Yay for Kylie!

APBTlover

Reaction score
So my daughter is 4 years old. She won't be five until November 4th. To be in kindergaten you have to be 5 before october. Well here,you have to be zoned for a school in order for you to register and attend. Well that mostly applies for kindergarten and up.But if you register your child for pre-k and he/she is not zoned for that school,the children that are zoned will get picked first and THEN if they have room,they start picking the children who are not zoned. So the school I want Kylie to go to,we are not zoned for. And they test the children before letting them in. Kylie went on May 12th to take their test. They asked her to write her name,count 10 blocks,name shapes,colors,and animals,name the people in her family,her last name,the city she lives in,and things like that. Well after that part,they asked her some things about her self. Like what she likes to do. She told them that she wants to be a photographer or she wants to show American Pit bull Terriers. She also told them that she likes snakes but "you can't pick up the outside snakes". When they got back,the lady told me that she talked the whole time but that is a good thing. So I got a letter today. Kylie starts school there on August 11th! They picked her first over the kids who were zoned for that school because she did better than all of them! I am so proud of her! It feels so good to see everything she has learned put into action. She WAS paying attention! lol. So we will be doing some work this summer to prepare. And OMG! I will be buying school supplies for my daughter for the very first time!

Awww.. thats great that she did that good!

Gosh.. only 4 years old. Seems so soon, Colton's not allowed to go to school.. lol. jk. I dont want him to leave me EVER! :lol:

That's great!! Is she young for her year too then, and has still done better than the others? You must be so proud of her :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->