Xx

We have the occasional phase that is similar to what you describe. In our case it's definitely an attention thing - I don't know if you feel it is in your house or not.

What helps us get through the phase is playing with food. So, making dried pasta pictures, building "castles" with wet rice, diggers in peas were all things we did when she was younger. Now we make fruit skewers, bake cakes, make your own pizza with smiley faces etc. I try to make food fun - but away from the table. At the table we talk about anything BUT what is on her plate. I jut cannot entertain night after night of hearing what she does and doesn't want - but she isn't fussy - like I say it's an occasional phase to get attention & she usually gets fed up pretty quickly.

In your case - you describe panic attacks etc, I'd still be tempted to try the "food fun" route to make her feel less scared of certain things & challenge some of her preconceived ideas? It also means you both spend some time together around food without any stress or emphasis on her having to do something (eat). Maybe if you were both feeling more relaxed it might help? Worth a try??

Good luck with it. I know it drives me crazy to sit for an hour whilst dd tells me that she hates the meal I've cooked for her... and spends so long doing it that she then complains it's cold. And it's not everyday for me :hugs:

It seems to me that part of the issue is that you are not sat down eating with her. On days when I am not eating with my two them seem to take ages to eat.
Sitting down with her and eating should encourage her to eat in a reasonable time. I would say that it's not unreasonable to say that once you are finished the table gets cleared and she has to get down also. Once she realises that she won't be offered anything else then she should get on with eating when she is supposed to.

Tori can be almost like this, she may not take as long but breakfasts are an absolute nightmare :(

We implemented a star chart recently because shes fussy and we give her the star right after she eats all her dinner. However she loves the novelty of the star, so she tends to eat dinner a little better because shes got something to gain after it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->