• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Yay I'm 37 weeks!!!! Now to start the eviction process lol!

o0oCharlieo0o

Reaction score
I'm so excited I'm now full term and baby could come at any time!!! However I have a feeling this baby will stay put until overdue like two out of three of my babies did! I had my first on his due date but my second and third babies were both a week late!!! I would really like to have this baby on time or a little earlier as its measuring big and I'm super excited to meet him/her!! So I'm going to be trying some of the old wives tales of bringing labour on!! Anyone else trying? I know babies will come when they are ready and no sooner but fun to try eh? Lol so my list so far is...

Spicy food
Walking
Evening primrose oil
Sex
Pineapple
Nipple stimulation
Bouncing on Birthing ball

Anyone have any others they do?

I'm sooo excited!! :happydance: :happydance:

Riding down bumpy roads! My mother swore by it for all four of us. :)

I burnt some Clary Sage essential oil the day I went into labour..!!

I don't know of any. But I am going to follow to find out more!

Funny story though: When pregnant with her first, my sister kept telling him he was being evicted for several weeks. Then one day, On or just before her due date, I was sitting with my sister on her bed and she was watching me play Resident Evil 4. She stood up to go to the bathroom and her water broke. We joke, even now that the game play sent her into labor. With her second, we joked about getting together and I playing the game. I can not remember if we joked about it with her last one or not. But I believe it came up when I was pregnant with DD.

I hear ya! I'm so ready for him to be out out out!

Ideally not actually on thanksgiving, but really, any time now.

A friend who was due a week ahead of me had her daughter last week at 37+2 and swore by nipple stimulation, hadn't actually been her plan but her breast pump arrived and she was curious and gave it a little try, and was in labor 10 hours later.

I go back and forth with the labor anxiety and wanting him out - he's so hyper active I'm literally sitting here watching my stomach move, and i don't mean little moves or wiggles i mean feet actual feet....

I've been walking daily to the back of our property. We live on a big hill, and it takes me about 30 min to walk up the hill and back down. I've heard downhill walking helps get things started so hopefully that's true!

Hubby and I have also been trying to DTD a bit more often, but it is hard sometimes because hubby works shift work and is often at work overnight. Plus this baby has absolutely killed my sex drive, lol. I'm also going to start nipple stimulation.

I'm also going to start acupuncture at 39 weeks, and will go for a sweep at 40 weeks if nothing happens by then.

I drink about 4 cups raspberry leaf tea per day (I know it won't induce labour, but hoping it'll make things happen quickly once I get started!).

My friend swore that having a bath in clary sage oil and nipple simulation at the same time sent her into labour. Her baby was born in her due date.

Will be stalking for ideas incase I go over. Be interesting to see if any work for you!! Xx

I doubt any will work for me, they never have before lol I think of baby is ready they will help but if it's not ready then nothing's going to budge that baby out lol, just nice to try the things, adds to the excitement and gives you something to focus on while you wait for baby's arrival lol

I don't know if it started it but I believe it helped. I ate a medium spicy barbeque chicken pizza, just hours before my labor started, on 39+8.

This time I will do the same and just keep active and try some things mentioned here as well. I am always scared that if you stress about getting labor started that it will have the opposite effect.

I'm not full term yet, but when I am I plan to be bouncing on my birthing ball a lot! It seemed to help with my first. Also, I had sex the night before I went into labour with my first, so will be trying that again too. :) GL!

So exciting!!! I have a few more days till im 37 weeks then I'll be trying a few things! I heard that cinnamon tea could also help

4 more daya to term here aswell then i shall begin evicting the little man :) x

I just can't be bothered to bounce on my ball! Maybe because I did it twice before and it didn't work. I tried a hot curry last night, that didn't work. I might try sex tonight but I reaaaaly don't feel in the mood.

I haven't tried much yet lol, bouncing on the birthing ball and a little bit of nipple stimulation but not much because my nipples are a tad too sensitive lol!! I stopped drinking raspberry leaf tea because it's been making my heartburn worse and I stopped taking evening primrose oil because I think it was the cause of my headaches, I don't want to do it internally because I'm very sensitive and don't want to end up with thrush lol! I don't really want to have a spicy curry incase I get bad diarrhoea and go into labour and poop myself in labour lol that would be my worst nightmare!!! I just can't get my OH to have sex with me lol he works loads so he's been really tired and also I think all my moaning about my aches and pains is quite the turn off lol!!! So so far I'm not doing to well trying to get baby to arrive lol

Sounds like you're doing well talking yourself out of this eviction process!! Ha ha

Lol I know I'm going to have to sort it out lol!!! I don't want to go overdue like before especially as baby is big, I had a little dance around earlier with my little girl was hoping that would help but nothing lol no more moaning about aches and pains and then maybe my OH will go near me looool

I've tried absolutely allsorts, my last resorts are pineapple and clary sage oil. my friend used clary sage oil in bath and rubbed on her tummy and went into labour 2 hours later, she was only in labour 6 hours too the lucky thing! so I'm going to holland & Barrett tomorrow while finishing my Christmas shopping. my best friend joked we will start shopping there and rub
my belly and then do the rest of the shopping so hopefully waters break in one of the shops where you get vouchers like mamas and
papas haha!

I've been bouncing on the birthing ball since yesterday and since then (TMI WARNING!) I've lost some big globs of mucus plug. I know that can mean nothing, but I'm hoping it means something is happening!

I've heard good things about aromatherapy oil in lavender to start contractions. I have now slathered my bump with it and have it diffusing...one can hope!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->