter wants and then the following week i go out and buy all the pressents for the whole family in one day. OH and i go out together for lunch on xmas eve and buy our prsents for each other then.

Think i might get one of those supermarket stamp things we spend a fortune on food and alcohol. How do you get one?

I dont save for xmas but start my shopping in the boxing day sales and because i know money will be tight this year being on SMP I have already bought a fair amount of pressies, really only close family still to buy for!

Think i might get one of those supermarket stamp things we spend a fortune on food and alcohol. How do you get one?

Asda do the xmas savings cards at the tills:happydance: you can keep adding to this. Tesco do saving stamps behind the tills I think plus they do gift cards but you cant add to these just put whatever amount you want on them.

M & S also do the gift cards so when I'm in I put whatever I can afford on a giftcard as savings. It will be handy for food:happydance:

I lovee doing this for xmas and you dont realise how much you can save until you start.

I have a direct debit that goes into my savings each week of £20 and i buy bits that are on sale! I LOVE x-mas , i get just as excited then my daughter , im the one jumping on her bed to wake up at 6 in the morning x-mas day haha.

:dohh:

im exactly the same, can never sleep on xmas eve and always first one up!! :blush: was even worse when i lived at home, used to go and wake all the kids up!!!!

i used to save on an asda card and found it really handy, especially for big xmas food shop. Havent done it for a couple of years now tho.

i buy bits and bobs during the year, well have been this year. got the kids a couple of presents already and got one or two for the family too

I've started buying now, i'm saving with tesco stamps, everytime i go in i put £2 on it, it was the food shoppin that made the dent last year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->