Yay! My little boy has real manners!!!

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I'm a stickler for kids with manners, and hate it when they don't say please or thank you. One of the first words Charlie learned was Ta, and he was taught when to use it properly.

I refuse point-blank to pass anything to him until he says Thank You. I tend to hold it in my hand until he realises that I'm not going to let go!! He'll then look at me and say Pank You Mummy, which is close enough to Thank you for me and I'll let go.

And if he asks for anything, say a drink of milk, I'll say "you want a drink of milk, what?" To which we invariably get the response of "My want drink of milk what!":rofl: Then we say "no, drink of milk PLEASE", and he then says "please" and he gets it.

Just now he was eating some chocolate and came up to me with a dirty hand and said "Mummy, I want a wipe please":happydance::happydance: It was a full, clear sentence with all the words in the right places and please on the end!!!

It may not seem a lot to some, but this is a real milestone to me! My little boy is a polite, well-mannered toddler!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: Oh, and he likes clean hands!! :happydance:

:wohoo: thats amazing honey! i too think manners is soooooo important, well done you and charlie x

aww, thats ace. Im a stickler for manners too, they dont cost anything to have. Well done charlie. x

haha thats so cute! well done on having a good child! theres not enough of them these days

x

Aw how lovely. You are absolutely right to be proud of him. I love good manners. We have "please" sorted but "Thank you" is a lost cause at the moment! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->